magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windows)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardtaur
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed the instruction... I did get busy tone after I dialed the number. My X-Lite did register it through my computer. But, I didn't get my GV calls back. What else can I tsht the issue?

Thanks,
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agriffiths wrote:
Thanks, AZ. Another brilliant post and idea.
I was thinking, for those with MJ set up on an ATA, such as PAP2T, with DD-WRT/MJMD5....is it not possible to just access your GV outbound dialing by creating a dial plan?

In the example situation where your GV number is 2125551212, MJ number is 3134441313, and you MJ number is registered as a GV forwarding number and you have the GV Settings set so your MJ number has direct access to your VM, without entering a PIN:
It seems that you should be able to create a dial plan on the PAP2T that begins something like

(<:12125551212PP2>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|
"PP2" being Pause, Pause, and the no.2 (2 pauses for the time to get to the point in GV where you can dial out, and the no.2 being the digit used to initiate callout in GV).

Then, you would have to find a way to write the "#" termination character into the string, I'm guessing.

I admit that I am a much better direction follower than innovator when it comes to dial plans and the like. I guess I'm just putting this out there because I've had not much luck getting this to work on the ATA and I've seen some of the brilliant stuff that AZ, Magicdump and the other near geniuses on here seem to be able to figure out. Best solution I've come up with is a top of the list Speed Dial setting on my office phone that dials my GV number Pause Pause 2.

Maybe but the whole point is to be able to use it on a service where only incoming calls are free.
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdot wrote:
az1324 wrote:
Thanks for testing. I bet you'll like it better on an ATA.

Can't wait to get it on Monday...got up too late to get it today...er...Saturday
because I've been doing too many all-nighters Smile
I was thinking...there's a thread on this forum, of people who have been
limited to incoming calls on Magicjack because they ostensibly talked too
much. MJ imposed a no-outgoing (unless you pay .01/min) limit on them,
but they still get incoming calls. It seems your same basic strategy could
be used to get around their issues, don't you think? The magicjack
server would just have to be proxied in the LMHOSTS file, to point to
your proxy. Then the Gizmo5 (that GoogleVoice forwards to), would be
forwarded to their MJ. Eh? ...or could you just go from GoogleVoice to MJ?

Yes that would work you could just do GV + MJ.
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, az1324 you did it again! lol I really need to start learning how to program, lol. Anyways, I actually recognized your work on a different site:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1471803

Not to say that I am not appreciative which I and many others are, but is there a way to have GVOUT connect the call, instead of having the user hang up? How hard would this be?

EDIT: lol AZ1324, that's you on Slickdeals...Hi!
az1324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleRunkle wrote:
Well, az1324 you did it again! lol I really need to start learning how to program, lol. Anyways, I actually recognized your work on a different site:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1471803

Not to say that I am not appreciative which I and many others are, but is there a way to have GVOUT connect the call, instead of having the user hang up? How hard would this be?

EDIT: lol AZ1324, that's you on Slickdeals...Hi!

Well I did consider that but I'm not sure if it's possible without proxying the RTP stream. I would have to do some more research into the SIP protocol. It works well enough for my purposes so maybe someone else can provide some info. Also, there is already a way to do this and bridge the calls if you are running Asterisk. I posted a link to the script in this thread.
agriffiths
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az1324 wrote:
agriffiths wrote:
Thanks, AZ. Another brilliant post and idea.
I was thinking, for those with MJ set up on an ATA, such as PAP2T, with DD-WRT/MJMD5....is it not possible to just access your GV outbound dialing by creating a dial plan?

In the example situation where your GV number is 2125551212, MJ number is 3134441313, and you MJ number is registered as a GV forwarding number and you have the GV Settings set so your MJ number has direct access to your VM, without entering a PIN:
It seems that you should be able to create a dial plan on the PAP2T that begins something like

(<:12125551212PP2>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|
"PP2" being Pause, Pause, and the no.2 (2 pauses for the time to get to the point in GV where you can dial out, and the no.2 being the digit used to initiate callout in GV).

Then, you would have to find a way to write the "#" termination character into the string, I'm guessing.

I admit that I am a much better direction follower than innovator when it comes to dial plans and the like. I guess I'm just putting this out there because I've had not much luck getting this to work on the ATA and I've seen some of the brilliant stuff that AZ, Magicdump and the other near geniuses on here seem to be able to figure out. Best solution I've come up with is a top of the list Speed Dial setting on my office phone that dials my GV number Pause Pause 2.

Maybe but the whole point is to be able to use it on a service where only incoming calls are free.

I get your point, and wasn't trying to hijack the thread. Just was brainstorming to find better ways to dial out w GV, being that for the most part we are all MJ users here.
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this free Soft Phone with 6 Lines, and a lot of tricks I have test it and work excellent with Gizmo5, Sipgate, Voxox.

http://www.nch.com.au/talk/index.html

I am using Sipgate for all my incoming an outgoing on Google Voice for now, because of the 3 free hours you get when you open a new account, and also because you can spoof your outgoing number i let it ring twoo times and they will call me back so I can save my outgoing min.

But it will be nice if someone can have the Proxy working in the DD-WRT router!!!

Thanks az1324

Last edited by jose.miami on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested the Proxy on the Express Talk Soft Phone, and Xlite, and it works good with Gizmo5 and Sipgate, So I can get rid of Gizmo5 now.

Thank you again
synchron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys - I'm usually good at this but the ATA is not registering for me.

Do I put in anything for UN/PW in ATA?? Or just the 192.168.X.X in the proxy stuff? Do you need to specify outbound proxy for this to work?

What phone number do I enter in the proxy PC program?? 1747XXXXXXX (Gizmo 5) or my local GV number? The other fields seem self-explanatory where I would enter sipgate.com for Sipgate or proxy01.sipphone.com for G5. Right?

Please, step by step - this will be a great alternative once they change the MJ pw. Great stuff! (once I can get it to work)

TIA,

Synchron Cool
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the setup I am using with my PAP2T using sipgate:

GVOut Proxy running in my laptop:

Port 5060

SIP Server sipgate.com

Phone my SipGate Phone Number

GV Username My GV Username

GV Password My GV Password

Setting in PAP2T

Proxy sipgate.com

Outbound Proxy 192.168.169.105:5060 (My Laptop IP Address)

Register yes

Register Expires 600

Use Outbound Proxy yes

Password Your sipgate password

Auth ID Your Sipgate User ID

User Id Your Sipgate User ID

Use Auth ID yes

It also works for Gizmo5, but I will refuse to use it for what they doing to us.

BTW Sipgate is a free more complete service with 3 Hrs free credits for dialing out, but it will cost you nothing doing this click to call, running the Proxy in your computer is like a free inbound call.

For anyone than don't know just open a free account here:

http://www.sipgate.com/

Now I can dial out all my contact number from my cordless Phone.

Just waiting for this Proxy running on the DD-WRT, so I can turn my laptop off.

Thank you again

Last edited by jose.miami on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
synchron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MTA 6328-2re has :

SIP Proxy:
Use outbound proxy (checkbox)
SIP Domain:
Registration Expiration Time.

I've always put the same thing in both fields for proxy and domain - guess I'll change one to proxy01.sipphone.com

Do I need to reenable GV in G5 account as well?

BTW, sipgate isn't exactly free - they are charging me $1.90 1st of every month for mandatory e911 fee even if I never use thir 1.9c/min dial out.
My current balance is $-1.78 (lol)

Synchron Cool
az1324

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so who knows more about SDP? I want to bridge the calls without creating an endpoint. Is it possible? Here's what I'm trying but I can't get it to work. Granted I am kind of blindly stabbing in the dark. Guess I should go read up on SDP.

Theoretical Bridge:

Client Send INVITE + SDP to Proxy
Proxy Store ClientSDP
Proxy Send TRYING to Client
Proxy Initiate GV Incoming
Server Send INVITE + SDP to Proxy
Proxy Send TRYING to Server
Proxy Store ServerSDP
Proxy Send OK + ClientSDP to Server
Proxy Send OK + ServerSDP to Client
jose.miami
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="synchron"]My MTA 6328-2re has Very Happyo I need to reenable GV in G5 account as well?[/quote]

No unless you want to give G5 access to your account on GV, they can pull your money out of your GV account in case you own them any money by having your log in info. You don't need it because you are not calling out, the proxy is doing the click to call from GV, you will only have inbound calls.

I have test it and it work without the activation.
synchron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose.miami wrote:

No unless you want to give G5 access to your account on GV, they can pull your money out of your GV account in case you own them any money by having your log in info. You don't need it because you are not calling out, the proxy is doing the click to call from GV, you will only have inbound calls.

I have test it and it work without the activation.

Thanks for the tip!

Grrr I was able to get it to register with GVOut proxy but w/ Gizmo, I get one short ring and disconnect. Going through the mysipswitch route, phone won't ring at all with either me disconnect after "busy" or GV website. The sipswitch call log, does, however, show a 200 OK status and a phone call that lasts always 58 seconds even though I never hear the ring.

Once again, grrr.......

Synchron Cool
UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ1324, check this out:
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=633
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: