magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcc2z
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Update works, sort of... Reply with quote

CrappyJack wrote:
The problem is that despite running the update http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip , when i checked via Process Explorer, i found that the previous version was still running. You must make sure that the magicjack.exe in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\mjusbsp is file version 1.80.494.4. Once this is the case. restart magicjack and the beeps will be gone. This is confirmed on 3 machines.

You haven't been reading the forum obviously. Of course it works, for the first month. Then the beeps slowly start coming back. I could reinstall it once a month when the beeps start coming back, but it still don't fix the overall problem.

Several thousand "machines" are having the exact same problem, even have the 6-19 update with several different approaches. Therefore, I don't think the "3 machines" you talk of are anything special.
jcc2z
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Can someone tell me Reply with quote

Can someone tell me if this is the update they provided on 6-19 or is this a newer one??

http://www.magicjack.com/4/magicfix.asp

I just downloaded it and the file version says 1.80.4841.3386

I just didn't know if it was a new one or not.
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone tell me Reply with quote

jcc2z wrote:
Can someone tell me if this is the update they provided on 6-19 or is this a newer one??

http://www.magicjack.com/4/magicfix.asp

I just downloaded it and the file version says 1.80.4841.3386

I just didn't know if it was a new one or not.

the 6/19 file is 1.80.494.4 ... so, that is not the latest.

from a previous post in this thread, the 6/19 version is at: http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip

or here

http://upgrades.talk4free.com/upgrade/20090619000002/upgrade.exe
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAP......... For the first time since the 6/19 update 2 people said they heard ONE beep. CRAP............... I have to renew in 2 weeks, now I am not sure if I will do so since I have GV for all my outgoing calls...

I reinstalled the 6/19 update and still got the beep. So I haven't a clue what happened or changed ( NOTHING on my end).

My MJloader.exe version is 1.80.4944.3456

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JRoque
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I haven't read the entire thread but I believe you're reporting DMTF key tones during your conversations.

I believe Magic Jack uses Asterisk servers and voice cards to handle and route calls. There is a known issue with DTMF generation during calls and I get those too when I'm using my own Asterisk server. I have heard other Asterisk admins have corrected this by reducing the audio volume level and/or the sensitivity of DTMF detection in the channels. Some IP phone are also more prone than other to show this issue. This is not something you fix as a user but something for Magic Jack to correct at their end.

If I'm on the right track here, you have probably noticed the tones more prevalent when talking to people with higher voice tones (ie: female) or very loud or noisy background on the other side. They don't hear the tones but you do. True?

Regards,
JR
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope THEY hear the tones and we don't.. Odd in deed. MINE went away for over a month, not a single beep ( after the 6/19 update). As of yesterday the people to whom I am speaking hear them. Right now not as bad as before but they are there and getting worse. I have no idea why they have come back after being gone for over a month.
Very frustrating......

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jcc2z
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nope THEY hear the tones and we don't.. Odd in deed. MINE went away for over a month, not a single beep ( after the 6/19 update). As of yesterday the people to whom I am speaking hear them. Right now not as bad as before but they are there and getting worse. I have no idea why they have come back after being gone for over a month.
Very frustrating......

Joe Sica

Thanks for correcting me on the version details. Joe, if I was you, I would probably renew. But I don't know your situation, I use my magicjack for my main home phone now and its the number that everyone has. I would hate to get rid of it because I would think they would be coming out with a fix soon (god I hope).

The beeps are still there and it gets annoying, but it isn't like it used to be so hopefully it will get fixed sooner or later. I reported them to the BBB, maybe if they get enough reports they will fix the darn thing.

But yea, mine has done the same thing your is doing, the beeps slowly started coming back. I tried to contact customer service and they were like "Well we will need to trouble shoot that problem" and I said, no no you don't, I want to know if there is a new update or not. Finally after sitting there forever she said no that 6-19 is the latest as of now.

Who knows, maybe they will fix it. I want them to ATLEAST publicly acknowledge the problem.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I now have a Google Voice account I can do a work around. I have Naked DSL but with a twist. I can still receive calls on my landline ( no charge) but can not call out. Sooooooooooo I will forward my MJ to my landline and when I need to make a call I will log onto my GV account and call from there and have it also go to my landline. So yeah I will probably renew as like you a lot of people have my MJ#. At least with this work around I can avoid the beeps till I read on here they have finally been resolved. HOPEFULLY soon.

Joe Sica
JayB
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Info fom Chat Reply with quote

after 3 MJ chats on this, on #4 I got what appeared to be a more persistent and experienced support tech lady, so I've tried to condense the lengthy chat into the essentials for brevity:

ME: Resetting, formatting, deleting folder & upgrading has not solved the problem

MJ:
1. I want you to use a single line cordless telephone handset at the moment. Set it 6 feet away from MJ unit.
2. Please disconnect your telephone wire first from your magicJack device.
3. a. Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
b. Click the Advanced Tab
c. Under Performance, click Settings
d. Click the Advanced tab
e. Under Processor Scheduling, check the round button called Background Services, Apply, then OK out
4. Open task manager (control+alt+delete) and click the tab named Processes. Right click on magicJack.exe then set priority on HIGH.
5. I want you to turn off the Num Lock key of your keyboard.
6. Please download and run this Patch with your magicJack plugged in. It should eliminate most of the beeping sounds:
http://upgrades.talk4free.com/upgrade/20090619000002/upgrade.exe

I placed a 10 min test call after reconnecting my 2 line cordless phone and the beeping appears to be gone.
Time will tell-some add'l dialogue w/ support person consisted of suggesting MJ post fixes on blogs like this and that they watch the YouTube video, "United Breaks Guitars" to see what PR havoc an irate customer can inflict on an unconscious company.
I apologize for using so much blog real estate and I hope this is a valid fix and that it helps other MJ users.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ONLY thing out of all that worth it's salt is the upgrade. EVERYTHING else has been mentioned and done before by myself and MANY others ( just read through this thread, yes a lot to read)

That was the June 19th upgrade that remove the beeps for a lot of people, including myself, but not for all. As of 2 days ago the beeps started again for me. NOTHING was done on my end any different since the June 19th upgrade which removed the beeps for me. So SOMETHING on their end changed for me and for others...

Joe Sica
JayB
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Beeps Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Joe- is it a valid workaround then to run the fix patch every month 'til MJ gets it straight?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the work around is valid BUT reinstalling the 6/19 patch did NOT remove the beeps for me!! The first time I ran it in June it worked like a charm till 2 days ago. Re-applying it did not help... VERY VERY odd....
I havent a clue what the heck they ( MJ) did.
I always read this forum and I am sure some Brainiac will find a way to alieve the beeps once again.. Until then, my GV will be my work around.

Joe Sica
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU ALL - AND MJ SUPPORT STAFF Reply with quote

hey peeps,

I recently got Future-Nine phone service and my own ATA (PAP2T) and had the beeps too, until I found out what's causing it.

It's called DTMF talkoff Google it for a full explaination.

First, ... if the caller is hearing the beep tones, it's from the ATA at your house, or the Magicjack dongle, from Magicjacks side at their office. ... If YOU hear it, and the caller doesn't it's from the callers side ATA, or THE Magicjack side... so, the Magicjack people must set their Asterisk FreePBX settings too. The DTMF Tx Method: must be set to "In-Band" to filter out the voice tones that trigger the beeps.
Both Tx and Rx needs this setting for the office using Asterisk FreePBX.

Here's the link explaining it all. (if you're just using the MJ dongles, YOU can't do anything, it's all up to the MJ office to make the changes)

http://blogtech.oc9.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74%3Aas20071016&Itemid=8

So far it seems to have worked. By the way, www.Future-Nine.com is really great. Their service allows you to use ANY SIP device, and also an ATA with your SIP phone together, (they'll clone your account) so the both phones will ring and you won't have to stay by the ATA side phone all the time.

I'll still keep the Magicjack as backup for making calls, not using my free Future-Nine minutes, but the future-nine quality is just like a regular POTS line... all the time, no sputter, or break-up, or drop-calls. like MJ sometimes has ... very nice!

Very Happy

For those here too lazy to click the link to see the settings text at the site, here it is...

Asterisk - Intermittent beep with linksys SPA 3102, PAP2, DTMF sounds heard during conversation

We had users reporting hearing DTMF sounds during a conversation. We have solved the problem by switching DTMF mode to INBAND in the SPA 3102 config, in the PAP2 config and into Asterisk/FreePBX configuration.

1) In your SPA-3102 html interface, go to /admin/voice/advanced, Line 1 and PSTN Line and set DTMF Tx Method: INBAND in both places.

2) Since we have an asterisk extension mapped to the SPA-3102 Line1, we also went into FreePBX and set the dtmfmode to: "inband" for that extension. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)

3) We also have a SIP trunk in asterisk mapped to the SPA-3102 PSTN line. We went into FreePBX under "Trunks" and set the DTMF mode for that SIP trunk by adding "dtmfmode=inband" in both "Incoming Settings" and "Outgoing Settings" for that SIP trunk. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)

PAP2

For the PAP2 devices :

1) In your PAP2 html interface, go to /admin/advanced, Line 1 and Line 2 and set DTMF Tx Method: INBAND in both places. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)

2) For extensions mapped to the PAP2 Line 1 and Line 2, we went into FreePBX under "Extensions" and set the dtmfmode to: "inband" for those extensions. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)
vMAC
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU ALL - AND MJ SUPPORT STAFF Reply with quote

Dude you rock. I don't know if this fixed my problem but I absolutely hate clicking on links so the fact that you copy and pasted the solution gets you a thumb up in my book!!! Thanks
momo wrote:
hey peeps,

I recently got Future-Nine phone service and my own ATA (PAP2T) and had the beeps too, until I found out what's causing it.

It's called DTMF talkoff Google it for a full explaination.

First, ... if the caller is hearing the beep tones, it's from the ATA at your house, or the Magicjack dongle, from Magicjacks side at their office. ... If YOU hear it, and the caller doesn't it's from the callers side ATA, or THE Magicjack side... so, the Magicjack people must set their Asterisk FreePBX settings too. The DTMF Tx Method: must be set to "In-Band" to filter out the voice tones that trigger the beeps.
Both Tx and Rx needs this setting for the office using Asterisk FreePBX.

Here's the link explaining it all. (if you're just using the MJ dongles, YOU can't do anything, it's all up to the MJ office to make the changes)

http://blogtech.oc9.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74%3Aas20071016&Itemid=8

So far it seems to have worked. By the way, www.Future-Nine.com is really great. Their service allows you to use ANY SIP device, and also an ATA with your SIP phone together, (they'll clone your account) so the both phones will ring and you won't have to stay by the ATA side phone all the time.

I'll still keep the Magicjack as backup for making calls, not using my free Future-Nine minutes, but the future-nine quality is just like a regular POTS line... all the time, no sputter, or break-up, or drop-calls. like MJ sometimes has ... very nice!

Very Happy

For those here too lazy to click the link to see the settings text at the site, here it is...

Asterisk - Intermittent beep with linksys SPA 3102, PAP2, DTMF sounds heard during conversation

We had users reporting hearing DTMF sounds during a conversation. We have solved the problem by switching DTMF mode to INBAND in the SPA 3102 config, in the PAP2 config and into Asterisk/FreePBX configuration.

1) In your SPA-3102 html interface, go to /admin/voice/advanced, Line 1 and PSTN Line and set DTMF Tx Method: INBAND in both places.

2) Since we have an asterisk extension mapped to the SPA-3102 Line1, we also went into FreePBX and set the dtmfmode to: "inband" for that extension. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)

3) We also have a SIP trunk in asterisk mapped to the SPA-3102 PSTN line. We went into FreePBX under "Trunks" and set the DTMF mode for that SIP trunk by adding "dtmfmode=inband" in both "Incoming Settings" and "Outgoing Settings" for that SIP trunk. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)

PAP2

For the PAP2 devices :

1) In your PAP2 html interface, go to /admin/advanced, Line 1 and Line 2 and set DTMF Tx Method: INBAND in both places. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)

2) For extensions mapped to the PAP2 Line 1 and Line 2, we went into FreePBX under "Extensions" and set the dtmfmode to: "inband" for those extensions. (was previously set to SIP-INFO)
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: THANKS... for the thumbs up ... :-) Reply with quote

Yes it does work ... thing is, it also seems to stop the touch tones from being recognized by my voice mail on the service... Rolling Eyes

I'm trying DTMF Tx Method: AVT ... and DTMF Tx Mode: Strict
and the touch tone keys are recognized now by my voicemail...
I have to see if the Beeps are not heard with this setting.

I also adjusted the FXS Port Input Gain: -6
and the .............FXS Port Output Gain: -8

In the Regional TAB

To try to stop any Echo to the keys being pressed if the volume is too loud

I'm wondering if the In-Band setting didn't work for voicemail passwords being entered, because the Asterisk setting didn't match on the Future-Nine.com service.. but.. we'll see if at least the AVT setting works until I can hear from Customer Service, to see what they suggest.

The other setting, as said before, did work to eliminate the beeps, but I still need to send DTMF for banking and voicemail,... etc ... unless settings have to match for the ATA and phone service companies Asterisk... who knows.

EDIT...

OH well... not as many beeps, in fact, just one during the entire conversation, (around 15 minutes) but still there. Confused

It's possible both sides have to be set the same way...
the other caller was on Vonage, and I've sometimes heard a beep while on a regular POTS line, and the other Vonage party in the past,
so, Monday will be when Customer Service at Future-Nine comes back ... !

We shall see... It did, however, make less often beeps... than the INFO settings Rolling Eyes or the AUTO

maybe another setting needs adjusting... for the payload.

I'm going to find out, I can't have beeps, it'll disconnect the FAX during sending/receiving too, I guess.
svguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: New update? Reply with quote

When I fired up my laptop this morning and MJ got the "Lucky You...upgrade...".

I have been one of the lucky ones after the 6/19 fix...the beeps went away. Now I'm a bit afraid when they do more....but my guess is they are really trying to solve this for all.

Cheers!
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New update? Reply with quote

svguy wrote:
When I fired up my laptop this morning and MJ got the "Lucky You...upgrade...".

I have been one of the lucky ones after the 6/19 fix...the beeps went away. Now I'm a bit afraid when they do more....but my guess is they are really trying to solve this for all.

Cheers!

My new VoIP service cloaned my account so I can have my DPH-541 SIP phone ring/answer/dial the service along with the phone on the ATA so I was able to test the system outside of the ATA setting (direct thru the Router - Linksys WRT54G v8 latest firmware) and NO beeps happened. (15 min call)

Thru the ATA phone, ... beeps, depending on what settings I had, (shown earlier in this thread) .... so.. I'm thinking it's just an ATA issue, and not the service...!

Here's another thought ...

if the beeps are being heard on my new service, using the ATA, as well as hearing them on Vonage, at one time, and all of you are having it happen on the Magicjack system , sometimes ... .. . could it be the ATA's being used on the magicjack side, at their servers?

When I change the settings on my ATA, or just use the SIP phone, No beeps, ... so, maybe it's not MagicJacks fault, but rather the ATA's their using to connect to the Land Line phones, if that's how it works, I don't really know their system.

I read another review about all the Linksys ATA's , even the ones with routers built-in, said it's a Firmware, or, Hardware BUG in Linksys ATA's, and up to Linksys to fix it.

Lots of people on the Linksys Forums talking about the same thing, ... so the latest firmware for the PAP2T didn't seem to work, at least with the default settings. .. but some people said it worked for other ATA's with routers built-in.

Maybe MagicJack should talk to their ATA manufacturer Very Happy

as should I, to Linksys.

EDIT - paranoid thought Very Happy

If all these beeps are new, and the ATA's never did it before, including the Magicjack service ...

Could the ISP's be doing something to the data streams, because we didn't take their Internet service WITH their OWN phone service too? Shocked Laughing a bit of "sour grapes" on their side. Smile
momo
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: The UnOfficial PAP2T Beepless Settings, so far, anyway ! :-) Reply with quote

Regional TAB, (advanced admin view)

FXS Port Input Gain: -6 .... FXS Port Output Gain: -8

The above will give comfortable audio without echo on either side.

also, make sure your DTMF Playback Level: is -16 (default setting)
so the Tones won't be too loud going out, when you use your keyPad.

Line1 and Line2 (advanced admin view)

DTMF Tx Method: AVT .... DTMF Tx Mode: Strict

The Line1/2 setting above will let voicemail and banking by phone login,
and also seems to stop the beeps being sent by the DTMF Talk-Off effect... for the most part anyway.

I have to wait to see over JUST future-nine to dedicated land line, or F9 to F9 calls, ... it's been mostly future-nine to vonage, so vonage could be inducing beeps too, but so far it's been quite good with only one beep in about an hour... and that was with the other side (vonage) on a speakerPhone.

All the above setting are meant for the PAP2T, but may also translate to other ATA devices. If you change your settings, make a note of what they are first so you can know what to put back if something nasty happens with your adjustments.

I have to continue to test this, but so far all is quiet in beeping land. Smile
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the latest upgrade the other day and the beeps are back again. I talked with my mom for 16 minutes and heard 7 beeps. I never had single problem with this until the recent updates. I've run the latest upgrades and still no luck. I'm happy with my MJ but if this is going to be norm from now on it may be time to move on soon.
willietech
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Quick Test Beep Problem Reply with quote

Use the MJ 411 test. After the advertisement when she says " main menu , choose residential, business , government, etc " I ALWAYS GET TWO TTONES AND IT IS VERY REPEATABLE.... FYI. I have tried the patches, changing the process priority , turning off the text services and changing the speaker and mic. levels, it just wont go away for me ! Mad
jcc2z
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: An update.... Reply with quote

I did the latest update, beeps are still there.

They have not even bothered to answer the BBB complaint that I had filed, along with others.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Test Beep Problem Reply with quote

willietech wrote:
Use the MJ 411 test. After the advertisement when she says " main menu , choose residential, business , government, etc " I ALWAYS GET TWO TTONES AND IT IS VERY REPEATABLE.... FYI. I have tried the patches, changing the process priority , turning off the text services and changing the speaker and mic. levels, it just wont go away for me ! Mad
I always seem to get the beeps on using MJ's 411 as well. Until this excessive beep problem fixes itself the best solution for my wife and I is to forward MJ# to our GV# then have GV ring both of our cell phones at the same time. With the ability to transfer phones using GV if I pickup a phone call intended for her all I have to do is hit the star button on my phone and ring her cell until she picks up or just take a message like the old days. This may be my new setup with MJ without having to leave the computer on all the time. I'll just have to disable the call forwarding when either of our parents visit so they can pick up a phone like normal. I'm not to worried about the beeps when my mother-in-law is in town anyway.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: An update.... Reply with quote

jcc2z wrote:

I find this hard to believe, but the 8/1/09 (v1.80.499.2) update has pretty much eliminated the beeps for us. I also turned off the advanced text services and since the update, the beeping has been virtually non-existent.

Of course, magicJack fixes this (at least for me) as soon as I order the netTALK tk6000 device....figures.

magicJack is still a bit flaky in other ways, but I am happy to report they may finally have a handle on the beeping problem!
chasmanz28
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: An update.... Reply with quote

newtoncd wrote:
jcc2z wrote:

I find this hard to believe, but the 8/1/09 (v1.80.499.2) update has pretty much eliminated the beeps for us. I also turned off the advanced text services and since the update, the beeping has been virtually non-existent.

!
where do you look to see what version you have? No matter what i do i still hear beeps, what i cant understand in MJ has to know of these bugs and why there not fixed yet is beyond me.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: An update.... Reply with quote

chasmanz28 wrote:
newtoncd wrote:
jcc2z wrote:

!
where do you look to see what version you have? No matter what i do i still hear beeps, what i cant understand in MJ has to know of these bugs and why there not fixed yet is beyond me.

I use the stroth's utilities from this site to verifiy the version and also use it to check for updates.
GuyOnTheAir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: An update.... Reply with quote

[quote="newtoncd"]
jcc2z wrote:
I also turned off the advanced text services and since the update, the beeping has been virtually non-existent.

What do you mean by this? What advanced text services are there, and where can you turn them off?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: An update.... Reply with quote

[quote="GuyOnTheAir"]
newtoncd wrote:
jcc2z wrote:
I also turned off the advanced text services and since the update, the beeping has been virtually non-existent.

What do you mean by this? What advanced text services are there, and where can you turn them off?

It is mentioned earlier in this thread ... I don't know if it had anything to do with the beeping, but it was worth a shot to turn it off.

How To Turn Off Advanced Text Services

1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click the Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options link, and then click the Regional and Language Options icon.
If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click the Regional and Language Options control panel.
3. Click the Languages tab. Click Details.
4. Click the Advanced tab. Check Turn off advanced text services.
5. Click OK. Click OK.
6. Close the control panel.
English_Jean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: An update.... Reply with quote

[quote="newtoncd"]

I find this hard to believe, but the 8/1/09 (v1.80.499.2) update has pretty much eliminated the beeps for us.

I'm told the beeps have gone this past week when I call out too.
MJ Problem Solver
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Beeping Problem Reply with quote

For whatever the reason...you will not have this beeping problem if you use a G.E. cordless phone.

I have tried Radio Shack, Sony, Uniden and Panasonic over the past 1 1/2 years since having my Magic Jack.
1oldman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: New update? Reply with quote

I had a problem after a power outage, mj was not recognized and of course would not start. I found the upgrade and installed it after formatting the mj device. I now have --never mind, my mistake. I have not had any beeping problems so I guess this is just FYI.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update to my last post on here the beeps have been gone for over a week now. If MJ can keep things just the way they are now for me then this would be great.
Dinos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Beeping Gone Reply with quote

Since the last Magicjack update I have had no more beeping problems, I use my MJ alot and it was getting so bad I had to stop using it for awhile. I had tried several diffent phones corded and cordless and still had the beeping problem until the last update, I just HOPE it stays this way!

I now wish they would implement the number porting option.

Dinos
ksbeta
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: have latest update and still beeping Reply with quote

I am new to this post but have read most of it from June thru Aug.
I have tried everything too.
I personally don't hear the beeps (at least not very often), but my wife does. so that theory is valid I think.
Not perfect, but works for me, just not the wife.
forcedfx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine still beeps like CRAZY! Mainly when I'm talking to my girlfriend and she says certain words. It sounds like she is mashing her keypad. It's unusable and I'm pretty upset. Since I'm past the 1 month mark I'm thinking of disputing the credit card charge.

I can talk to my male friends just fine but females trigger it like crazy.
KMNugent52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forcedfx, Try going to my.magicjack.com, sign in, bypass the advertisement, click on my.magicjack at the bottom of the page. There's a setting you can set there that has to do with adjusting phone tones. It's worth a shot. -Kevin N
forcedfx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMNugent52 wrote:
forcedfx, Try going to my.magicjack.com, sign in, bypass the advertisement, click on my.magicjack at the bottom of the page. There's a setting you can set there that has to do with adjusting phone tones. It's worth a shot. -Kevin N

There was a setting for if the phone does not recognize banking logins. I checked that box and restarted magic jack. I'll see what happens when I talk to my g/f tonight.
fulcrum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted that the beeping doesn't occur with GE phones. Can anyone verify this?

Cheers!

Fulcrum
forcedfx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, because of so much work to do I never talked to my g/f on the phone but she did talk to her Mother and neither one complained about beeping so here's to hoping
Brenbro2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My phone is a GE model 29382 (speaker phone w/caller ID) and althought I have followed this thread, I have never experienced a "beep" problem. Don't know if it's because of the phone or that I've just been lucky. Laughing
Dinos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: GE Phones Reply with quote

I have have been using GE phones for about 6 months and they beeped alot before the problem was solved with the 8-1-09 update. I have not had any beeps since that last update, and I use my MJ alot.

Thanks!
Dinos
forcedfx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you with the 8/1/09 update can you tell me what version of magicjack.exe you have?

I have version 1.80.499.2
Dinos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running version 1.80.499.2 with no beeping problems at all. I tried all the differnt settings that the MJ Tech support told me to change but nothing work until this version. One thing I have found on my sisters PC after the update she still had some beeping problems, I found that since she had 3 diffent profiles on her PC, I had to login to each profile and run the MJ update to bring all the accounts up to the 1.80.499.2 version.

Dino!
shiny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have GE DECT phones and the newest MJ "lucky you" upgrade fixed my beeping problem. However, then when I tried to enter numbers on the phone during a call, such as when dealing with automated systems or checking voice mail, the numbers did not go through. I toggled the "banking logins" option on my.magicjack.com and it fixed the problem with not being able to enter numbers but made the beeping problem return. I can't win. Ughhhhh......
datsuny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Beeping Reply with quote

I have the same problem, beeping on the other end. People on the other end complain. I post updates to no avial. Also, I can hear the other people but they cannot hear and understand what I am saying.

Then, sometimes, all works well. Crying or Very sad I am so disappointed with MJ. I HAD great hopes for it.
forcedfx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp I have the latest version and went to the website to try that setting but it still beeps like crazy
datsuny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: HOW DO I LOCATE VERSION NUMBER Reply with quote

Where is the version number stored?
Dinos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"User Name"\Application Data\mjusbsp

Place your cursor over the MagicJack.Exe File and select properties and then select version.

If you have more than 1 profile be sure to check all the accounts.

Dinos!
datsuny
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: VERSION Reply with quote

THANKS TO DINP
mjuser2010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have problems with seemingly random beeping heard by both parties when calling my mother with my MJ. However, this number is the only one I have beeping trouble with. I've spoken on my MJ for up to 2 hours to a different number and no beeps at all. I'm not sure what I can do to stop the beeping.
svguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: The Beeping is back... Reply with quote

I had the real bad beeping a few months ago, then it FINALLY went away with an upgrade. Then I started having poor reception on the other end (I could here fine....people on the other end complained of the call breaking up).

So that clears up and now the beeping is back and yes I have the latest update. I cannot get this thing to work for more than a week with SOME major issue.

And to top it off....blocking certain conference call numbers is a real kicker. My one year is up in November and I will NOT be renewing. Guess I'll go back to Vonage since that is at least reliable. Sure was hoping this could be the real thing, but nope....too good to be true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: