magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PayPal giving you a headache? --- I think they're stupid :-/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What'd ya think of PayPal and using it everywhere you can
I like PayPal very much, and will continue to use them
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
I've had SOME problems with them, but not bad mostly
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Seems most times some screw-up with a transaction happens
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
They're getting worse from years past... I'm thinking of using them less often
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
They're getting better from years past ... I'm considering coming back to them more
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Forget it ... I've had it with PayPal and their scripted customer help answers
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
I have a law suit pending against them!!!
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
I don't have a PayPal account, for this very reason
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
I really don't care about this... :-)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 49

davrow
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFreightTRAIN, do you mean PayPal account or Bank Account in your post?

PayPal is not a bank. And, PayPal cannot do anything to or with your bank account other than take out money (or much more rarely, put some in it).

It sounds like you mean they would not give you access to your money being held by them. Quite different from not allowing you to access a bank account. Clarification, please..
johnatnro
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a PayPal account a few years ago and canceled it after a buyer claimed he didn't receive his purchase. PayPal took the money out of my account even though UPS confirmed delivery.

I reopened the account a few months ago. I made a purchase and PayPal tried to take the money out of my bank account, but there wasn't enough to cover it. They then did this two more times before finally taking it from my credit card. They cost me $120.00 in bank fees as a result. When I called, I got some foreigner who barely spoke English and knew absolutely nothing except how to read from a script. She couldn't transfer me to someone who could cancel my account, so I called again. Another foreigner, same old crap, and after giving him my info, they said they would be right back. 40 minutes later they returned and said the account was closed.

You like PayPal? Do an online search and read what others have to say.
ret27m
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used paypal for years, NEVER a problem, I use it weekly.
libertyville
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Paypal isn't what it used to be Reply with quote

I had been a Paypal user since nearly the beginning and appreciated that I could use it as a frequently easier option. It worked easily and reliably. But in the last year, it has been impossible for me to transact purchases. I had 2 credit card numbers and it always forced me to use the one I did not want. Customer service sent me around in circles. There was no alternative option to correct their setup problems. Finally after many months of frustration, I was now using only retailers who gave me an alternative to Paypal, so I cancelled my Paypal account. They couldn't care less when I told them but I am no longer frustrated. Arrogance from having a near monopoly creates customer service carelessness. Paypal has crossed Mad that threshold.
MOA
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you read through this thread you read where people did this and that and things are ok ...

THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!

You jump though hoops just to make it work ...

A respectable business you DO NOT NEED TO JUMP!!!

Payscam is just that, a scam!!!!

Buyer beware ...
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal isn't what it used to be Reply with quote

YES!! exactly ... at the beginning, starting with them around 8 years ago, they were really good, now, it seems they're getting stupid or something is in their water making them that way Razz it's really amazing how much they've degraded the service. I try to pay using other ways but sometimes just can't get away from still using their's ... is there another paypal type of business out there to not have to go with paypal?

libertyville wrote:
I had been a Paypal user since nearly the beginning and appreciated that I could use it as a frequently easier option. It worked easily and reliably. But in the last year, it has been impossible for me to transact purchases. I had 2 credit card numbers and it always forced me to use the one I did not want. Customer service sent me around in circles. There was no alternative option to correct their setup problems. Finally after many months of frustration, I was now using only retailers who gave me an alternative to Paypal, so I cancelled my Paypal account. They couldn't care less when I told them but I am no longer frustrated. Arrogance from having a near monopoly creates customer service carelessness. Paypal has crossed Mad that threshold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: