magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCphonesoft misleading advertising. Should be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yazyazoo
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: PCphonesoft misleading advertising. Should be Reply with quote

I bought magicringforever from pcphonesoft.com. On the homepage it says 'use on one or more computers'.

This implies you can use it as many times as you want. What it really means you can only use it with one MagicJack dongle. They should state this.

The homepage should say the software is per one MagicJack dongle.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: PCphonesoft misleading advertising. Should be Reply with quote

yazyazoo wrote:
I bought magicringforever from pcphonesoft.com. On the homepage it says 'use on one or more computers'.

This implies you can use it as many times as you want. What it really means you can only use it with one MagicJack dongle. They should state this.

I don't want to be THAT guy who is always sticking up for "The Man", but how could you think anything else? Otherwise you could buy it once, and give it out to anyone else with a MagicJack. Not to be overly mean, but I guess that means I'm gonna be, you must be the reason why they put the warning on my peanut butter jar that people allergic to peanuts shouldn't eat it.
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: PCphonesoft misleading advertising. Should be Reply with quote

yazyazoo wrote:

I don't have your magicringForever but i do have MagicFeatures and it DOES ONLY work with my MJ. The software is serial sensitive which means it will work with ONE MJ and if you TRY to use it with another dongle it will NOT work or WILL be unregistered. I like the ppl at PCphonesoft. The money you purchased it for is a drop in the bucket unless and no offence your on welfare and it's cutting into your monthly check or food stamps then you should of never purchased it. Im sure PCphonesoft as a developer WOULD of had on there site something to the affect it can be used with multi dongles etc, The software they use has server checking etc. I paid for mine when i did'nt even have to but this company is on the up and up IMO. The medical community says excessive ringing in your head can be harmful to your health, Please take this under consideration Exclamation
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: PCphonesoft misleading advertising. Should be Reply with quote

yazyazoo wrote:

NO it implies if you move your MJ among one or more PC's then it will continue to work. So yes they did state it, you just didnt comprehend it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yazyazoo
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did miscomprehend it. That is exactly what I am saying that they should be clearer on their homepage. It should say per MJ dongle.

It works fine but I thought it would work for my two MJ dongles on the same computer.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, you posted on the PCPhoneSoft public forum that you had actually tried to install it on somebody else's computer to use with their magicJack as well. That is where you ran into problems.

If you are going to attempt to be ugly and/or dishonest, please at least do a better job and make up just one story and stick to it. You tried to steal and it just didn't work out so get over it.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yazyazoo wrote:

It works fine but I thought it would work for my two MJ dongles on the same computer.

That statement in and of itself is also wrong as one can only use one MJ per PC....

And now that Redpepper cleared things up, I am not sure how much help you are going to get.. Tsk Tsk...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yazyazoo
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not try to steal it. If you re read the whole thing it was for my parents MJ. However you didn't resolve it and just decided to delete my post. I had just made a statement at your forums and since you decided to moderate me and delete I decided to post here.

I would love for you to post the thread here and not alter it. I did not try to steal. I paid for the product and was just stating that the page should be changed to per MJ dongle.

I clearly posted what happened and said I felt things should be stated more clearly. How did I steal it?!
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reading Comprehension Skills Reply with quote

Are you saying that you cannot "Use it on any computer"?

I didn't see anywhere in their ad where it said you could "Use it with any dongle"

I hate to see folks flamed for no good reason by someone who's reading comprehension skills leaves something to be desired.

Why did you post this thread in this area instead of the lounge to begin with. This doesn't seem to be any tip or trick pertaining to MJ to me.
tsmith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misunderstood a statement about one of their products a number of months ago, and when I read it again I realized I'd made an assumption that wasn't correct. My fault. PCphonesoft has bent over backwards to produce third-party products that are top notch.

You misunderstood like we all do at times. It wasn't their fault. No need to flame them.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yazyazoo wrote:
I did miscomprehend it. That is exactly what I am saying that they should be clearer on their homepage. It should say per MJ dongle.

In my humble opinion, they don't need to be any clearer. COMMON SENSE should tell you that you can't use it with more than one dongle. Otherwise they would sell ONE download and we would all just pass it around. Give us a break yazoo.

And I guess the peanut butter jar warning was for you. Here's another one, don't climb on the side of the ladder without the steps.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I guess the peanut butter jar warning was for you. Here's another one, don't climb on the side of the ladder without the steps.

Now that's funny; I don't care who you are. - Larry, the Cable Guy

yazyazoo
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect all your comments about my misunderstanding. What got me upset and post here was the way PCphonesoft handled the thread over in their forums. They just deleted it without a resolution to me. I don't know what I posted that warranted to be deleted. I asked him to please post the whole thread here. I never asked for a way to steal. I just stated it was misleading. At the end of the thread I asked how do I transfer to license I bought to my Parents MJ dongle and I could leave with my answering machine twice. PCPhonesoft decided not to answer and deleted the thread.

I guess that is great customer service.

He then implies here that I tried to steal his software. I paid for it. I tried to install it on my parents and my computer. It didn't work so I went on the forum asking why it doesn't install. I stated it should say per MJ dongle. I then asked how do I switch it to my Parents MJ.

Thread deleted and no answer on how to unregister my MJ dongle and apply it to my parents.

So how else is a end user of their software to get help?

If PCPhonesoft just answered how to unregister my MJ to put it on my parents MJ dongle this would have been alleviated.

You can do a search on my threads and posts here. I never flame and try to help users out. However the way my support in PCsoft forums was never answered and deleted made me upset.

This will be the last that I talk about it.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, you should go back and double check your junk e-mail folder.

Not long after you posted a follow up reply to your thread on the PCPhoneSoft forum requesting help, we sent an e-mail to you offering to reset your magicJack license key for you. Similar assistance is also offered to customers that have to replace their magicJack USB dongle for a new one for whatever reason.

Your thread was only deleted after more personalized assistance and instructions were offered to you by direct e-mail for your own security and privacy. In any event, I am going to re-send the instructions that were previously e-mailed to you via your private message box in this forum so you can move forward.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:

Not long after you posted a follow up reply to your thread on the PCPhoneSoft forum requesting help, we sent an e-mail to you offering to reset your magicJack license key for you. Similar assistance is also offered to customers that have to replace their magicJack USB dongle for a new one for whatever reason.

Your thread was only deleted after more personalized assistance and instructions were offered to you by direct e-mail for your own security and privacy. In any event, I am going to re-send the instructions that were previously e-mailed to you via your private message box in this forum so you can move forward.

bottom line: pcphonesoft is a top notch operation that stands behind their product.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, and then some.....
FunkyBoss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with everyone else here. I've been a MagicFeatures user for a long time now, and I've never been confused on what the conditions were when purchasing. And red has always been helpful whenever I've seen folks posting questions or issues over there.
tc1uscg
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: PCphonesoft misleading advertising. Should be Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
yazyazoo wrote:

NO it implies if you move your MJ among one or more PC's then it will continue to work. So yes they did state it, you just didnt comprehend it.

No, it implies that the software is linked to ONE MJ. That's what they imply. You can't move your MJ to another computer and expect PCSoft to work. You have to REINSTALL the software. I think the orig poster has every right to not be happy and regardless how you may feel about the people who produce this app, they are hacking a piece of hardware and if you read MJ's EULA, you void your warranty and terms of use just like using the popup blocker. So, I have no pitty for them at all. I guess I wouldn't call their practices any more ethical then someone running a patch to get around their restrictions. Nuff said. Wink
tc1uscg
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:

Maybe in 09/10 you did, but not anymore. I requested a reset due to expiration of the MJPlus and you, for lack of better terms, told me to pack sand. Though the software was ok to a point, you should if anything, make it so the user can change the dongle it's assigned to. It's still getting used on ONE unit. Would that be too much to ask? Just a suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: