magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic jill
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack Beeping and No Voicemail Reply with quote

Laughing What the heck! Me, too. Beeping. Found less beeping occurs when I speak very quietly and slowly. Still occurs, though. Now, voicemail has disappeared. Need help on both. Where do we get tech support? Do we pay for it?
svguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack Beeping and No Voicemail Reply with quote

magic jill wrote:
Laughing What the heck! Me, too. Beeping. Found less beeping occurs when I speak very quietly and slowly. Still occurs, though. Now, voicemail has disappeared. Need help on both. Where do we get tech support? Do we pay for it?

I noticed when I talk that on the magic jack on screen key pad numbers will pop up, and when they do that is when the people on the other end hear it. So yes, I believe it is voice triggered. You can change the mic settings but I have tried different ones and still beeping.

As for the voicemail, yes VM that I have saved is gone. You can have the vm file e-mailed to you...and save that. Bummer though...service is getting crappy.

You can get support from someone in India through the help section on their site. Good luck with THAT!!
david123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: MJ Beep Reply with quote

I have a solution I have found to work on magicJacks on the beeping issue. Check out my site www.edscukoouhren.com and look for the Beep link.
richp1000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: MJ Beep Reply with quote

[quote="david123"] I have a solution I have found to work on magicJacks on the beeping issue. Check out my site www.edscukoouhren.com and look for the Beep link. [/quote]

You conveniently forgot to mention that you charge $$$ for your "solution".
david123
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: richp1000 post Reply with quote

Rich, per your recent post on my magicJack Beep solution, I have 2.5 months of my own time and cash to figure this out. Parts cost money, Install time cost money. I am not trying to be unfair my friend, I just want to be able to recoup my cost on the part and installiation. Hope you understand. I am sure you have tried with the offical magicJack chat and support, I don't have to explain the quality of that route. Seems a shame that mJ engineers with college PHD's can't help with this.
David123
www.edscukoouhren.com Smile
synchron
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to update your article. Statistics show from the threads here at UMJF show dramatic "less to no beep" improvement with upgrades from 8/1 and beyond. MJ also added a setting on their webpage that seems to help. This issue is getting to be old news and trying to profit at this point seems pretty mute.

Synchron Cool
didaboston
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
I think you need to update your article. Statistics show from the threads here at UMJF show dramatic "less to no beep" improvement with upgrades from 8/1 and beyond. MJ also added a setting on their webpage that seems to help. This issue is getting to be old news and trying to profit at this point seems pretty mute.

Synchron Cool

I agree with you , i really can't stand some people how they think.

Some people don't understand what the world "Share" means .

Simply a selfish SOB, but no worries , Karma is around the corner for you.
mjuser2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
MJ also added a setting on their webpage that seems to help.
Synchron Cool

What setting? I always have the beeping problem with certain numbers, but not others. I would love a solution.
forcedfx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried changing my configuration VIA their website and have the latest version, and no dice. It depends on the persons voice pitch. It rarely happens when I'm speaking because I have a deeper voice than a woman. My g/f's voice makes the beeping go CRAZY to the point where I can barely figure out what she is saying. When she is on the phone with one of her girlfriends.... forget it. She hates the magic jack and I have to catch the brunt of it.

I'm super frustrated at this point.
richp1000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David - I have no beef with you wanting to charge for your "beeping solution". I'm certainly aware of expenses and time cost when troubleshooting a problem and if you feel it's necessary to try and recoup those costs, that's your decision.

My issue was that your post on this forum - a forum that for the most part is built around people helping people WITHOUT charging money - left out that a "nominal fee" would be charged for the information you had. To me, that's deception.
CDJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Dan's email address so I can let him know?
CDJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an eighteen minute conversation with my lady friend who I usually get the beeps from, and none occurred. She called me, so I wonder if it only happens on an outgoing call. She has a very high-pitched voice and is a soprano in the choir at our church.
dallen81
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: beeping and cutting out sound Reply with quote

on your desktop right click on MY COMPUTER
then choose MANAGE
under the computer management screen choose DISK MANAGEMENT on the left options
then on the bottom portion of the screen you should see something like Disk 1 and it should say to the right PHONE and the drive letter please right click and then choose Properties.

then along the top choose the POLICIES tab and there will be 2 choices optimize for quick removal or optimize for performace choose the optimize for performace.

What should happen is the dial tone should be faster and when the softphone loads it will be faster and as well as the tones when you dial on your phone will sound different and respond faster

I can also suggest getting a digital based phone. I have had magicjack for 3mths and tried everything to a power hub a corded phn all kinds of options but doing the above steps and buying a digital cordless phone i can say i hear no beeps and no cutting out and am finally happy
jlewis2444
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Beeping Reply with quote

I posted a question about this over a year ago. I've had this problem for more than a year and a half. I was told that the system interprets certain tones in one's voice as a numeric keyboard and converts that to a digital signal. I think I have that right.... I was also told that it's not uncommon with VOIP phones. I rarely hear any beeps, but those I'm calling hear it. Most family members are just used to it now. But I could never use my MJ for business purposes because of that. I hope they fix this!!!
susankasher
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Beeping Problems Reply with quote

i just bought the MJ and am having beeping problems. i contacted customer service chat line and they had me lower my security settings. that did not work. then they had me update my drivers. i have a new computer and the drivers had already been updated. anyone ever figure out how to handle this problem?

anyone try the tk6000? i just sent off for it since i cant get mj to work.
Turakz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Beeping Problem Reply with quote

I chatted with Customer Service about this stupid beeping problem just now and the following are the steps I was told to follow:

(I'm using Windows XP)
Under the Exceptions tab in the Windows Firewall Settings, add the following 2 ports:

Name: MJ1
Port: 5060
Type: UDP

Name: MJ2
Port: 5070
Type: UDP

After this is done, close the dialog. Unplug your magicjack and after 15 seconds plug in a different USB port. After magicjack starts up run the upgrade from the following link:

http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

After this is done you're good to go.

I've made a few calls in the past 10 mins or so since I completed these steps and the people I called have not heard a single beep yet. Before this they were a few beeps like every min or so.

I'll post an update after a few days to let you all know whether its still working fine or not.
susankasher
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that too, and it didn't work. I think it is because my Wireless company, Clearwire, prevents me from using phone systems other than theirs. I took my Magic Jack back yesterday! Luckily, i bought it from Office Depot where it had a 30-day return policy. Unfortunately, I now have to pay $20 a month, but Magic Jack was intolerable.
opsman56
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Beeping Reply with quote

I have used my MJ on my Mac book pro and have had no problem using usb headset or laptop mic and speakers. If I use my standard corded phone set
beeps/numbers are added on call and on softphone.
DonL
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: This fixed it for me!!!
I contacted Majic jack via the online interactive thru Majic Fix on the menu. They gave me a couple of upgrades but it didnot fix it. Then they had me turn the the microphone level down to 1/3 max in the control panel / sound / microhone properties. This fixed it and it has worked good now for 2 weeks. I am very pleased that they were able to help me on a Sunday evening
ksbeta
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Magic Beep Reply with quote

putting at 1/3 level may work for just so long. I did the same and now still get beeps. it will not go away as they have poor filtering on VOIP.
have to restart your computer several times a day and that seems to help but not eliminate.
ksbeta
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Magic Beep - take Magic Jack back Reply with quote

anyone have any luck trying to get money back from MagicJack from purchasing directly online? it is not working as stated and have 5 year contract that I want to get my money back from.
anyone?
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Beep - take Magic Jack back Reply with quote

ksbeta wrote:
anyone have any luck trying to get money back from MagicJack from purchasing directly online? it is not working as stated and have 5 year contract that I want to get my money back from.
anyone?

I'm sorry to hear things have not worked out.

If you bought your MJ around the same time you joined this forum, then I'm afraid you are out of luck (30 day guarantee, and all that). If you can convince them your MJ is defective, then they will replace it for you, but it is highly unlikely you could secure a refund.

If things do not work out in that regard, you could consider giving it away as a gift to someone who could get real usage out of it.
ksbeta
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Magic Beep Reply with quote

thanks for your reply
onlyme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ksbeta maybe you would have better luck running it on a cheap thin client.
opsman56
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Beeping - Fix? Reply with quote

Got a new update for mac today to stop beeping...but to no avail. I did more goofing around and found out that if I use a corded phone or usb headset it works fine. But if I use the speakerphone function or if I use cordless...the beeps start. I need to see if I can turn mic all the way down to see if problem goes away.
Turakz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Using Magicjack as a service, does beeping occur? Reply with quote

I wanted to ask other folks having the beeping problem, are any of you using Magicjack as a service?

If using MJ as a service makes the problem go away I can probably do that.
solearth
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: beeps Reply with quote

susankasher,
I had a problem with Clearwire blocking ports necessary for VOIP. However, I put my modem output into my Netgear router. MJ (and my other voip) works properly. When hooking the computer directly to the modem, MJ would lose the internet connection after about 20 minutes. So I use the router full time.
Since my signals are routed to open ports, I receive updates when necessary. Even through a company that tries to block all VOIP, except for their own voice service.
~RNC~
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have had mj for about a month, I just found this forum and needed to post also.
I have, it's not really a beeping, but more like a clicking noise on my phone, I have switched the mj to different ports on my pc, didn't help, switched phones, also didn't help, I hear it on my side and the person on the other side hears it also, does any one know how to fix this??
I have also tried some of the things I read on here and nothing helps.
jcc2z
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Still no fix Reply with quote

Ok guys, it's been a while since I have replied to this thread. However, I did want to say that the beeping is STILL there.

It isn't as bad as it once was, it seems to only do it to me when I'm talking to someone. The beeps have just been on my end for the past couple of months. But it hasn't been but a couple per convo. Which is better than what it used to be.

Now, with that said, I rebuilt another computer. I am using the magicjack with a quad core, 8gigs of RAM with 64-bit Windows 7.

The tech support keeps on trying to tell users to do this and that, blah blah blah. However, this is a software issue on their product. It doesn't have anything to do with ports, volume mixture, etc. I have tried everything on this thread, and it seems that certain pitches in a persons voice triggers the beep.

I can deal with it. It just pisses me off. I did file a report to the BBB. I didn't want to, but they never could get a fix. There are plenty of others out there who haven't even spoke up.

The new magicjacks that you can buy at the store today might not do it, I don't know. Because I would think they have a different firmware design.

Anyways, thats my update.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Still no fix Reply with quote

jcc2z wrote:
Ok guys, it's been a while since I have replied to this thread. However, I did want to say that the beeping is STILL there.

It isn't as bad as it once was, it seems to only do it to me when I'm talking to someone. The beeps have just been on my end for the past couple of months. But it hasn't been but a couple per convo. Which is better than what it used to be.

Now, with that said, I rebuilt another computer. I am using the magicjack with a quad core, 8gigs of RAM with 64-bit Windows 7.

The tech support keeps on trying to tell users to do this and that, blah blah blah. However, this is a software issue on their product. It doesn't have anything to do with ports, volume mixture, etc. I have tried everything on this thread, and it seems that certain pitches in a persons voice triggers the beep.

I can deal with it. It just pisses me off. I did file a report to the BBB. I didn't want to, but they never could get a fix. There are plenty of others out there who haven't even spoke up.

The new magicjacks that you can buy at the store today might not do it, I don't know. Because I would think they have a different firmware design.

Anyways, thats my update.

If it was only MJ with that problem, I'd be more bothered by it. However, since I've experienced the DTMF beeping on other VOIP services, I just shine on.

If they dial down the sensitivity too far, then you can't enter pin codes, "press 1 for English", etc. And if they make it too sensitive you get bleeping beeps every other bleeping word.

They try to strike a balance. Personally, it's something I can live with. I should point out that I only get a couple beeps per conversation, at most.
jz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread Reply with quote

chiplatham wrote:
i searched and found that the beeping that callers on the other end hear is common. i can no longer use mj because of this.

has anyone heard anything about a fix? i have used 3 different phones...2 cordless and 1 corded....and my callers hear beeps throughout the call.

The only fix that can be done is to contact the magicJack technical support and tell them to adjust your DTMF.
Turakz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Have the steps on this thread worked for anyone? Reply with quote

Have the steps on this looooooooooooooooong thread worked for anyone? I spent hours trying each step out and also running through the steps with the so called Magicjack Live Chat. Nothing has worked so far. I'm definitely not renewing my license if this piece of junk keeps doing the same thing.
thekat09
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the beeps since July.. but the beep is only on my end..
The person I am calling never hears it..

It does "seem" like it is less frequent now ..but that may just be my perception..

and for $ 20/ year.. I can put up with a few "glitches".. Laughing
Turakz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Beeping Reply with quote

thekat09 wrote:
I have had the beeps since July.. but the beep is only on my end..
The person I am calling never hears it..

It does "seem" like it is less frequent now ..but that may just be my perception..

and for $ 20/ year.. I can put up with a few "glitches".. Laughing

Well lucky you I guess. I would have been able to live with the beeps myself if they were on my end but they're not. I mainly use the MJ for dialing into conference calls for my work and I don't want to seem retarded to my work people because of my phone. Wouldn't you agree?
thekat09
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Beeping Reply with quote

Turakz wrote:

Well lucky you I guess. I would have been able to live with the beeps myself if they were on my end but they're not.
I mainly use the MJ for dialing into conference calls for my work and I don't want to seem retarded to my work people because of my phone.
Wouldn't you agree?

Not sure why mine would be different than everyone else's beeping issue.. but if it was
the same as yours.. then I also be very frustrated..

On the contrary, you are saving the company an inordinate amount of $$ that is
far from retarded..

tk
bongohawk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Google Voice may be culprit Reply with quote

I have searching and trying all kinds of fixes for the "beeping" problem and so far nothing has worked. Well today I stumbled upon a Google voice forum discussing the Beep. I have a good feeling that the Beep isn't from the MagicJack, but it is from those users who have a Google Voice account and are either calling out or receiving calls from their Google Voice number linked to their Magicjack. It seems like Google might be aware of this, but no set fix has posted.

Linking this problem back to the June or July starting timeframe, I would say that could correlate with Google Voice being released to the public. Below is the link the Google Voice forum.
[url]
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=3930b5e46e41ac71&hl=en[/url]

I am just curious as to how many users on this particular topic have a Google Voice account. I seem to think I never get the beep if I just call out using my MagicJack. However, when others call me using my Google Voice number and I am talking on my phone connected to my Magicjack I sometimes hear the beep. I do recall hearing the beep when I was talking on my mobile phone, which is linked to my Google Voice account. That is what really got me wandering.

Your thoughts????
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts? In most cases unrelated to GV.

In most cases it is related to the age old problem of DTMF Talk Off, which is not terribly uncommon in the VOIP world. That's why it's just crazy enough to exist on both GV and MJ.
madu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: another with beeping issues... Reply with quote

I'm basically just chiming in because at least I've found a group that shares my problem!

I picked up my magicjack a bit before Christmas this year. At first everyone I spoke to told me how great it was, how clear the call sounded.

After a short while, I started getting complaints about beeping, first from family members and then in a more professional situation (which was incredibly embarrassing).
I have looked at all the options without finding any promising solutions and I'm really frustrated by this, hearing people complain about the beep is just as annoying as the beep itself!!!

I really wish magicJack tech would do something about this problem, though I suppose that's a vain hope considering how many have been dealing with this issue for far longer than I have... ... ...
ramystyle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Found a fix Reply with quote

Hello,

In case you still haven't found a fix for this problem, here it is:

http://multimontreal.com/blog/2010/02/magicjack-beeping-fix/

Cheers ! Surprised
bongohawk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know earlier I said i thought the beep issue was tied to Google voice, well I don't think that is exactly the case. I am still getting beeps when someone calls me directly to my magicjack number, not even calling my Google Voice number. I don't know if having my magicjack number linked to Google voice makes a difference, even though when someone calls, they aren't calling my Google voice number. Just a thought.

Anyways, I did basically what ramystyle did and I still get the occasional beep. I was testing this calling from my mobile phone to my magicjack number and pretty much sort of sing "lalalalalalala" at a certain pitch. I am able to hear beeps on mobile phone, but not on my magicjack, yet I see the numbers show up on the magicjack dial pad screen. One time I saw 4's, other times it is 8's or #'s. I think unchecking the Pin option might help but didn't completely fix the problem. I will reboot my Thin Client and try calling it again and test some more. There has to be an easy fix.
JoelIrwin
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this:

http://multimontreal.com/blog/2010/02/magicjack-beeping-fix

Not sure what the connection is but I unchecked that options. I'll see if it makes a difference for me.
Turakz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: RE: Magicjack Beeping Fix Reply with quote

JoelIrwin wrote:
Has anyone tried this:

http://multimontreal.com/blog/2010/02/magicjack-beeping-fix

Not sure what the connection is but I unchecked that options. I'll see if it makes a difference for me.

This 'fix' does work and this is basically how I've ended up using my MJ since the stupid company doesn't want to fix the problem. However, with this so called fix I am not able to dial any tones from my phone. So say I'm on a customer service call and they say "Press 1 for this, 2 for that" pressing the numbers doesn't work from my phone. I can only do it from my MJ softphone on the computer which is quite inconvenient.

So guys, its a trade off, would you rather have the people you call hear beeps or deal with the inconvenience of using the MJ softphone on the computer for dialing tones. In my case the first was unacceptable so I went with the second.

I must say this really isn't a fix. It's more of a workaround. Actually my whole beeping problem started exactly when MJ introduced the 'Pin not recognized' checkbox!!!!!
mjb65
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: no more beeping Reply with quote

After enduring the dreaded beeps for a year or so, they just might be gone for me. I had the MJ with the extension cable connected to a Dell laptop 2.0 ghz celeron 768 mb ram. I was getting the beeps and other quirky issues. I bought one of Alpmans TCs with 1ghz Via 256mb ram and no extension cable. It has been up and running for a week now and calls are crisp and clear with no beeps. This is true even when my bride talks to her girlfriends. I still have my fingers crossed. Just thought I would pass this info along.
Robert121571
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I tried as an experiment from talking to a friend was to set my Magicjack into 3G mode. I have a 20 Meg down connection so speed was never a problem. Don't know why but in 3G mode I don't have any audio problems that I had in the other mode. Must be the different audio codex.
Barbsplace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Beeping and disconnect on incoming calls... Reply with quote

When I receive long distance calls, after about 15 min., I hear a beep
(caller does not hear it) and then another beep in about 1 min., after which my call is disconnected. The caller must redial my number to finish a conversation. This has happened often in the last 2 months. Does anyone know why or what to do?? Thanks!
cscoley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Possible fix for the beeping... Reply with quote

I was jumping through a bunch of hoops with customer service and noticed that everything he was having me do was related to the settings of the handset. I clicked on the menu button and clicked "switch to telephone". I will let you know if it didn't work permanently.
cscoley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Robert121571"]One thing I tried as an experiment from talking to a friend was to set my Magicjack into 3G mode. I have a 20 Meg down connection so speed was never a problem. Don't know why but in 3G mode I don't have any audio problems that I had in the other mode. Must be the different audio codex.[/quote]

How do you switch it to 3G mode?
Thanks
cscoley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Update for beeping sound Reply with quote

So the "switching to telephone" didn't work. Here is a transcript of my tech call. I just got off so I don't know if it works or not. Also, uncheck PIN box in settings is supposed to help...
Diana: To better assist you, please give me a little while to review your chat/s, thank you.
Shelli: Sure. Take your time
Diana: you are running windows 7 and you are having bad audio right?
Shelli: Yes
Diana: Let us open ports in your Windows Firewall and add sites in your Internet Options. For you to have a Stable connection to our servers.
Shelli: And now I can't switch to telephone from headset
Diana: Please click the �START�(WINDOWS LOGO) button and select �Control Panel�. On the upper right side, click the dropdopwn menu next to View by and Select �Small Icons�.
Shelli: Window firewall is not active. It is run through norton
Shelli: Can I add the same sites to Norton?
Diana: Please double click �Windows Firewall�. (make sure it is On so that we can add the ports)... Then click Advanced settings in the left column of the Windows Firewall window.
Shelli: It will not let me turn it back on. I am unable to access the buttons that allow me to do that. I click on them and nothing happens
Diana: Please click �Turn Windows Firewall On or Off� and turn On the windows firewall
Shelli: I tried that. It will not let me click it. Nothing happens
Diana: Please click on the round button for the �ON (recommended). For both Home and public .. Then click �OK�.
Shelli: It will NOT let me. I can take a picture of the screen and send it to you if you would like
Diana: please try to go to the advanced settings
Shelli: Done
Diana: 1. Select Inbound Rules in the left column . >>> Select New Rule in the right column. >>> Then put the dot on the circle for Port, in the New Inbound Rule Wizard and then click Next.
Shelli: Done
Diana: 2. please click Protocol and ports, then put the dot on the circle for UDP >>>> then put the dot on the Specific local ports and type 5060 in the box next to it >>> the click the Next button...
Shelli: done
Diana: 3. Please select Allow the connection and then click Next. >>> Make sure the boxes for Domain, Private and Public are Checked then click Next. >>> Then type MJ1 as name and click Finish
Diana: After that, please do the same 1-3 steps, but name it as MJ2 and the port number is 5070�.
Diana: Please go back to control panel; then double click �Internet Options� A dialogue box named �Internet Properties� will pop up.
Diana: Please click on the �Security� tab and click �Trusted Sites� then click the �Sites�� button.
Shelli: okay
Diana: Before we add the sites, please Uncheck the BOX for Require Server Verification (on the bottom part of the site window)
Shelli: okay
Diana: In the box for �Add this Web site to the zone:�, please type https://reg.talk4free.com then click �Add� (it will be added in the Web sites: box)
Diana: Doing the same process, please type https://my.magicjack.com and click add then click OK or Close button
Diana: Now please select the �Privacy� tab and set the Slider to Low (This is only for now, you can set the setting back to medium later). Then �Apply � and OK
Diana: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade (applicable for both XP & Vista):
Diana: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
Diana: please have a test call and tell me if we have improvement or we have the same problem.
Shelli: I still can't switch to telephone
Diana: Please go back to the Control Panel and double click the �Sound� icon. A dialogue box named �Sound� will pop up. >>> Then tell me if you have �Handset USB Internet Phone by TigerJet�
Shelli: Yes. It is disabled
Diana: Please click on the �Handset USB Internet Phone by TigerJet� then click the �Properties� button. then check the Device usage dropdown and make sure it is on �Use this device (enable)�.
Diana: that click Apply and OK
Diana: Please click the MENU on your SoftPhone dial pad and choose �VOLUME/HEADSET CONTROL.� then tell me if you can switch between telephone or headset/other
Shelli: Yes!!!!
Shelli: Thank you!!!
Shelli: I will test it now!
Diana: you are most welcome
Diana: please tell me if we have improvement or we have the same problem.
Shelli: Okay. It may take a while as the beeps and weird musicy things don't happen right away or consistantly!
Diana: does the call get connected?
Shelli: YES!!!!
Shelli: Okay, can't get ahold of anyone who would hav etime to talk now. Is there a way that I can try it at my convenience and then if there is still a problem - not have to jump through all these hoops?
Diana: before you leave,,, To make sure you have the audio codecs that magicJack uses. Please do the following.
Diana: 1. Please go to http://www.divx.com/ and click Free Download
Diana: 2. After the download please click on the file and select Run >>> after initializing Check I Accept the terms and click the Accept button,>>> then Uncheck the Converter , Codec and Web Player, only the Player should be left with a check mark the click Next >>> you can uncheck Norton and click Next�
Diana: 3. After Downloading and installation, please click Finish. No need to enter your email address�
Diana: Note: If you are ask to associate it to MKV files please say Yes
Shelli: hold please
Diana: okay
Shelli: It did not ask me to associate it to MKV files. But if that is not an issue. It is done.
Diana: Please restart your magicjack using the SoftPhone/dial pad by clicking menu>>>advanced users>>>restart... it should help your audio now...

Don�t forget to reset your internet security when you are done. We�ll see if this works.
Robert121571
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cscoley wrote:
Robert121571 wrote:
One thing I tried as an experiment from talking to a friend was to set my Magicjack into 3G mode. I have a 20 Meg down connection so speed was never a problem. Don't know why but in 3G mode I don't have any audio problems that I had in the other mode. Must be the different audio codex.

Thanks

Top left corner of soft phone is two buttons one says normal high speed the other says air card 3g Even thou I'm on high speed I'm running in the air card 3g mode no beeps.
cscoley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Robert121571"][quote="cscoley"][quote="Robert121571"]One thing I tried as an experiment from talking to a friend was to set my Magicjack into 3G mode. I have a 20 Meg down connection so speed was never a problem. Don't know why but in 3G mode I don't have any audio problems that I had in the other mode. Must be the different audio codex.[/quote]

Thanks[/quote]

Top left corner of soft phone is two buttons one says normal high speed the other says air card 3g Even thou I'm on high speed I'm running in the air card 3g mode no beeps.[/quote]

Well thank you for that!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: