magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

phones blocking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: phones blocking Reply with quote

I tried to let customer service know that all sprint-nextel phones can not call magicjack numbers. They don't know how to fix it.
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/message-the-number-you-have-dialed-is-unallocated-t534.html

just gave them my moms sprint cell # and was fixed in aprox.24hrs, Its a known problem with MJ and hopefully will be resolved. good luck
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds like the opposite of what i want. I want to call magicjack numbers from my cellphone
snowigloo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a sprint and nextel phone and it works fine allways has
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've called your magicjack number from your sprint/nextel phone and it works. When both me and my friend who have nextel dialed my magicjack number it hung up on us and did not go through

please if anyone has a nextel phone please call my magic jack number 714-xxx-xxxx and if it hangs up let me know

Last edited by mcbelisle on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcbelisle, be carefull this is a public forum you might want to erase your number from your post asap.
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried this yet?

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fix-for-strange-busy-dial-tone-when-dialing-out-t451.html
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/need-help-t573.html
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcbelisle wrote:
you've called your magicjack number from your sprint/nextel phone and it works. When both me and my friend who have nextel dialed my magicjack number it hung up on us and did not go through

please if anyone has a nextel phone please call my magic jack number ###-###-#### and if it hangs up let me know

I just dialed your MJ number from my at&t Cell and it worked. Left a message on your Voice Mail. So whatever you are experiencing it is not peculiar to Cell phones in general but something Sprint/Nextel related. I know you asked for a Sprint/Nextel call but I couldn't resist the temptation. Embarassed
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I said. It's a thing with sprint-nextel only. They block calls to magicjack numbers
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not that sprint or MJ are blocking calls to one another. I think it is more of a "bridge down" situation. Magic Jack support should be able to fix the issue once its brought to their attention with specific information. Its kind of like you trying to check your e-mail from a PC but your ethernet cable is cut. The computer still works and the internet still works. They just cant talk till that bridge is in place
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what specific information is it. I told them I can't call magicjack numbers from sprint-nextel and they say it's my phone. What do i tell them?
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive read numerous posts on here where people have called their providers and complained that they can not connect to the MJ number. the provider then verifies that it was a MJ problem. Said user then returns to complain to MJ about the issue again they claim no wrong doing but "works with the other company" shortly after the lines of communication are fine.. you did step one in talking to MJ. Now call up sprint and tell them you cant connect to the MJ line at all and see what they say.
Also edit out your number from above you never want that hanging around
Vulture1340
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: phones blocking Reply with quote

mcbelisle wrote:
I tried to let customer service know that all sprint-nextel phones can not call magicjack numbers. They don't know how to fix it.

I had the same problem with Verizon Wireless when trying to call MJ # 412-301-xxxx (Pittsburgh, PA) from 203-912-xxxx CT or 773-563-xxxx MA. They told me that they had to update the routing tables to add the area codes and exchanges. Took about 24 hours.
TOF
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcbelisle wrote:
That's what I said. It's a thing with sprint-nextel only. They block calls to magicjack numbers

No problems here in 512 A/C with Sprint or ATT in calling my MJ number. Don't even have to dial the A/C. So it seems if it's a problem with Sprint it's not universal.
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Boost mobile customer service and they tried to call my mj number. They claimed that it was mj's fault problem and not theirs.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boost mobile prepaid? Eww.... But no issues with ATT wireless, TMO, Verzion, or Sprint here.
peace
kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today I called my mj number from my cellphone and it went through.
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the fix?, if you dont mind posting how you got it to work.
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure. the last thing i did was call boost mobile and they told me it was not my phone and nothing was done. then yesterday i called my mj number and it went through. don't know if they did anything or not
Vulture1340
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcbelisle wrote:
not sure. the last thing i did was call boost mobile and they told me it was not my phone and nothing was done. then yesterday i called my mj number and it went through. don't know if they did anything or not

They updated their routing tables to include the area code and prefix. Had the same problem with Verizon. They called from an at&t landline and got through, but when they tried from their Verizon test cell they got an error.
mcbelisle
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is anything but after I reported that it was working fine, I went outside and went down the street and i couldn't connect. my friends' cellphone who has nextel still can't connect to me. I think it has something to do with the individual cell towers. some towers don't work and some do. also if i have the forwarding on my mj to my cellphone it hangs up on itself when i go to dial. i would think it should go through and i should get voicemail on my cellphone but it just hangs up so i have to foward my calls to another number and not call magicjack number from my cellphone
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to think that you have to give them every number that does not work so they can update it on their servers,but I think this is the case because the number I gave them works great but I just tried another sprint number and will not connect. Crying or Very sad .It basically comes down to if it works on another phone(cell or landline)then the problem is on their end and has nothing to do with cell towers or any other thing I can think of, so to everyone, make a list of numbers and send them all to MJ and within aprox. 24hrs they should work. Rolling Eyes . could not hurt to try. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: