magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please HELP!!! poor quality of voice to the person I call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnig469
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Please HELP!!! poor quality of voice to the person I call Reply with quote

I recently got the MJ. My router is a D-link DI-524. I tested my connection and I got a 4.2. I've tried a cordless phone and a cord phone. I did the magicfix and have upgraded. Everything works fine except the other person on the line can barely hear me. I tried almost everything...adjusting the volume on everything under every audio device. I really wanted this to work good but it may look like i have to return it? I read a lot of other people's topics but it seems to be of no help to me. There just doesn't seem to be any way to fix this problem.
Steve20r
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried calling other people?

You can click on Alt cont delete at the same time (vista) and then go to task manager, find Magic Jack USB Soft phone under Processes, right click and set the priority to high or real time. Not sure if that will help with the volume but it should give a little more Internet juice to the MJ.

If all else fails TALK LOUDER!
TreasureGift
MagicJack User

Location: On a mountain side in the high desert of far West Texas

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking louder, that's what I do, I also notice that different times of the day it is better or worse. Earlier in the day, it seems to work better, later in the afternoon and early evening, it's worse, I suspect it has something to do with more people using their MJs later in the day???
tnig469
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can talk louder but it still kind of low. I hear how some people say the sound is great and after my personal experience it doesn't even match my cell phone sound quality.
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn up your microphone volume in your computer's control panel. It doesn't work on the soft phone, but in the control panel itself. That will solve your problem.
tnig469
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried everything in the control panel...it doesn't work.
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be your phone,have you tried another brand/type? my vtech 5.8 is so loud that I have to turn the volume all the way down and it is still very loud,good luck.
tnig469
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried a 900 mhz phone and ive tried a corded phone...no luck
tnig469
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My area code is in nashville TN and I live in Kentucky you think that maybe a problem?
strndedinalska

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could definitely be your problem. I had a number in Dallas, which made my call quality crap. I changed to Seattle where my Internet dumps into the system and my call quality improved significantly. The further it has to travel and the more switches that the call has to go through will certainly reduce your voice to static. Do some speed tests to various areas and see which one works best and is the smoothest. That's how I picked mine the second time.
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnig469 wrote:
My area code is in nashville TN and I live in Kentucky you think that maybe a problem?

I live in Louisville, KY and I have on all 3 magicJacks Nashville,TN area code 615 with prefix 530 and I have no problems. Louisville and a few other Kentucky area codes are pending, so I plan to switch when 502 area code when the Louisville prefix is available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mark40511
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan,

I'm in Lexington and have a Columbus, OH number. Seems to work fine other than the person on the other end says I'm a little low but not horrible bad like it was at first. I have to keep the mic all the way up on the softphone and in my sound settings and talk on either a headset/corded phone and I'm pretty good, but forget a cordless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: