magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no West Virginia area code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goonierag
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: no West Virginia area code Reply with quote

Was listening to the podcast at computer america listening to Dan talk. He said in the interview they had registered in all 50 America states. Well I'm going to get a magicjack but at same time see they don't have West Virginias only area code. 304 for the whole state. Why say you have a contract in all fifty states if you don't have at least one area code in each. If they do have 304 in the area codes then I apologize and admit I was wrong. Don't have a majicjack yet.
sc1enceoff1cer
Official Logo Maker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand the strategy correctly, MagicJack/ YMAX Communications is registered in all 50 states in order to be able to terminate calls to their end users. Whoever terminates the call (connects the person calling with the person being called) collects a fee from the company initiating the call. If the find me feature every is implemented, you could have your call redirected to almost any number in any state. Since there's money to be made, they've registered YMAX in all 50 states.

If I am wrong, someone feel free to correct me. Smile
gomike78
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what goonierag has said it sounds like they need area codes in all states.
MagicJacked
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does West Virginia have phones now? Or still using the ones with cranks on the side? Smile
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no Wisconsin Area Codes either..MJ was going by Population sizes of cities. the top 30 was supposed to get the area codes. Milwaukee is Number 26 , or somewhere near there in population size, that Dan was saying was going to get the new Area codes last Aug. Yet.. here is WI.. no area codes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: