magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial Reply with quote

How to get your NetTalk SIP Credentials
  1. Download and install Fiddler, NetTalk USB Drivers, and NetTalk Video phone

2. Start up fiddler, and enable decrypting https (Tools->Fiddler Options->HTTPS->check "Decrypt HTTPS traffic")

3. Install NetTalk USB Drivers, and connect NetTalk to your PC rather than your router

4. Once NetTalk is operational, start NetTalk Video Phone

5. Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...

6. Your credentials are Base64 Encoded:
    Code:
    [account]
    vs=c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    vp=NTA2MA==
    vu=<your username>
    vw=<your password>

vs is the servername, vp is the server port, vu is the user name, vw is the password

7. decode the pieces, select the encoded server name
    Code:
    c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    and click, Tools->Text Encode/Decode

8. paste in the individual values:

9. enjoy your SIP
andyha
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
How to get your NetTalk SIP Credentials
  1. Download and install Fiddler, NetTalk USB Drivers, and NetTalk Video phone

2. Start up fiddler, and enable decrypting https (Tools->Fiddler Options->HTTPS->check "Decrypt HTTPS traffic")

3. Install NetTalk USB Drivers, and connect NetTalk to your PC rather than your router

4. Once NetTalk is operational, start NetTalk Video Phone

5. Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...

6. Your credentials are Base64 Encoded:
    Code:
    [account]
    vs=c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    vp=NTA2MA==
    vu=<your username>
    vw=<your password>

vs is the servername, vp is the server port, vu is the user name, vw is the password

7. decode the pieces, select the encoded server name
    Code:
    c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    and click, Tools->Text Encode/Decode

8. paste in the individual values:

9. enjoy your SIP

Newbie you're a stud.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, getting the SIP info was really easy with your guide.

Thanks!
darkelf1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, just what I was looking for!

Strangely, the first time I did this I was given credentials for a number in New Hampshire (603). I was able to make and receive calls with this, but this is not of use to me. I tried a second time and got my correct credentials. Does anyone know what this other sip info is all about?

Now if only google voice worked correctly with nettalk. I was hoping this was a problem with the device, but no such luck. The same thing happens with my pap2t (only 1 ring on the nettalk). I wonder if there is any setting in a pap2t to somehow delay the early pickup that screws up google voice, or if this happens before the call even reaches the pap2t.

By the way, the user agent specified by my duo is:

NT_DUO Iver29-13.2

Those using another device may want to specify this or whatever yours is in your ATA or softphone settings.
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all may not really care but this voids your duo ...
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:

Very true and use of other equipment can easily be automatically detected by NT.
darkelf1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just looking for a way to get google voice to work with properly with it.
They've known about the problem for 5-6 months and still no solution. I doubt anyone is even bothering with it though.

Is there even an advantage to using another device with nettalk? Does it hurt them? The only advantage I see so far is I can change the dial plan -- no delay when dialing.
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the password is pain text any place. The other tutorial for finding the free account SIP info has you run it through cain and able for no reason because its in pain text in the dump file....You just need to seach for "settings_key_password"........I cant wait to get my hardware in hand! I did the 2 for one deal so Im sure it will be a few more days.
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkelf1 wrote:
They've known about the problem for 5-6 months and still no solution. I doubt anyone is even bothering with it though.

Is there even an advantage to using another device with nettalk? Does it hurt them? The only advantage I see so far is I can change the dial plan -- no delay when dialing.

The advantage would be using video chat with Sipdroid or some other client like that.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
darkelf1 wrote:

The advantage would be using video chat with Sipdroid or some other client like that.

Or, if you have a DLink DIR-655 router that they appear to have problems with (i.e. both the DUO and the DIR-655 have to be reset on occasion to keep a dial tone), using an ATA will circumvent that issue.
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the quality any better with a pap2, because I have been satisfied with there equipment so far.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

propizza wrote:
So is the quality any better with a pap2, because I have been satisfied with there equipment so far.

I tried with an old Sunrocket innomedia ATA and there was no change in quality. Just stick with the Duo if you are going to run an ATA.
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

Very true and use of other equipment can easily be automatically detected by NT.

Not trying to be argumentive, but why should the netTALK folks even care? What difference is it if you're using their ATA versus your own? It's not like magicJack where the paid advertisement window may come into play.

Question
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevereno wrote:
VaHam wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

Not trying to be argumentive, but why should the netTALK folks even care? What difference is it if you're using their ATA versus your own? It's not like magicJack where the paid advertisement window may come into play.

Question

Simple answer there device " ATA " is proprietary. In non laymans terms would you give ANYONE the keys to your home. There is more to it WHY not but im not into explaining it as netTalk forums will answer your question down to the nitty gritty and im not taking your post as argumentive. Im taking it as looking for a answer. For example the Duo is a proprietary ATA but your not going to run asterisks with it and so on. There is more to it then what your reading here plus it won't last either and as said by another person it did'nt even sound or work better anyway!
darkelf1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That argument would make some sense if we were reverse engineering the Duo. The ATA or softphone we would be using does not reveal any "proprietary" knowledge of theirs, we just put the credentials in. The SIP protocol and the codec used are not theirs either.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkelf1 wrote:
That argument would make some sense if we were reverse engineering the Duo. The ATA or softphone we would be using does not reveal any "proprietary" knowledge of theirs, we just put the credentials in. The SIP protocol and the codec used are not theirs either.

For you i'll put it another way, They don't want ANY other device BUT there own used or go elsewhere is there bottom line. Those that don't understand will lose there Duo account and no refund and your device can't be sold meaning it's trash and YES they can tell whats logging onto there servers like another ATA etc. Knowing there SIP info if you know what your doing you can do alot more then using THERE device!, Like i said a person would NOT give anyone the keys to there HOME. netTalk is 10 steps ahead of this SIP info of the Duo and actually without getting into it knew about it WEEKS in advance b4 " NEWBIE" posted it. He had to HIDE. I hide nothing but then again i only do things to companies that have illegal BS here in the U.S. then there fair game to me as it does not belong in this country and thats why THERE product or software is only sold VIA a web site and the site is either in China or on some Island outside of the U.S. so they can get away with it. Just like the other person admitted he tried it an NO difference! unless your going to do things that netTalk does NOT allow which is covered on the web site or TOS or ask there Admin he will explain in non layman terms. And most of ALL netTalk is NOT a BYOD company PERIOD or USE your own device it's a USE there DEVICE only Exclamation
darkelf1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have no doubts as to their policy, I am just looking for a decent "why." (and "we'll disconnect you if you do" does not satisfy by curiosity) I also don't care if they disconnect me -- my duo is just for testing any way.

If I were them, I would not support BYOD either as that entails a lot of extra work (and therefore money) helping people out with setting up and using their own devices, but I also would not disconnect those that do unless it's hurting the company in some way.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkelf1 wrote:
Oh I have no doubts as to their policy, I am just looking for a decent "why." (and "we'll disconnect you if you do" does not satisfy by curiosity) I also don't care if they disconnect me -- my duo is just for testing any way.

If I were them, I would not support BYOD either as that entails a lot of extra work (and therefore money) helping people out with setting up and using their own devices, but I also would not disconnect those that do unless it's hurting the company in some way.

To tell you the truth it boils down to what you said, The complete answer is as you said it's their policy. I myself prefer BYOD and im not going to BS you either first chance i get the time to put into MJ again it will run the way i want and not the way they want. Until then i have enough hardware here to get rolling and it will be a month or two b4 that happens unless ANOTHER "newbie" comes up with a MJ SIP solution which i have a strong feeling on what there doing and how but i won't count my chickens b4 they hatch until i see it working on my end first. Then again who knows whats going to happen with MJ. I.E. Company getting sold, or whatever the case maybe. Just like NT, MJ has it spies on here too but between them both MJ screws it own customers in more ways then 1.
neo2121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm sure that their is a way to spoof packets to make it look like my device is a net talk if I wanted to. Just because they don't "support" ATA or other devices doesn't mean they don't look the other way. Has anyone had an account banned for using non nettalk hardware old or new? Also has anyone had to exchange hardware with them how long did the process take.

On a side note I wonder who bought nettalkhacks.com wasn't me but I wanted it.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
well I'm sure that their is a way to spoof packets to make it look like my device is a net talk if I wanted to. Just because they don't "support" ATA or other devices doesn't mean they don't look the other way. Has anyone had an account banned for using non nettalk hardware old or new? Also has anyone had to exchange hardware with them how long did the process take.

On a side note I wonder who bought nettalkhacks.com wasn't me but I wanted it.

Actually i know a guy in NY that his NT worked fine but as soon as he used it with a beta USB driver the device went dead. It took 2 weeks for them to send him a call ticket for the device to be picked up. So if you get a defect it looks like between 2-3 weeks or more to get it replaced. Some times in the past NT had so many orders that it took ppl 2-3 weeks just to get a device back in the tk6000 days. As far as netTalk goes the SIP Creds ppl get now won't be of any value rather sooner then L8tr so spoofing etc will be of no value either amoung other things. BTW they don't LQQK the other way. And yes the netTalks power cable is cheap crap from china and seen at least 2 ppl's fail. That should be replaced with a nice solid cable gold plated. Ebay 3ft $3.00 or one from like a Nikon Camera etc.
neo2121

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Actually i know a guy in NY that his NT worked fine but as soon as he used it with a beta USB driver the device went dead. It took 2 weeks for them to send him a call ticket for the device to be picked up. So if you get a defect it looks like between 2-3 weeks or more to get it replaced. Some times in the past NT had so many orders that it took ppl 2-3 weeks just to get a device back in the tk6000 days. As far as netTalk goes the SIP Creds ppl get now won't be of any value rather sooner then L8tr so spoofing etc will be of no value either among other things. BTW they don't LQQK the other way. And yes the netTalks power cable is cheap crap from china and seen at least 2 ppl's fail. That should be replaced with a nice solid cable gold plI think ated. Ebay 3ft $3.00 or one from like a Nikon Camera etc.

Well its going on 2 weeks and still no device for me I just got the e-mail saying that it will be 7-10 days so thats 3 weeks right there. Also I don't think anyone has been banned as of yet while using SIP info on other devices.

"Everything you need to
Fire Your Phone Company! "

So if the device fails and I have fired my phone company 3 weeks with out a phone is unacceptable and I will use my account while I wait for the device.

No one asked me but, my opinion on the whole VOIP industry locking routers requiring only their device. Is comparable to BELL having the only phones and making you rent them Or the cable company making you rent the cable box. I think that will change in a few years time
genxweb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why we don't require you to use our device and that is why we provide unlocked devices for those that need devices. it is your phone service do what you want with it in legal means.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Actually i know a guy in NY that his NT worked fine but as soon as he used it with a beta USB driver the device went dead. It took 2 weeks for them to send him a call ticket for the device to be picked up. So if you get a defect it looks like between 2-3 weeks or more to get it replaced. Some times in the past NT had so many orders that it took ppl 2-3 weeks just to get a device back in the tk6000 days. As far as netTalk goes the SIP Creds ppl get now won't be of any value rather sooner then L8tr so spoofing etc will be of no value either among other things. BTW they don't LQQK the other way. And yes the netTalks power cable is cheap crap from china and seen at least 2 ppl's fail. That should be replaced with a nice solid cable gold plI think ated. Ebay 3ft $3.00 or one from like a Nikon Camera etc.

Well its going on 2 weeks and still no device for me I just got the e-mail saying that it will be 7-10 days so thats 3 weeks right there. Also I don't think anyone has been banned as of yet while using SIP info on other devices.

"Everything you need to
Fire Your Phone Company! "

So if the device fails and I have fired my phone company 3 weeks with out a phone is unacceptable and I will use my account while I wait for the device.

No one asked me but, my opinion on the whole VOIP industry locking routers requiring only their device. Is comparable to BELL having the only phones and making you rent them Or the cable company making you rent the cable box. I think that will change in a few years time

You got a point there, Your not stealing you just want to use your service your paying for even if it boils down to a few cents a day. My friend is in same boat. He received a device and it dropped dead in 3 hours and he's been waiting 3 weeks to get it replaced. Once it hits near the 27th day and he still does not have a replacement he will call up and say FORGET IT i want a refund instead. And i don't blame him. Thats why with BYOD if your going to lock my ATA i don't want the service but i can unlock it anyway without the VoIP providers help unless it's something i never seen b4, My goal is i want MJ in a special way and it will get done i just have to get this ATA online in the next 2-3 days then it's time for this MJ BS there doing as i won't run it USB style thats why it's in a draw until this electronic delivery i have coming in a few days. I have 4 VoIP services now and that enough!, Can't even remember all the numbers either and have two Acer Aspire Revo AR3610-U2002 with 250GB HDD in them with 4GB Ram to do a few projects with and that enough
Stormwind
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: NetTalk now rejecting different useragent strings Reply with quote

It appears NetTalk now checks the useragent for SIP registrations and rejects ones that do not match.

For example, in Asterisk the following config would set the useragent string to the value needed (sdpsession man not be required):

useragent=NetTalk TK6000
sdpsession=NetTalk TK6000
genxweb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is only a matter of time that net talk comes up with a method like mj to stop this. People don't you think their are net talk employees on here?
gashliquor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genxweb wrote:
It is only a matter of time that net talk comes up with a method like mj to stop this. People don't you think their are net talk employees on here?

I know 4 fact there are and they don't even login as logging in is only required to write and not read. Wink
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
genxweb wrote:

I know 4 fact there are and they don't even login as logging in is only required to write and not read. Wink

Don't you still have to log in to view "Tips, Tricks and hacks" ?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:

"The Lounge" is the only one you cannot view if you are not logged in.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

Smile Can you tell I have been set to autologin too long!
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

I knew the so called netTalk ppl were coming here and reading without logging in as they told me so on the landline. Nothing wrong with it by all means. Im just wondering how long it takes for them to figure out there call delay plus i had two ppl return there NT and 6 weeks went by and i'll say it again SIX weeks passed and these ppl STILL have NOT received there refund yet on there credit card, They would of never lost the sales in the first place if they had better service. Both the ppl i know and more sent in a defective device and it still was'nt returned to them in a month. So when 6 weeks hit they got a N.Y. ( F.U. ) Give me my $ back. Let's face NT is good for what it is but in the real world the device is the cheapo of ATA's and looks like they don't know how to control there device that well, But then again what do you want that costs maybe under a U.S. dollar imported into the U.S. Exclamation, I myself don't care for some of there commands lke *46# to start a 3-way etc. They could'nt just use the flash button etc and there on hold music sucks like we are in the roaring 20's. But again i undertsand for the price what do u want and the HQ is in florida which tells me they pay poor as this state if u have to work pays nothing or is 25 yrs behind N.Y. state labor and no unions etc so most of there help is under 10 bux a hr which i made over 30 yrs ago. I suggest IMO BUY your OWN ATA and pay a SMALL FEE and enjoy almost 99.9% B.S. free service as there is NO VoIP service that can be 100% and even MJ setup correct without USER ERROR still works great except for there call blocking B.S., I'd IMO rather run a mj with a nice configured TC then a NT and if under warranty at least MJ sends a replacement A.S.A.P ( A few Days ).
Nugrl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

I knew the so called netTalk ppl were coming here and reading without logging in as they told me so on the landline. Nothing wrong with it by all means. Im just wondering how long it takes for them to figure out there call delay plus i had two ppl return there NT and 6 weeks went by and i'll say it again SIX weeks passed and these ppl STILL have NOT received there refund yet on there credit card, They would of never lost the sales in the first place if they had better service. Both the ppl i know and more sent in a defective device and it still was'nt returned to them in a month. So when 6 weeks hit they got a N.Y. ( F.U. ) Give me my $ back. Let's face NT is good for what it is but in the real world the device is the cheapo of ATA's and looks like they don't know how to control there device that well, But then again what do you want that costs maybe under a U.S. dollar imported into the U.S. Exclamation, I myself don't care for some of there commands lke *46# to start a 3-way etc. They could'nt just use the flash button etc and there on hold music sucks like we are in the roaring 20's. But again i undertsand for the price what do u want and the HQ is in florida which tells me they pay poor as this state if u have to work pays nothing or is 25 yrs behind N.Y. state labor and no unions etc so most of there help is under 10 bux a hr which i made over 30 yrs ago. I suggest IMO BUY your OWN ATA and pay a SMALL FEE and enjoy almost 99.9% B.S. free service as there is NO VoIP service that can be 100% and even MJ setup correct without USER ERROR still works great except for there call blocking B.S., I'd IMO rather run a mj with a nice configured TC then a NT and if under warranty at least MJ sends a replacement A.S.A.P ( A few Days ).

Whoa, I've been gone too long! what's this now you think MJ is better than NT? Wow, I must have missed something here. Right now I am having problems with my MJ. Neither one is working, I suppose its "another" server problem! However, I have been having my fair share of problems with the NT too. Voices getting garbled, cutting out, or calls just not going thru when dialing out. I have the HBB1 still connected and still having problems. I guess I better continue reading on here, and see what else I have been missing. Shocked
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nugrl"]
gashliquor wrote:
VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

Quote:

Nurgrl Wrote: Right now I am having problems with my MJ. Neither one is working, I suppose its "another" server problem! However, I have been having my fair share of problems with the NT too. Voices getting garbled).

Hello and i hope you had a great holiday, Well when don't you have a problem with either one Question , I beleive your problems are from self causes or your children taking bandwidth away like it had no limits being that you have a few computers hardwired. Even though i seen your internet connection and upload speed is fine and so is download but to VoIP U/L is more important then ur download and with your kids playing on multi computes at same time hardwired with u is'nt actually the best way to go. Without the horse power the donke can't keep up. I know ppl in PA not even running no where near close to you what your running and there MJ is perfect. IMO 99.5% of MJ problems are user made. I have no problem with ANY VoiP service im on and YES i run ALL of them at the same time. YES granted my connection is 100Mbps D/L and 15Mbps upload which does help but im running quite a few computers online at once and all VoIP equipment is run off one specfic computer. There is no such thing as a 100% VoIP service, 99.9% i will agree with. Whats the odds i clip ( Like a scratched record ) rare and if i do its for like 2ms if that otherwise nothing. All hardware is NOT created equal and one thing i know is i would boot that router you own right out the door as soon as you can and pickup a Linksys E1000 or 2000 would be good enough for you. In your case just because you get online etc does not mean that there is'nt anything wrong with your modem either but that router you have is not in the best interest of VoIP. There is also alot more then speed that counts like Jitter, Ping, Latency etc and actually VoIP does'nt need that much bandwidth so it could be the server that your going through or your IP has a problem etc. It is something, As far as netTalk goes im sure there aware they have this delay I.E., You get a incoming call and say hello and the caller won't hear it unless you say hello 3x as the delay is there but you'll hear them. Thats NT engineers problem which they still did'nt address. Don't under estimate MJ it is still powerful even though a USB device, MJ's main problem is the company not the device and NT problem is lack of know how and $. Want to solve your problems in your case IMO sell your MJ's and your NT and buy a ATA that u own and operate NEW for around 40 bux and get a commerical VoIP service with SIP Creds and your problem will be over unless your IP goes out of business Exclamation
Sumrall
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make the one waiting for a refund feel better...
cancel with Verizon, then get out the calendar. I canceled landline July, 2010. Just received refund check yesterday, Dec. 27, 2010 - 5 months. Had given up on receiving it.

Oh, and no problems with either MJ or NT.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumrall wrote:
Just to make the one waiting for a refund feel better...
cancel with Verizon, then get out the calendar. I canceled landline July, 2010. Just received refund check yesterday, Dec. 27, 2010 - 5 months. Had given up on receiving it.

Oh, and no problems with either MJ or NT.

Now that you received your money call them back and ask when the interest check is coming LIKE they don't have millions Idea
MST
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like having SIP creds is useless .....

they must had changed something yesterday
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MST wrote:

I told you people it will last SHORT as i talked to these ppl at netTalk, There company is NOT magicjack and will not tolerate the BS but the so called GURU said it would be at least a year. It lasted at best a month. I guess thats why im a retired communcations engineer at 52 when alot are still doing the 9-5 until they drop dead or don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of either, Oh yes life is what you make it Exclamation ( Thats why it's 4AM EST and im on this damn thing already VIA remote server ) Laughing
Sumrall
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
I guess thats why im a retired communcations engineer at 52 when alot are still doing the 9-5 until they drop dead or don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of either, Oh yes life is what you make it Exclamation

A big 10-4. I retired at age 54 and that was 21 years ago! Best 21 years of my life!
neo2121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! I was waiting for something to do on my paid time off.

....works just fine check user agent and make sure you use 711
darkelf1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MST wrote:

Still working here.
AJCrowley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to get this working with Siphon on my iPhone, get the error:

No challenge is found (PJSIP_EAUTHNOCHAL)

Here's what I have in my Siphon settings:

Username: as found in method outlined here
Password: ditto
Server: ditto, also tried appending :5060 for port
Voicemail Number: blank
Advanced settings:
Reg Timeout: 3600
Proxy server: blank
Enable NAT: off (tried on, no difference)
Auth Username: blank (tried username found above, no difference)
Magicjack: off
Network settings:
Local port: 5070
STUN server: blank
DNS: blank

That's about it.....anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.
neo2121

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there any solutions for Iphone that allow you to specify the user agent.
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: ATA login Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried to log in to the nettalk DUO Device
192.168.0.191 or what ever local IP its on. I wonder what kind of kewl settings there is Razz I bet there is alot of neat Tweaks you can make in the device settings Razz
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ATA login Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to log in to the nettalk DUO Device
192.168.0.191 or what ever local IP its on. I wonder what kind of kewl settings there is Razz I bet there is alot of neat Tweaks you can make in the device settings Razz

Just knowing the IP does'nt get you into the device Exclamation
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but it lets me know its serving up files Very Happy
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
No but it lets me know its serving up files Very Happy

Thats about it, It's not a hidden function of the device either. If a customer said i know the IP of my netTalk the company would laugh. It would be just as funny as someone saying they know there MAC Address of there MJ Laughing
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you silly lol once you find your local IP of your nettalk Duo you type that IP in your browser and it wants you to enter a user name and password to get INSIDE

Can someone please find out the user name and password I wanna see the settings Wink Any disgruntle Employees ?? Wink
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
you silly lol once you find your local IP of your nettalk Duo you type that IP in your browser and it wants you to enter a user name and password to get INSIDE

Can someone please find out the user name and password I wanna see the settings Wink Any disgruntle Employees ?? Wink

Whats so hard, Dial *41 and listen to the indian woman say " 192.168.1.xxx" That took some work huh Laughing , Dump the chip and you'll get into the unit everytime or let netTalk in the device and use a device to monitor the USB port and you'll get the rest of the info,. There is'nt a bunch of shit in there like a REAL ATA. Your talking about a $1.00 device imported from china into this country. The device works don't get me wrong but a real ATA with a commerical VoIP server puts this device to shame, This is the poors mans way to ATA. It's great for ppl that make under 20G a Yr or are just tight with $.
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I dialed *41 and your right some lady says 192.168 bla bla bla I felt like I was waiting for the lady to say me horny baby , me love you long time OMG too funny Razz
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
OMG I dialed *41 and your right some lady says 192.168 bla bla bla I felt like I was waiting for the lady to say me horny baby , me love you long time OMG too funny Razz

LOL, When you said that it reminds me of a movie but i can't remember the name. But i remember the hoe said that in the philippines to a american G.I., Something to the affect me horny etc.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Guide_timothy wrote:

LOL, When you said that it reminds me of a movie but i can't remember the name. But i remember the hoe said that in the philippines to a american G.I., Something to the affect me horny etc.

Might have been The Sand Pebbles with Steve McQueen...........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: