magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No "Change Number" on user site?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmage
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: No "Change Number" on user site? Reply with quote

There used to be a button on the user site to change the number...it is gone now here. BTW I have not changed my number yet, was waiting on a local 956 number for S TX.

Just me or is the feature now gone? Question Question
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its gone for those who already changed there number or got their jack after a certain date. On my replacement jack they gave me a new year and a new number, but i can't change my number when i go to my.magicjack.com. But on one of my jacks that i got in December, I have the change number option still there, but have not bothered to change numbers on that since I dont need to.
kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
timmage
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kumar, I seem to remember that we get at least one free # change, not sure if that is in writing someplace...so hopefully I can do that when they finally get the Area Code I've been waiting for.

Have a MagicJack Evening Smile
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said that if you want to change a number after you already cahnged or after you signed up after the time where you could change once for free then there will be a feature to pay $3 or so to get a new number.
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this is interesting ... it looks like it may be gone for "old" (mid 2007) mj's as well -- can anyone else confirm from their "Portal" Login??

I have some "old" mj's that have not done a phone # chg yet and I think the button is gone for them
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

testing123 wrote:
You know, this is interesting ... it looks like it may be gone for "old" (mid 2007) mj's as well -- can anyone else confirm from their "Portal" Login??

I have some "old" mj's that have not done a phone # chg yet and I think the button is gone for them

AWW CRAP it is down:( I was gonna change my number this weekend, oh well.
Kumar
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumar wrote:
testing123 wrote:

AWW CRAP it is down:( I was gonna change my number this weekend, oh well.
Kumar

Crap, that is what I thought. MJ is killing me ... removing/not supporting (key) features instead of ADDING them. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: