magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Petition For Class-Action-Lawsuit Customers Vs MJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the rest of your years with the orig MJ and use the MJ plus at the same time WITH THE SAME NUMBER ( just be sure to register the plus to your existing MJ account)...
Of course the MJ plus will expire first ( if you only have 1 yr of service) so you have to keep an eye on it.
So while you cant transfer the remaining years to the plus you are NOT losing them.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Dalton63841
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say that I have been using MagicJack going on 3 years straight now.

I do kinda wish existing customers could have gotten some kind of deal on the new MagicJack Plus, but I don't regret spending the money at all.

I have my magicJack Plus, modem, and router plugged into a UPS, so there is virtually no downtime, even during power outages. My call quality is on par with the local telephone service.

Perhaps the difference is that I don't feel the need to use it in the same fashion as a 15 year old girl with her parents cell phone...(In excess of 1.5 hours on a single call, REALLY?)

That having been said, I wouldn't buy the 5 year deal. None of us know what the future holds, and $20 a year is so cheap, I'm not gonna miss the maybe $10 savings from a 5 year contract.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get these calls from 'Rachel from Credit Card Services' all the the time on my regular AT&T landline phone. How much do you want to bet its someone like 'Rachel' who bought fifty magic jacks and is using them to robo-call everyone's uncle? It wouldn't surprise me if MagicJack thinks that people who call more than fifty people a day on a regular basis might be robocallers trying to scam people out of their money.

By the way, this 'Rachel'? She is a credit pirate. She'll try to steal your debt so she can raise the APR in a few months to truly usurious levels. I always ask the people who answer for 'Rachel' how they can sleep at night knowing they're robbing people they know won't be able to pay. I always get a potty-mouth answer. They know they're unassailable, and the FCC isn't doing anything to put them in jail.

Yes, I know there are business people who are on the phone all the time, but how many real people, business or otherwise call fifty unique numbers in a day? Who has the time?

I would like to know though how much is twenty times the average caller time per day...

Last edited by greenman on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenman wrote:

Yes, I know there are business people who are on the phone all the time, but how many real people, business or otherwise call fifty unique numbers in a day? Who has the time?
That's why there has always been a great deal of skepticism on the rare posts where someone has claimed they were cut off for "overuse" and didn't have a clue why. That said it would still be nice for them to be more specific in the TOS and also to tell you exactly why you were cancelled.
okcjim
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing to me that people pay about the price of a couple of lunches for long distance telephone service for a year and get bent out of shape over petty stuff like I've read in this forum. Of course, my use is probably different than most of yours.

I've had my MagicJack for over two years and probably haven't made - or answered - two dozen calls on it. (So I guess I'm guilty of pulling down the average MJ user usage). I use mine primarily as a number to give out when I'm on a web site that demands a phone number before they will direct you to information, or registering for mailed information at a trade show and they also want a telephone number. Then I give my MagicJack number.

If I get calls back from it, I don't answer them. I check voice mail, and if I decide it's something I want to talk about, I call back. Otherwise, they can keep calling the number and getting no answer. That service alone is worth the annual fee to me - so I certainly can't understand the agitation from people who apparently use theirs many hours a week.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okcjim wrote:
I certainly can't understand the agitation from people who apparently use theirs many hours a week.

Part of it is just knowing ahead of time so you can avoid a problem.

An example is a fairly recent NetTalk post. Some guy had some family medical emergency that supposedly put him over their limits. If I remember the posts correctly, there were solutions offered to him which may or may not have worked since I don't believe he posted after some initial complaints.

I take most such posts with a grain of salt, whether on here or with other products. That still doesn't change the fact that MJ could set a monthly minute cap, but have, in their wisdom, decided not to. And MJ users have reported being cut off and not told why. The last thing I'm going to worry about is if making 50 calls in a 24 hour period because of a one-time emergency will get me cut-off. But I sure will be pissed the next day. As it stands now we are only left to guess at what is or isn't allowed.
Pablo123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E911 is still active when you break the TOS, you just cant dial regular numbers.
MagicJackLinux
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Media? Haha! Reply with quote

I don't consider CNN or CNBC "Media" haha. Hey, It's 34 bucks. Forget it. You'll spend far more fighting to feeeeeel good.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Media? Haha! Reply with quote

MagicJackLinux wrote:
I don't consider CNN or CNBC "Media" haha. Hey, It's 34 bucks. Forget it. You'll spend far more fighting to feeeeeel good.

Well we haven't heard from DownWithMJ for a while. Must be busy with a CNN producer on the MJ story.
SickofMJ
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Proceed with Class action against Magic Jack!! Reply with quote

I think you SHOULD PROCEED with the class action against Magic Jack. Everything about it sucks. I feel that they are dishonorable and have no intention of giving satifaction to the customers they have purchased.

I think it was a great idea, but the product still has way to many bugs in it and is clearly not ready for public use! The inventors know this but by now they've made a few million bucks and could care less about all of us that have been juked!!

There is NO customer service help AT ALL. A bunch of non-AMERICAN ENGLISH people giving i'm sorry's then hang up on you!!

There is no warning about the old MJ renewal cost going to $29 instead of the original $19.99 renewal cost. So in essence they're forcing you to buy the NEW NON WORKING PLUS MJ !!!

THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS AND DISHONEST AND SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE !!!!
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Proceed with Class action against Magic Jack!! Reply with quote

SickofMJ wrote:
I think you SHOULD PROCEED with the class action against Magic Jack. Everything about it sucks. I feel that they are dishonorable and have no intention of giving satifaction to the customers they have purchased.

I think it was a great idea, but the product still has way to many bugs in it and is clearly not ready for public use! The inventors know this but by now they've made a few million bucks and could care less about all of us that have been juked!!

There is NO customer service help AT ALL. A bunch of non-AMERICAN ENGLISH people giving i'm sorry's then hang up on you!!

There is no warning about the old MJ renewal cost going to $29 instead of the original $19.99 renewal cost. So in essence they're forcing you to buy the NEW NON WORKING PLUS MJ !!!

THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS AND DISHONEST AND SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE !!!!

you tell em mr. one post wonder !!!
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the extra large font with all caps and FOUR (!!!!) exclamation points for the last sentence really emphasize how serious this is. I'm going to call my attorney muy pronto!

Sorry for the non-American English, but that's how we talk in Lost Angeles.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
I think the extra large font with all caps and FOUR (!!!!) exclamation points for the last sentence really emphasize how serious this is. I'm going to call my attorney muy pronto!

Sorry for the non-American English, but that's how we talk in Lost Angeles.

EXCELLENT POINT!!!!!!!! ( hey I beat him in exclamation points). I am sure the attorney fees he will incur will never be more than what a MJ costs, right Smile
greenman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: I kicked AT&T to the curb!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I've been using mine as the main home phone since December. Nobody can tell it's not a POTS line, except for one good neighbor whose own POTS line is problematic.

I kicked AT&T to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!*
They came back with a whiny 'We miss you letter', saying we could come back for the same old contract, at the price we had before they jacked it out of our budget. I wanted to laugh in their faces. Buh bye, AT&T.

*I'd use larger letters, but it's rude. Though no legal implications are implied, repeated exclamatory punctuation most certainly increases my credibility. It also makes me more handsome and increases my... charisma.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am sure the attorney fees he will incur will never be more than what a MJ costs, right

The costs of MJ will cover one( very short) smile of attorney's receptionist.
Why do people pick up those antique threads? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: