magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

People I am talking to cant hear me properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmberlias
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: People I am talking to cant hear me properly Reply with quote

I can hear everyone fine, but apperantly they cant hear me well. I keep cutting out every few seconds. We have fast internet, so its not that.... Please help
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"fast" ?
how fast is your "fast internet"?
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you downloading something at the same time as your call?

As has been suggested many times in this forum, have you tried plugging the MJ+ directly into the router to see if the problem stops? If it does, you may need a new router or to change settings in your existing router. Search the forum for suggestions.

Last edited by Bill Smith on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimmberlias
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
"fast" ?
how fast is your "fast internet"?

When you do the 'speed' test online it comes up at 18MB/S. Something may have been being download at this time... I will test tomorrow to see if that is the cause. The MagicJack+ is plugged in directly to our wireless modem.
Mayo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have clicking and slight interuption to my calls ... and its not my speed either I opened the ports made themagic jack dmz... and still have issues.. I do not plug into computer I am directley to router.. i upgraded firmware.. and running out of ideas anyone???

My speed is lightning fast

Mayo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me I have sorted the issues...(the cracks and beeps, cutting in and out)

1) I made my Magic Jack DMZ on my router.

2) On top of it i opened ports 5060, 5070, 49152, 65525 on my router.

3) I used panasonic cordless phones.

4) I upgraded the firmware to the latest for my magic jack.

but in the end the real issue seemed to be...

the location of my magic jack and phone lines... I had them all scattered behind my tv and mixed with my cat 5 cords and router. The MAgic Jack was on a power bar with 10 other things...
From what I read the cat 5 cords/router can interfere with the magic jack (causing cracks and beeps) ..
5) so it better to use a 20foot cat 6 cord(got a new one) and get the magic jack as far away from the router and cords as possible... Directly after moving the phone cords and the magic jack to its OWN plug bang NO clicking, No crackling, NO beeps it works just like a LAN line.

So get your magic jack away from your cords and mess and try to keep it as far away from your router as possible and try again... I hope this works for you it did for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: