magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windows)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 64-bit Support? Reply with quote

I am running Express Talk 3.1 with the Gizmo5 service and Google Voice. I am trying to use GVOut v1.1.6.0 for the outgoing call functionality. However, if I set GVOut to use the same Listen port as Express Talk, GVOut crashes. If I set it to use a different port (which I don't think I should since isn't GVOut supposed to intercept the Express Talk outgoing call requests?), GVOut doesn't crash, but it also doesn't intercept the Express Talk outgoing calls which are made with Gizmo5's 3-minute limit.

So, does GVOut work with Windows 7 64-bit? If so, what should I set my Listen port to be for GVOut? Any suggestions on the other settings?
JD2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows 7 64-bit Support? Reply with quote

JD2 wrote:
So, does GVOut work with Windows 7 64-bit? If so, what should I set my Listen port to be for GVOut? Any suggestions on the other settings?

Okay I will answer these questions myself, since I got it to work.

GVOut does work with Windows 7 64-bit. Since GVOut is a SIP proxy of sorts, its listen port needs to be set to a different UDP port than that of Express Talk (or another SIP client) if GVOut is running on the same PC as Express Talk. Express Talk simply needs to be configured to use GVOut as its outbound server with a setting of localhost:<GVOut's ListenPort> if GVOut is running on the same PC.
kd5eet
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first GVOUT worked great, but now I keep getting "GVOUT has encountered a problem and has to shut down"
JD2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: GVOut no longer works for me. Reply with quote

kd5eet wrote:
At first GVOUT worked great, but now I keep getting "GVOUT has encountered a problem and has to shut down"

GVOut no longer works for me either. I suspect that Google changed something in its setup when it bought Gizmo5.
az1324
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the newest version guys.
kd5eet
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: GVOut no longer works for me. Reply with quote

[quote="JD2"]
kd5eet wrote:

GVOut no longer works for me either. I suspect that Google changed something in its setup when it bought Gizmo5.

The problem I have is different. For me, it keeps crashing.
JD2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Still Doesn't Work Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Check the newest version guys.

I have tried the new version, but the problem remains. I can no longer use GVOut as the outbound server with ExpressTalk 3.1 or 4.02. It previously worked with ExpressTalk v3.1, but stopped after the time when Google announced it had bought Gizmo5, and hasn't worked since.
JD2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: GVOut no longer works for me. Reply with quote

kd5eet wrote:

I know your problem is different from mine. For me GVOut only crashed when I set it to use the same port as my telephony software (ExpressTalk). Right now, GVOut doesn't work at all. It never calls back when I try to place a call.
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: GVOut no longer works for me. Reply with quote

JD2 wrote:
kd5eet wrote:

I know your problem is different from mine. For me GVOut only crashed when I set it to use the same port as my telephony software (ExpressTalk). Right now, GVOut doesn't work at all. It never calls back when I try to place a call.

Latest version added and tested working with ExpressTalk.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great tool with MJ and the xlite plugin. I'm using this with sipgate and everything works great thanks az1324.
toddmo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324,

I'm using this and this is saving me money Very Happy
Way cool and you are the man!

Sorry if this is a duplicate post;
I couldn't bring myself to read 23 pages. Smile

I'm a .NET programmer,
and it would appear you created GVOut with some .NET language.

Have you posted the source code any where?

My goal:
I would like to learn how all this works,
and maybe someday programmatically make a phone call
and even respond to touch tones.

Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!

If I come up with something neato with it,
I'll be happy to share my code from here.
gottkung
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello i need help

i have Gv and G5 number and linksys Pap2
i can get incomecall just fine but
when i try GVOut i don't know how it going to work
i can't out going call i don't know how to get busy signal
could some one help me set up please

and one more question why home phone can't call GV number?
i have try with many people, only cellphone can call GV number?

please help
thank you
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
Here is a small update for GVOut. I'm not even using it anymore in favor of SIPSorcery. Update adds a dial plan mode.

SS quit working a half a year ago and I have abandoned it. Way too complex and poorly designed since nothing is intelligible, much less works.

I am running mjmd5 in windows tray and pap2t. The issue there is incoming calls immediately kick to voice mail, so no incoming. And on line one I run sipgate.

I would like to get gvout to work. But tried all settings today and no luck. Maybe I need a new version?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

degarb wrote:
az1324 wrote:
Here is a small update for GVOut. I'm not even using it anymore in favor of SIPSorcery. Update adds a dial plan mode.

SS quit working a half a year ago and I have abandoned it. Way too complex and poorly designed since nothing is intelligible, much less works.

I am running mjmd5 in windows tray and pap2t. The issue there is incoming calls immediately kick to voice mail, so no incoming. And on line one I run sipgate.

I would like to get gvout to work. But tried all settings today and no luck. Maybe I need a new version?
Check out this tutorial for SS http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/google-voice-app-tutorial/ it makes it very simple to use SS with googlevoice now. It has a very simple dial plan that's easy to understand. On your MJ line check and see what your registration expire is set to 180 or 90 seem to be good values for this.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan... one man's "easy to understand" is another man's PITA. Smile

I revisited sipsorcery/Google Voice/sipgate but was never able to get the darn thing working. However, I'm using sipgate by calling out from Google Voice and ringing my sipgate number with great results.

Question: What benefit does the sipsorcery/GV/sipgate combination offer over the other method, which I believe I learned from you?

Thanks...
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkman90808 wrote:
sabresfan... one man's "easy to understand" is another man's PITA. Smile

I revisited sipsorcery/Google Voice/sipgate but was never able to get the darn thing working. However, I'm using sipgate by calling out from Google Voice and ringing my sipgate number with great results.

Question: What benefit does the sipsorcery/GV/sipgate combination offer over the other method, which I believe I learned from you?

Thanks...
The benefit of using sipsorcery is being able to pickup the phone and dial like normal. All you hear is an additional ring on average. Sipsorcery with the ruby scripts complete the call back to you from googlevoice. It's really the same as using the browser addons for googlevoice but your phone never rings. With the link posted above there is a simple 3 line dial plan for sipsorcery and googlevoice now. The other advantage of sipsorcery is having multiple sip accounts with multiple providers ring one phone. One other advantage is not having to keep a computer on all the time.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the timely response. It looks like I'm going to have to lock myself in a room and stay there till I get it.
RedPenguin
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Two GVOuts same machine? Reply with quote

I have two SIP accounts, which one rings to my computer and the other rings to my iPhone when I am on the go.

When I try to use GVOut for the second account, I get it attempting to connect to the SIP on port 5061 as a previous post explained.

I read that a dial plan may work in this case, but I cannot find any dial plan for GVOut that is for X-Lite, all seem to be for other software.

EDIT: Also, when I try to run GVOut on the same PC as X-Lite vs on my XP server, using gvout d, it seems to say

GV Commands Sent
GV Response: OK
GV Signout

but it spit out an enormous amount of HTML code before, and from other posts, I did not see anyone who had this.
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: GVOut on XP Pro not working... Reply with quote

I have GVOut working with my Linksys/Cisco SPA941 IP Phone. This is a 4 line phone and have GVOut configured on Line 1 for outgoing calls. I put a shortcut in my startup folder so that it loads on windows startup or reboot (Windows 7). I also have a Dell Optiplex running XP Pro which is on 24/7 as I run my radio scanner live feed sending audio and digital tag data streams to radioreference.com. I was thinking of running GVOut on that machine so it would still function if my main PC was not running. All the PC's are on the same network. Well, I tried it and GVOut would not run for some unknown reason. I kept getting some error that was not explained and had to close the program. Does anyone have any idea what's happening and maybe a way to fix it?

az1324

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you have .NET 3.5 installed?
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
make sure you have .NET 3.5 installed?

I just checked and I have NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.

Now what?
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't get GVOut to work on the other computer.

Here is the error I got:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : gvout.exe P2 : 1.1.6.3 P3 : 4b124604
P4 : system P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4889de7a P7 : 2c0b P8 : 40
P9 : system.net.sockets.socket

Another question:

How do I check my GV Voicemail on the phone with GVOut running? Is there a way to do this?
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To check you voicemail over the phone, just call your own number with an associated phone and it will prompt for you voicemail password.
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcadia2uk wrote:
To check you voicemail over the phone, just call your own number with an associated phone and it will prompt for you voicemail password.

Yea, but isn't that with GVOut, GV is calling you back? It will never get to Voicemail. I want to retrieve VM on the phone associated with the GV number. I can program the VM button on the SPA941 if I could actually make this work with GVOut.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a long time magicjack customer but now with the recent updates I feel like jumping ship - only prob is im paid up through 2014.... oh well sunk cost.

I currently have a Onesuite account which offers me free incoming calls. I have both Gizmo5 and Sipgate accounts created but cant get a sipsorcery account unless I am wiling to pay over $30 on ebay.

I tend to leave my pc on often.

After reading majority of this thread, wopuld like know what you think the simplest best way to get this working:

1. Use this GVOut toy
2. Try to use asterisk - which you update your post to say you are using I think this may be a learning curve
3. Is there a way I can just get a script to run on my router (I currently use tomato and I had my old no longer working mjprioxy script running there)

What would be your suggestion?
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: GVOut not working on ATA... Reply with quote

I have had GVOut working on my Linksys SPA941 phone without any issues. I now have a PAP2T-NA and set it up to use GVOut on it instead but can't get it to register. All the settings are the same as far as I can see and i disabled that line on hte SPA941 as well. Any ideas?
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you'll find the problem is the rotating passwords MJ is now using. All ATA type devices appear to be affected.

OTC
N7AS
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldtimercurt wrote:
Think you'll find the problem is the rotating passwords MJ is now using. All ATA type devices appear to be affected.

OTC

I am not using MJ at all, Just GV + Sipgate with my ATA.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got gvout working and I must say its a great tool Thanks you az1324.

But then ironically as soon as I got it working someone was kind enough and offered me their sipsorcery account. So now I am prob gonna set it up that way.

Is this dialplan example still working? The post was some time ago so I was wondering if any changes are necessary?

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post46080.html#46080

Thanks.
degarb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am researching asterisk but getting nothing but gobbldygook. In english, what is it and how can it help or hurt?

Best I can interpret, about extensions. I don't need extensions, nor see how one would need them unless a good size business, also since any good off the shelf multi phone should be able do extensions .
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lj wrote:
Josemiami wrote:

And here is my dial plan, I am dialing from my cordlessphone with this dial plan you dont have to dial the #3 or the 1
I works perfect just dial the 10 digits number.

Code:
(911!|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.0.101:5060|011!)

Glad to see it works.. The only reason I originally specified the #3 is so it doesn't interfere with the existing dialplan. If you don't have any other entries in the dialplan above you can't use your existing provider if needed. For some people this is fine but I just wanted to give an example to make it 100% independent and make it a choice(by dialing #3) to use the GVOut app on demand basically. So if the computer running GVOut is off the Linksys ATA still can place outbound calls if needed through the existing provider.
I'm just reading through this thread and agree. I'm playing around with the second line on my ata and like to have the ability to have free or paid as an option. If the computer goes down it's great that the ata is still able to make calls out through the provider.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by sabresfan on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by sabresfan on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see this thread is not totally dead. I tried sipsorcery but for some reason this tool is more stable for me.

I see there is a lot of good dial plan info on page 14 and the few pages before. On page 22 az1234 adds a "dialplan mode" option that greys out the server address when you check it. However discussion in this thread after that improvement shifts towards sipsorcery and there is no further discussion on this option - unless I missed something.

Sorry if the answer seems obvious but what does checking off the "use dialplan mode" do?

Thanks.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
I am glad to see this thread is not totally dead. I tried sipsorcery but for some reason this tool is more stable for me.

I see there is a lot of good dial plan info on page 14 and the few pages before. On page 22 az1234 adds a "dialplan mode" option that greys out the server address when you check it. However discussion in this thread after that improvement shifts towards sipsorcery and there is no further discussion on this option - unless I missed something.

Sorry if the answer seems obvious but what does checking off the "use dialplan mode" do?

Thanks.
Pretty much the dial plan mode allows you to use the proxy from the dial plan from your ata not having to set it up in the outbound proxy setting in the ata. Also setting this up with a dial plan allows for more flexibility and gives more options. Sipsorcery is great but I like the idea of setting this up and running it. Also if the computer or proxy stop working now I'm still able to make or receive calls like normal.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
Pretty much the dial plan mode allows you to use the proxy from the dial plan from your ata not having to set it up in the outbound proxy setting in the ata. Also setting this up with a dial plan allows for more flexibility and gives more options. Sipsorcery is great but I like the idea of setting this up and running it. Also if the computer or proxy stop working now I'm still able to make or receive calls like normal.

Didn't the dialplan that you set up in the ata work before the check option in gvout was added? I still do not get the difference.

Also, when you say make/receive calls like normal, you still can't make outbound calls through gv if the pc isn't running, correct?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old way I had this running all call went through GVout proxy. If the computer or proxy failed so did making outgoing calls. I was still able to receive calls if either failed. The way I have it setup now is I have to dial #9 then 1 area code then number make the call through GVout proxy. If I pickup and dial like normal it goes right through the provider and I get billed for the call like normal. It's an extra step to make the free call but also a safeguard if the wife and kids mess with the computer and turn it off (which has happened). Smile
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I have a spa1001 so I already have another provider configured on the 2nd line and I just hit # to access it. Nothing is needed in the dialplan - functionality is built into ata But I guess if I wanted to add a 3rd provider to my ata it would be useful - but since I cant get mj to work with ata anymore ...
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anyone still using the gvout proxy?
lchiu7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Invalid Length Reply with quote

I hadn't used it in a month and then tried to use it. I never got the callback from GV.

Debugging showed this

GALX=IhSdZAx53n4, Length cannot be less than zero, Parameter name: length

I have no idea what this means. The server running GVOUT has not been updated apart from possibly some sneaky Windows updates. Tried on another machine with the same error. So now I have to intitiate the callback from the Google Voice web client which makes it a bit less friendly to use.

That of course works so I can still get free calls.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to revive this tool since GV is stopping support for XMPP. Wonder if it will still work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: