magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obsolete: outbound Caller ID blocking and spoofing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidRGallagher
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: caller id Reply with quote

Browse to "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc\" right click on HOSTS (this is a file with no extension) click properties and make sure "read only" is not checked. Right click on HOSTS again and choose open. Selected Notepad when prompted for the program to open with. Edit file as needed and save. Make sure it's saved as HOSTS and not HOSTS.TXT.

*note*
Replace "Windows" with your current windows directory.

-DG

voipjunk wrote:
To use:
[list=1][*]Edit your hosts file, and add the line:
Code:
127.0.0.1   proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com

How can I edit hosts file?
voipjunk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DavidRGallagher
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're starting to get off topic here:-D...mabey not....just my thought....
chat @ magicchat.x10hosting.com or channel #magicjack server irc.freenode.net

Peace for now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: MH's app with ATA - enable Vertical Service Activation C Reply with quote

DavidRGallagher wrote:
I have a question about enabling Vertical Service Activation Codes using a SPA-2102 and MagicHack's App. I've tried to just enable *82 and *67 via the web interface of the ATA and when I dial with either prefix it will give me a busy signal. Any calls without the prefix work no problem. I'd like to be able block my number via MH's app and unblock it per call or vice versa.
Per-call blocking: set Block CID Per Call Act Code to *67. Either your Dial Plan must *not* match *67 (in which case you will hear another dial tone immediately after dialing *67), or you must wait ~4 seconds for another dial tone before proceeding to dial the destination number.

Per-call unblocking: set Block CID Per Call Deact Code to *82. Above note regarding dial plan applies. Turn on blocking by default, by setting Block CID Setting to yes on the User page for the appropriate line. Do not check Block CallerID in the spoofer.

If anyone knows a good test number for this, please let me know. Most "CID" test numbers, e.g. 712-580-9999 will speak your ANI, either always or in the case your CID is blocked.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: CID test number Reply with quote

800-444-4444 always works for me. Courtesy of our friends at MCI
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CID test number Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:
But it does not work for the purpose of testing CID blocking, both because you cannot block on toll-free calls, and because it announces your ANI anyhow.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: CID test number Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
crackerjack wrote:
But it does not work for the purpose of testing CID blocking, both because you cannot block on toll-free calls, and because it announces your ANI anyhow.

Righto, Stewart. It does, however, confirm whatever caller-id I have chosen to transmit and that is my primary use for it.

Hope you can find something more suitable to your needs...
jeffnyc
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to use cfwd with my pap2t to have my line 1 (currently Voicestick port 5061) ring on my phone (5060) attached to line 2. The reason I am posting here is because I can't get it to work and I'm wondering if I have to use an address related to my changes in the spoofing utility.

Also, I am not sure what I should use for line 2 user id. Do I use my mj userid (i.e. E703XXXXXXX01) or is it a different userid used specifically by the adapter.

I tried to put this in the cfwd of line 1 (VS 5061), [email protected]:5060 Where xxxx is the last 4 numbers of my mj number and 192,168.1.101 is the ip of my pc running the cid utility. I called my line 1 VS number from my line 2 mj number so I was expecting it to go to voicemail since I was on that phone. Instead the call went to some unknown party. A person actually picked up As soon as I remove it my calls work fine.

Update: I also tried putting regular phone numbers in the cfwd field that didnt work either - went to different parties - even when I fwd to my cell phone so it does not appear to be specific to mj

Also note that when the cfwd field is populated and I call from my cell phone the call does not go through at all. As soon as I remove it it works fine.

This is the thread I am trying to follow advice from though it relates to the SPA and not the pap2t

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19337977-SPA2100-2-phone-numbers-one-phone

Thanks for help in advance Very Happy

Last edited by jeffnyc on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
gnowk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: setting caller ID name for incoming calls Reply with quote

MagicHack,

Is it possible for the spoofer to read the contact list off of the magicJack client and set the caller ID name for incoming calls?

Also, is the source for the spoofer available?

Thanks.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here get the spoofing to work with a dd-wrt router? I don't want my computer running 24/7 but I still want number spoofing. I have a WRT54G router (well should arrive this week) so I will have dd-wrt on it. If anyone can get the number spoffing to work off the router please share.

Happy Holidays
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Poo619
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that emotion. The spoof tool is amazing but unfortunately not practical for my current setup. if it were functioning on a router level I would drop 50 bones on a DD-WRT supported router Smile.
msanders5
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck connecting with the spoof and proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com.

It had been working, but this morning, I just get the "Please connect to the internet error".
I changed the proxy location in the hosts to another location (dallas), and I could call out, but my called ID number wasn't spoofed.

Any idea's? Is nashville the only proxy that works with the spoof, or do we think MagicJack has finally caught on and locked it down?

Grimace
MagicHack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msanders5 wrote:
Has anyone had any luck connecting with the spoof and proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com.

It had been working, but this morning, I just get the "Please connect to the internet error".
I changed the proxy location in the hosts to another location (dallas), and I could call out, but my called ID number wasn't spoofed.

Any idea's? Is nashville the only proxy that works with the spoof, or do we think MagicJack has finally caught on and locked it down?

Grimace

By changing the hosts file to dallas, you simply bypassed the callerid spoofer altogether, thus the number was not spoofed. The value in the hosts file needs to be the proxy your MJ is trying to connect to. The idea being, we are tricking the MJ to talk to the local machine (to add the spoofing), which in turns talks to the proxy server. The change you made, simply made your magicJack function as normal.

Spoofing via the nashville proxy works fine for me.

Find the proxy your MJ is trying to talk to (this is probably nashville). Put that value into your hosts file (pointed to 127.0.0.1), and restart both the magicJack and the spoofer.

If you want to use a different proxy for spoofing, you should be changing the value in the spoofing script, not the hosts file.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how have people's experience been with anonymous callers being revealed... it doesnt work for me
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using this with ata.... sometimes when i my router gets power cycled the ip addresses get switched around (i.e. first pc 192.168.1.100 and my ata 101 then after power cycle it switches)

is there anyway to prevent it from switching the ip addresses?
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set your ATA so it gets the same IP every time from the router. Thats all i can think of....
-Kumar
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
Set your ATA so it gets the same IP every time from the router. Thats all i can think of....
-Kumar

I have a pap2t. Under system there is a setting for dhcp. Do I just set that to no and put 192.169.1.101 in the static ip field? Will that do it?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
kumar wrote:
-Kumar

I have a pap2t. Under system there is a setting for dhcp. Do I just set that to no and put 192.169.1.101 in the static ip field? Will that do it?

yeah... usually you assign static ip address to the device's mac address so your ip won't change... then you can do port forwarding or not worry about having to update whatever program you use to the current ip...

----------------

does anyone know if the latest version of the magicjack software checks the hosts file for the proxy address?...

without the entry in the hosts file, mj runs fine... i add it, and i get that internet error a min or two later... i take it out of the hosts file... says ready to call a min or two later.... i think its constantly checking... is there a way to block it from checking or what else can one do?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say thanks to Stewart and MagicHack on my last post... thanks for all the hard work.

Well this is what I did to get around it...
-Start magicJack
-Start the spoofer (actually, it can be running before).
-Add the entry to the hosts file AFTER magicJack is up, place the call, then delete the entry once it connects

Maybe this functionality can just be added onto the spoofer app?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those using magicJack with an ATA and the spoofing, i'm assuming it always works as the software of the phone isn't running? Can someone confirm?

if so, i hope to get it working on an ATA (depending if i can get my sip info).... i have grandcentral and it would be sweet if my outbound calls showed my gc caller id
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had spoofer working with ata. Now that ata no longer works Im trying to make the spoofer work with the actual mj. I made the entry to the hosts file, restarted - but it does not alter the caller id???
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
I had spoofer working with ata. Now that ata no longer works Im trying to make the spoofer work with the actual mj. I made the entry to the hosts file, restarted - but it does not alter the caller id???
Spoofer still working here, testing by calling 712-580-9999. It's possible that some routes go via another carrier that does not honor the spoof. If 712-580-9999 does not show spoof, confirm that spoofer is in the path, by shutting it down and verifying that MJ cannot register. If MJ still does register, see (e.g. with Wireshark) what proxy name and IP it's using.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
...Im trying to make the spoofer work with the actual mj. I made the entry to the hosts file, restarted - but it does not alter the caller id???

1) Make sure you saved the hosts file correctly (a lot of people sometimes save it as a text file) - it doesn't have any extension at all. Recommend marking it as read-only. Are you inputting the correct entry into the hosts file?

2) Are you starting MJ first than the spoofer (this is the only way it works for me)

3) Are you putting the number you want sent into both the mj number & callid spoofed number?
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart wrote:
jeffnyc wrote:
Spoofer still working here, testing by calling 712-580-9999. It's possible that some routes go via another carrier that does not honor the spoof. If 712-580-9999 does not show spoof, confirm that spoofer is in the path, by shutting it down and verifying that MJ cannot register. If MJ still does register, see (e.g. with Wireshark) what proxy name and IP it's using.

I ran wireshark though I am not that familiar with it I saw it using Newark, AKAIK it was using Nashville.

So my Hosts now has

Code:
127.0.0.1   localhost
127.0.0.1   proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com
127.0.0.1   proxy1.newark.talk4free.com

I restarted MJ without the spoof utility running and MJ still works. Is there something I need to do to force a reload of the hosts file, do I need to restart the pc?
SpamBox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try going to "Start" button
go to "Run"
type in "cmd" (should open a command prompt window)
type in "ipconfig /flushdns"
press enter

type in "exit" close command prompt window.

see if that works...
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, update: i tried pinging the talk4free servers and it correctly responded from 127.0.0.1 so i know the hosts file is working, i then tried again and it is working Smile

the only strange thing is that magicjack does seem to work when the utility is shutdown
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i have it working on my laptop but not my desktop...

on my laptop:
1. added 127.0.0.1 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com to hosts file
2. ran spoofer and set my gc number for both fields, applied changes
3. connected mj to usb port
Works perfectly.

on my desktop i did the same thing, but i get "Please connect to the Internet, and double click here [error 5]"
i thought maybe my webserver for some weird reason was interfering so i shut that off, but same thing

the only thing i can think of that's different is that my laptop is xp 32bit, and the desktop xp 64bit
although mj runs fine on either one. and pinging proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com does resolve to 127.0.0.1

is it something to do with the spoofer program running on a 64bit system?
SpamBox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try connecting MJ first, making sure it connects before running spoofer.
If it connects then run spoofer.
snowigloo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ran the spoofer since it came out and its worked fine up until today.I notice when the ad in the magicjack soft phone changes it goes to error 3 or 5. if I take the Nashville address out of the host file it works. when I put it back the spoofer works until the ad changes again. Any help please?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpamBox wrote:
Try connecting MJ first, making sure it connects before running spoofer.
If it connects then run spoofer.

(On my xp 64bit), the only way mJ starts is if there is no entry in the hosts file. I can then add it and run the spoofer and even make a call with the caller ID spoofed, but after the call ends, or (if i don't make a call) after a minute or two, i get the internet error.

It's strange cuz it works on my laptop but not the desktop and i'm doing the same exact thing. Was wondering if anybody with a 64bit system is able to get it working?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

It doesn't work. I never got it working on my desktop, so I tried it on my laptop yesterday. I connected the mJ, it updated something, and the spoofer was working. Tried the desktop, not working. Tried laptop again, and it gives the same internet error soon after adding the entry in the hosts file. I guess it was just a fluke for the one time it worked on the laptop... maybe when it was updating it forgot to check for something, i dunno.

I am the only one who gets the internet error?
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to run the spoofer, double click on the "Connect To Internet" on the softphone, enter my email and password at the registration screen and hit next. It then looks for connection again and works.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candlebox1369 wrote:
UPDATE: I am the only one who gets the internet error?

Are you running a different software firewall on your desktop? Maybe it's blocking the spoofer from accessing the internet?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the windows firewall enabled, but i see the spoofer as one of the exceptions.
i also have a linksys wrt54gs router, but i don't think we need to open up any ports, or am I wrong?

well thanks for the help. i'm going to give it one more shot, but after the holidays.

happy new years everyone... Very Happy
SpamBox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candlebox1369 wrote:
i have the windows firewall enabled, but i see the spoofer as one of the exceptions.
i also have a linksys wrt54gs router, but i don't think we need to open up any ports, or am I wrong?

Ok trash the xp firewall and get a better one. Recommend Kerio or Comodo, but there are other good ones too.

Not sure but might want to check into getting dd-wrt for your router.
I have the wrt54g, running dd-wrt, and love it! I can enable QOS, which comes in handy for me as I'm usually downloading torrents. I'm able to prioritize SIP traffic while lowering the priority on the bittorrents. I did have to do further tweaking on my torrents though as it was just eating up my connections. Had to reduce the number of connections and also the number of torrents running at the same time. Once I did that, and set the QOS priorities - I rarely have problems with voice quality.

Want to be sure UDF port 5060 or 5061 are open. Can't remember off the top of my head which or if it's both.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpamBox wrote:
candlebox1369 wrote:

Ok trash the xp firewall and get a better one. Recommend Kerio or Comodo, but there are other good ones too.

I have the wrt54g, running dd-wrt, and love it! I can enable QOS, which comes in handy for me as I'm usually downloading torrents. I'm able to prioritize SIP traffic while lowering the priority on the bittorrents. I did have to do further tweaking on my torrents though as it was just eating up my connections. Had to reduce the number of connections and also the number of torrents running at the same time. Once I did that, and set the QOS priorities - I rarely have problems with voice quality.

Want to be sure UDF port 5060 or 5061 are open. Can't remember off the top of my head which or if it's both.

I have a WRT54G. What is dd-wrt? How do I prioritize SIP?
MagicHack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
SpamBox wrote:
candlebox1369 wrote:

I have a WRT54G. What is dd-wrt? How do I prioritize SIP?

dd-wrt is a firmware you could run on your router...
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it worth it to mess with it or should I just use the Linksys firmware? Are there are lot more QOS options?
kconaty
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomato firmware is a bit easier to use for the novice and gives you everything that you will need, better than Linksys firmware.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kconaty wrote:
Tomato firmware is a bit easier to use for the novice and gives you everything that you will need, better than Linksys firmware.

That might be true. When I first updated my router there weren't as many choices. dd-wrt I think is pretty easy - but I'm also comfortable around computers. Of course you could always try tomato and if you don't like it try something different. The linksys firmware leaves a lot to be desired, as especially once you see just how much these routers are really capable of!
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a WRT54G 2 weeks back and was wondering what to install....It's a version 8 so i don't think DD-WRT's final for it is out yet...
Kumar
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried Tomato it hangs on renewing ip address Sad Might have to roll back...
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just use dd-wrt. it's loads better than the stock firmware. been running it for a few years now. i can even set up the vpn on it, yet i still can't get the spoofer to work (well more than one call at a time before getting the internet error) - haha. oh well. my sister has another jack... i think i'll try it on hers... maybe it's just my jack...

oh yeah... they'll be releasing v24 anytime soon which is compatible with a lot of routers, and will allow multiple SSIDs among other things. but you can use v23 SP2 for now.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should i just use the standard? it looks like they have voip version? what is that?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the feature comparison. DD-WRT Versions
standard has the most features, but voip has SIPatH, which is a SIP proxy.

i thought this dd-wrt called for a new discussion, but but maybe not... since maybe you can put the spoofer info there and not need the PC (assuming you use an ATA)? Very Happy
well personally i haven't tried it, because i've used the vpn version which doesn't have that feature. but if i can get the spoofing to work, and manage to get my pw to use an ata, i just might switch... besides i don't really need vpn, ultravnc is all i really need.

just make sure your router is compatible so you don't brick it Smile Look at the Supported Devices and if you have a linksys wrt54g/s/l you can also look at the WRT54G by Wikipedia.

Even if one's router only supports the micro, I'd still install it. But if it supports standard, at least use that as it has the most features, if not go for the voip and let us know what you can do with it and magicjack.

I wish dd-wrt released a full feature router version combining all the versions (voip, vpn, etc)... my wrt54gs has 8mb flash... it can take just about anything Smile and 32mb ram... the older versions were so much better than the crappy vxworks linksys puts out.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree this is getting off-topic, but is a great topic!

I use the standard version and have for several years.
i think it was only a few months ago I upgraded to SP3.
I thought about checking into the voip version but don't think that's needed with MJ device.

If running Asterisk or maybe an ATA - might be useful.
When i had vonage - i still used the standard version, and just gave the ATA's Ip top priority.

Even the micro version is better than the oem firmware.

Also just checked out a couple of other 3rd party firmware sites.
For me the only other option I might consider is x-wrt.
I looked at tomato - it just doesn't have everything i personally want to be able to do (that I could tell from reading & screenshots).
But I haven't had any problems with dd-wrt, and the new version is coming out. Even when it comes out, not sure if going to upgrade as SP3 works just fine, so why mess with it. But we'll see...

There's a ton of info now out on dd-wrt to the point it's overwhelming. I would just say try it out, you can always go back to the original firmware (as long as you don't brick your router - just be sure you know what version of your router you have!) Back when I first did mine dd-wrt only supported my router and only the first versions of my router. Now it's amazing how many routers are supported!
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to continue the router discussion since it is off topic, I created a new thread. Please visit as I am a newbie when it comes to router configuration and any help would be appreciated Smile

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/router-tips-t227.html
SpamBox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpamBox wrote:
candlebox1369 wrote:
i have the windows firewall enabled

Ok trash the xp firewall and get a better one. Recommend Kerio or Comodo, but there are other good ones too

Ok so did a little research and find this:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php#firewalls-ratings
Which recommends a firewall called, Online Armor Personal Firewall 2.
I'm going to try it out as Comodo & MJ just don't seem to play nicely together.
Comodo won't learn that I want MagicJack to be able to connect without my having to approve it everytime!

So far Online Armor seems to be working pretty good.
Gonna have to wait until tomorrow when I get to work. Then I can really put it though it's paces, as I try to get past it from the outside.
snowigloo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MJ doesnt work with the 127.0.0.1 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com in my host file i get error 3 but when i take it out it works fine. Its been working good until today. Any help please?
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowigloo wrote:
My MJ doesnt work with the 127.0.0.1 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com in my host file i get error 3 but when i take it out it works fine. Its been working good until today. Any help please?

I've tried the original directions: edit hosts, start proxy & apply settings, then plug in magicjack. I've tried other suggestions: connect mj first, edit hosts, run spoofer (with or without running ipconfig /flushdns aftering editing the hosts). but i still get the internet error. i've also tried clicking on the click here message and entering my registration info, but that doesn't work either.

the only way i kinda get it to work (enought time for one call) is editing the hosts file after mj connects and running the spoofer and then making the call. and upon terminating the call, the mj gives the internet error.

the only time i got it to work was once: i followed the original directions, and it was only when i plugged it into my laptop for the very first time (after thinking that maybe it was xp 64bit desktop was the problem). i was thrilled!!! it worked. but i got happy too soon. ehh

what i want more than getting th spoofer working is getting the ata working... cuz then the software won't do its checking and it should work with no problems....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: