magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No Incoming Calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zark42
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: No Incoming Calls

I love my MJ+.
After using it for a year my MJ+ failed. I think this was due to the overheating, though that issue was never mentioned during my live chat discussions with MJ. It gets very hot within minutes after plugging it in. In any case they sent me a complete replacement, which I registered and plugged into the router.
I immediately started making calls. Great.
Than I wanted to test the incoming calls. I called myself and got the message. "The number you have called is no longer in service". OOOps.
Thats what my friends also told me.
I called someone and confirmed that he read my MJ number on his set.
I'm a Canadian, thus I have to pay for the preselected number $10 every year. While my MJ+ was faulty, I was still receiving messages on my email from some people trying to call me. I paid my $10 well in advance of the expiry, which was to be about two weeks after the MJ failure. This was also confirmed by MJ in my account.
I went through the chat with MJ with three people. It has not been resolved and it was sent to the Engg dept for review.
Has anyone had a similar issue. Can you contribute.
jerrycjr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: same 'ol

Same thing, no inbound. 'Support' proceeded to install and uninstall the programs and drivers over and over and over (and over) again. 15 hours on with tech support, I got the blow off - 'Engineers will look at it, we will email you . . . '.
One of the 'higher' support people started fiddling with my firewall and anti virus settings. That got me thinking, I wonder if it has something to do with the network settings like home/private/public and the sharing settings.
I went to the Network and Sharing center in the Control Panel and my network showed 'This Computer to Public Network to Internet'. I clicked on Public Network and changed it to 'Home'. I haven't tested it yet, but there is all sorts of sharing options that I'm not sure of. I was thinking that, yeah, the computer will let ME do what I want (call out), but will restrict outsiders (incoming).

I will follow this thread for any other thoughts.
zark42
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject:

Actually, My incoming calls have been restored. Fixed witin a week. I will never find out the reason for this fault, but I think MJ forgot to reserve the phone number with the Canadian tele utility.
However, i am not receiving the ID service now. I will have to sit down with MJ again to restore my ID feature.
jerrycjr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Registered number

Yes, that could be my problem as well. I just realized that I was getting voice mail alerts via email when it first went out. Now I don't even receive those. The 'voice mail button on the bottom right will not turn on either. It is good to know that they are working on it! I was reading something somewhere that a person has been waiting 9 months to get called back. I won't wait that long, 'Beware the ides of March'!!
jerrycjr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I just received a call (Yaaaaay)! I'm going to test it in a surge protector strip so I can remove it from usb. Has anyone tried that and had a problem? They never did email me about fixing it, although I have been playing with the network diagnostics (C:windows/diagnostics) and the settings in the Control panel. I also don't know when it was fixed, I don't get a lot of calls on that number.
zark42
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject:

That's majicjack. They fix it and dont send you message.
Today I'll try them to switch on the ID feature.
jerrycjr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject:

If anyone else has a similar problem (outgoing calls good, no incoming) I would be happy to try to help. I get emailed when someone replies to this topic.
zark42
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject:

Caller ID still missing.
Actually they are there if I plug MJ+ into the computer. They show up on the computer screen. But still missing when MJ+ plugged into the Router.

Regarding the heat on the MJ+. Molly repeated it several times: "the heat is not a concern". Oh, well.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject:

[quote="zark42"]Caller ID still missing.
Actually they are there if I plug MJ+ into the computer. They show up on the computer screen. But still missing when MJ+ plugged into the Router.[quote]

perhaps this info and link will help from previous posts....good luck Wink

[quote] Had you taken the time to do a search here you would have seen this has been addressed many times and your MJ is working as designed.
MJ will only display the Caller ID number, not the name..
Some phones will allow the caller ID name to show IF that name and number are in the phone's directory, my Uniden does just that. Of course if you get a call from someone not in your phone directory all you will see is the number until you enter said number with an associated name in your phone directory. Not all phones do this though.
If you want there is an add on called Magic Features which will show caller ID name, BUT only when your MJ is plugged into your PC, not your router. Here is their link http://www.pcphonesoft.com/ .[quote]

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/inbound-cid-possible-fix-t108.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: