magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obsolete: outbound Caller ID blocking and spoofing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowigloo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok its working now. What i did was open my host file and i had other magicjack stuff in there so i cleared them out and only left the 127.0.0.1 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com and its been working fine for now.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candlebox - does your mj even use nashville? is it possible it uses a different proxy? I can't think what else it could be.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpamBox wrote:
candlebox - does your mj even use nashville? is it possible it uses a different proxy? I can't think what else it could be.

mine switched from nashville to newark - not sure if it matters but i put both in my hosts
candlebox1369
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
SpamBox wrote:

mine switched from nashville to newark - not sure if it matters but i put both in my hosts

last time i checked it was still the same... well it's soooooooo weird. it's working right now. hahahah. i didn't even do anything...

reminds me of another magicJack i had that kept saying "plug in your magicjack" or something like that. after giving up on the thing (after unplugging it and trying numerous usb ports & pcs), it started working out of nowhere. these magicJacks just like giving me a hard time Very Happy

thanks everyone for the different tips. maybe i shouldn't turn off my pc now, haha... and if it stops working... it's okay... ata on the way...
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the hosts file have any effect on running the spoofer from an ata?

(for another voip service of course)
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
does the hosts file have any effect on running the spoofer from an ata?

(for another voip service of course)

It will not make any difference. You are only redirecting a MJ IP and not running the ATA through your computer.
amatory
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks Is this CallerID Spoofing working for you all through proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com ?

I have tried to send calls to several networks with P-Asserted-Identity set to my GC number, but at the other end my MJ number comes up. I have tried to send calls to Cellular network (AT&T/Cingular), Landline (SBC) and to other GC numbers.

Anyone over here successfully tested sending GC or another Phone number as CallerID to a landline or cellphone ?

Regards,
Amatory
SpamBox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amatory wrote:
Folks Is this CallerID Spoofing working for you all through proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com ?

I have tried to send calls to several networks with P-Asserted-Identity set to my GC number, but at the other end my MJ number comes up. I have tried to send calls to Cellular network (AT&T/Cingular), Landline (SBC) and to other GC numbers.

Anyone over here successfully tested sending GC or another Phone number as CallerID to a landline or cellphone ?

Regards,
Amatory

CallerID Spoofer works for me using my GC, but the MJ doesn't work too hot - calls have been extremely choppy!
Delavan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Spoofer Reply with quote

The spoofer is working fine for me too. I have it sending my GC #. Inbound callerID is another matter. Number and name are the same, not the real caller's name at this point which is aggravating. My audio was choppy too until I did the MagicJack dance and got it running again.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone finding it necessary to restart the spoofer often or hit apply alot?

(damn... just realized i broke 100 posts.... i need a life..lol)
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
(damn... just realized i broke 100 posts.... i need a life..lol)

Well your the 3rd person who needs to be hired here Laughing I wonder what the next rank is....
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FFearr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea if i leave it on for a long time, i realize i have to restart the spoofer sometimes. I have no idea why.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
(damn... i need a life..lol)

You and me both!! And Kumar too! Laughing

jeffnyc wrote:
anyone finding it necessary to restart the spoofer often or hit apply alot?

Every once in a while. But usually have to restart the MJ softphone using the menu (not by reconnecting via USB)
kbc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: awesome, thanks...but Reply with quote

this is a great tool, thanks a lot.

one issue i have is that when i am spoofing my callerID to be my GC # and then i try to call GC to retrieve my vmail using the MJ phone, the connection just breaks. is there a way around that?
kbc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just spent an hour or so spoofing callerID's and freaking my friends out. hahaha, this is great.

not sure if you're still developing the spoofer tool, but it really does need an 'exception' feature on the callerID spoof so that we can get into our GC voicemail directly from our MJ phone.

i've setup my spoof callerID to be my GC #, but that messes GC up when i call in to get my vmail. what i'd really like to have is a feature that allows me to create exceptions or have different callerIDs depending on whom i'm calling.

e.g - have a checkbox that says 'enable exceptions on callerID display' and then in a text area i can type in those outgoing #'s that should use a different callerID. in this case i'd tell the spoofer to use my MJ # as the callerID when i'm calling into GC to get my vmail, that way GC isnt confused.

thanks!
soccerkid
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The callerID spoofer was working great for me up till the other day, and now it does not work. i have tried restarting my computer and also re-applying changes and then restarting my MJ. I checked my host file and it is still 127.0.0.1 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com. What else should i try?
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soccerkid wrote:
The callerID spoofer was working great for me up till the other day, and now it does not work. i have tried restarting my computer and also re-applying changes and then restarting my MJ. I checked my host file and it is still 127.0.0.1 proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com. What else should i try?

add another entry substituting newark for nashville... i have both
itchy2000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the caller ID name to spoof but not the phone number... even if I change both the MJ number and spoofed caller ID number
it still shows my real MJ phone number when I call someone

ANy ideas ??
soccerkid
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
add another entry substituting newark for nashville... i have both

Does not work when I have both. I get an error on the MJ console.
djfunky
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: I am using Vista - please help. Reply with quote

So I finally got the spoofing to work, I just couldn't enter in the persons name, rather only the phone number. But it worked very well. So then of course I tried to install it as a service. I get a Device ID error when going into services. It does not work with the 'magicjack' account that i created at all. I get a dial tone, but can't make phone calls at all. I switched over to having the local system run the process, and now I can make phone calls, but not spoof.

Ideally I would like to use Vista, run it as a service as a user and not the local system, and be able to readily spoof. I wouldn't mind using a new softphone, but that is not of concern until I can achieve the aforementioned status.

Please help me. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

[email protected]
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/caller-id-spoofing-legislation/3868589690
SpamBox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
Interesting....

WOW! interesting! Good find!
I wonder if those of us who use the spoofer but only use it to send out our own GC # would fall underneath this possible legislation. It's still me calling with my number - just not the actual number I'm calling from. I agree that if used maliciously than it should be a crime, but the law shouldn't be a blanket catch-all.
djfunky
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, Caller ID spoofing is not illegel (yet?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

jeffnyc wrote:
Interesting....

SpamBox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djfunky wrote:
(yet?)

Keyword
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
Interesting....

I think its fine to do it as long as you are not misusing it.
kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpamBox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicHack wrote:

I was thinking of adding a few additional features like:
  • a windows installer to edit the host file for you
  • run as a service automatically
  • spoof the user agent string (in case you are using an ATA)
  • other features you want/need?

Questions, comments, etc?

Know what would be a nice feature - having a drop-down list in the proxy box so you could easily change proxies.
kbc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: re: new features Reply with quote

i'd still like to be able to check my GC voicemail from my spoof'd MJ phone. right now GC gets confused when you dial it directly (if using the GC # itself as the caller ID).
SpamBox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: re: new features Reply with quote

kbc wrote:
i'd still like to be able to check my GC voicemail from my spoof'd MJ phone. right now GC gets confused when you dial it directly (if using the GC # itself as the caller ID).

So maybe a dropdown list in the outbound call boxes too, so you can easily switch between numbers
kbc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a dropdown wouldnt really do it b/c i dont want to change it everytime i make the call. rather, i want to have an 'exception' that says when i call a specific #, use a different callerID.

either way, this app rocks. nice job!
SpamBox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbc wrote:
a dropdown wouldnt really do it b/c i dont want to change it everytime i make the call. rather, i want to have an 'exception' that says when i call a specific #, use a different callerID.

How many times a day do you call your voicemail?
kbc
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few times a day, the point is i dont call voicemail from my computer. i call from my MJ phone which could be anywhere in my house - far away from the computer, which is likely the most typical use case.
phreakyhigh
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Spoofing issues Reply with quote

Hello all, I found the magicJack Spoofer to be a very useful program. The one thing that doesn't work for me however is the name spoof. This has been the case with other services I have tried such as spooftel. The following happens:

I enter a number I want to appear at the receiving parties end.

I place the call.

When the phone is ringing at the recipients end, the name attached to the account of the phone number I want to show up is displayed. This is regardless of whatever name I enter in the name field of the program or even leaving it blank.

In the past, I have tried to get around this but the conclusion for me is that the phone company does a reverse search within the CO for the account holders name and simply displays that name attached to the number and the name is never sent from the callers end. Also, this method of spoofing does not solve the issue with ANI. When checking the ANI, my real phone number is revealed, not the spoofed number which I intend to show up at the recipients end.

From my understanding of how the program works, it takes the values that you enter and replaces the values in the original data to be sent across the line with the values you entered, therefore having your intended values to be sent from point A to point B.

If at all possible, I would like to get a dialog started on these issues as it can help the less knowledgeable become more informed on how the process works or what the limitations are with less use of technical talk and just a plain description of the scenarios. Lets treat this as a use case (UML) or something similar. By breaking it down, we can try to approach it also. Thanks all. I look forward to the responses to this thread.
weniamrdy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: WOW! Outbound caller ID blocking & Spoofing Reply with quote

[font=Comic Sans MS:981bed6baa] [/font:981bed6baa] [b]

That was so well explained! Cool
I personally don't know Jack @ a word you wrote Embarassed BUT I am getting the feeling that when I do order magicJack (Feb. 1st) & IF the Tech., response blows. I feel Fairly secure this site will get me through any situation I may face.

Particularly due to your post so TY.
rodstree
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Can't get CallerIDSpoof.exe to run. Reply with quote

I'm running XP Pro and I get this error when I run the program:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135), Click on OK to terminate the application"

The file size is 36.0 KB (in case my download messed up) My Hosts file edit seems OK but it does have a ton of entries from SpyBotSD.

Any ideas appreciated
Rod
SpamBox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get CallerIDSpoof.exe to run. Reply with quote

rodstree wrote:
I'm running XP Pro and I get this error when I run the program:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135), Click on OK to terminate the application"
The file size is 36.0 KB (in case my download messed up) My Hosts file edit seems OK but it does have a ton of entries from SpyBotSD.
Any ideas appreciated
Rod

SB S&D entries shouldn't affect it, as I have a ton of entries in mine, some from S&D and some I put in myself. Try redownloading the program, possible something got screwed in the transfer
rodstree
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Partial Success on CallerIDSpoof.exe Reply with quote

I redownloaded the file and got the same result so I emailed it to my notebook and it ran immediately there. I can specify any number I want but the name is ignored. When I put in my cell phone number and my name the number shows up as I specified but the name is replaced by exactly what the cell carries puts out - ie. PCS Phone NM. I get comperable results when I simulate VOIP.com. It appears that the service provider that owns the number specifies the name that is transmitted?? Not quite all I hoped for but a big improvement over "MagicJack Phone". Thanks to all who played a part in this project - Stewart, MagicHack, ?.
DSSfix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Editing Host file Reply with quote

When I open the "Host" file to edit it - I see this line

Code:
 127.0.0.1       localhost   

Should I delete this line before adding
Code:
 127.0.0.1   proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com 
or just leave it in?
SpamBox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Editing Host file Reply with quote

DSSfix wrote:
When I open the "Host" file to edit it - I see this line
Code:
 127.0.0.1       localhost   

Should I delete this line before adding
Code:
 127.0.0.1   proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com 
or just leave it in?

Just leave it and add in the new line
DSSfix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I tell which MagicJack proxy my adapter is using?

I edited the Host file and saved.
I downloaded, installed and started the CallerID Spoofer v1.1 and entered my magicJack Number, Spoofed CallerID, CallerID Name, ticked Block CallerID, ticked Show Anonymous Callers Real Number and left the Configuration settings alone then clicked on apply changes.
In the tests I ran it doesn't spoof my Caller ID and calls to my magicJack number using *67 show up as Anonymous.

I have Net Framework 2.0 installed do I have to start it?
SpamBox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSSfix wrote:
How can I tell which MagicJack proxy my adapter is using?

I edited the Host file and saved.
I downloaded, installed and started the CallerID Spoofer v1.1 and entered my magicJack Number, Spoofed CallerID, CallerID Name, ticked Block CallerID, ticked Show Anonymous Callers Real Number and left the Configuration settings alone then clicked on apply changes.
In the tests I ran it doesn't spoof my Caller ID and calls to my magicJack number using *67 show up as Anonymous.

I have Net Framework 2.0 installed do I have to start it?

Check your hosts file, make sure it doesn't have an extension and any kind.
snafu2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSSfix,
If you find and answer please post it in forum. I have two mj's that are working great. One will spoof ID and the other will not. I have tried every possible cure with the non-spoofing mj and have had no luck at all getting it to spoof. I'm also thinking it could be a host issue. Thanks....snafu2
sonup2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime i try to run callidspoof.exe i get error "the application failed to intialize properly(0xc0000135). click OK to terminate the application" any one else have this problem? i am running windows xp. please help...
rodstree
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: error 135 Reply with quote

I get the identical response on my desktop (see the bottom of page 9 of this thread) I don't know what causes the problem but I emailed the same file to my notebook and it worked fine there (XP Pro on desktop and XP Home on notebook) I'll be watching for the answer. If you find the solution from somewhere other than this forum, please let me know.
Good Luck
sonup2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: error 135 Reply with quote

i got it working. i reinstalled .net and it works fine now.
pete vestly
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Will the Perl Script work for OS X? Reply with quote

I only know enough perl to get myself in trouble usually, however, I tried running this anyway on OS X.
Any ideas on how to get this to run on a Mac, or are there any parts of the script that are Windows
specific?

--Thanks
rodstree
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: error 135 Reply with quote

[quote="sonup2002"]i got it working. i reinstalled .net and it works fine now.[/quote]

Thanks for the info - reinstalling .net solved my desktop problem.
snafu2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my second mj working in spoof mode.
Used Wireshark to find proxy server (it was Newark). Changed Nashville to Newark in host file and now it is working perfectly.

Another "THANK YOU" goes to Stewart and MagicHack for their efforts in the creation of this fantastic program.

One thing I noticed...if I move a mj that I have set up for spoofing to a different pc that is not set up for spoofing, it is impossible to get past the error 3 issue. .....snafu2
rodstree
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Incomming ID problem with callidspoof.exe Reply with quote

I have callidspoof.exe running on XP Home notebook and outgoing spoof works perfectly. On incomming calls, the soft phone gets the caller number but it doesn't show up on the phone readout. Anyone else getting this result?
icequiksurfer
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: need a lil help Reply with quote

I'm a little confused with this spoofer. Do I need to change the default settings under "configuration"?? If I do what exactly goes in the magicJack Proxy box, and what goes into the Local magicJack IP box. Thanks.
SpamBox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Incomming ID problem with callidspoof.exe Reply with quote

rodstree wrote:
I have callidspoof.exe running on XP Home notebook and outgoing spoof works perfectly. On incomming calls, the soft phone gets the caller number but it doesn't show up on the phone readout. Anyone else getting this result?

If what you're saying is the CallerID on your actual phone isn't displaying, do a quick search on CallerID - there have been several threads and fixes to include a great hardware fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: