magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydra
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was able to get the SIP credentials using this procedure. But it will not login in Linksys SPA unless I put the useragent. I am using the useragent posted in this forum. Can make calls but no incoming calls. Phone rings but when I try to answer nothing happens. So wondering if I have to use a correct user agent?

Can any one please describe how to find out the useragent from your nettalk duo?

Thanks.
lascott7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
How to get your NetTalk SIP Credentials
  1. Download and install Fiddler, NetTalk USB Drivers, and NetTalk Video phone

2. Start up fiddler, and enable decrypting https (Tools->Fiddler Options->HTTPS->check "Decrypt HTTPS traffic")

3. Install NetTalk USB Drivers, and connect NetTalk to your PC rather than your router

4. Once NetTalk is operational, start NetTalk Video Phone

5. Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...

6. Your credentials are Base64 Encoded:
    Code:
    [account]
    vs=c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    vp=NTA2MA==
    vu=<your username>
    vw=<your password>

vs is the servername, vp is the server port, vu is the user name, vw is the password

7. decode the pieces, select the encoded server name
    Code:
    c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    and click, Tools->Text Encode/Decode

8. paste in the individual values:

9. enjoy your SIP

This is where I am confused. I do not see the image and where do you really find the credentials? I go to the link and it's nothing there. Can you be more specific? Do you find them in Fiddler2? Is so where in Fiddler2? I am so lost in this so please clarify----------------->Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, are you late to the party. If you want to make free calls, get a GVjack or Obihai and use google voice (while it is still free)
lascott7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just searching for this for my nettalk and I'm about to lose them for another voip provider. NetTalk I am so sorry but they have very poor customer service. I am also looking for a good VOIp service with great customer service and it seems like this site I just went to (GVjack) has only email support.
crackerjack wrote:
Boy, are you late to the party. If you want to make free calls, get a GVjack or Obihai and use google voice (while it is still free)
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this site I just went to (GVjack) has only email support.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I know email support is very responsive and the simple nature of the device almost guarantees a foolproof installation and operation. Same for the slightly more expensive obihai device.
Nettalk, on the other hand, closely parallels MJ as to the level and nature of their support...
lascott7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that but for NetTalk email support isn't always good though. I would love to do chat or phone support. But if you enjoy email support that's great.
crackerjack wrote:
this site I just went to (GVjack) has only email support.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I know email support is very responsive and the simple nature of the device almost guarantees a foolproof installation and operation. Same for the slightly more expensive obihai device.
Nettalk, on the other hand, closely parallels MJ as to the level and nature of their support...
mmzk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: HORRIBLE Experience with Nettalk Reply with quote

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone can help me out because up until this point I've had the most terrible experience with Nettalk EVER. We got our device and connected it on 7/10/2013. Outgoing calls work but incoming calls do not. "The number or code you have dialed is not in service please check the number or code and try again" So I filled out a trouble ticket immediately and waited for assistance. It took 48 hours for someone to get back to me. On Friday 7/12/2013 I waited 1 hour during my lunch hour for someone to pick up in their call center and over an hour on their tech chat. To no avail. Finally I got a call on my cell phone from someone because I kept updating my trouble ticket and frustration was more and more noticeable. I was told by their tech support I need to be home during their very convenient hours of Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm so they can remote access into my equipment and open some ports. We have a very advanced home network and don't want them messing with our router settings. I asked the tech who called me today to provide me with the Login Credentials to the Nettalk Device and tell me the ports that need to be open as my husband is a network engineer and can easily work on these settings without affecting our home network. What is someone like me supposed to do? Someone who works 8am-5pm Monday - Friday and cannot afford to take time off of work or wait their ridiculous hold times??? And clearly someone who has been denied the login credentials to my own device I paid good money for? Is there somewhere else I can escalate this complaint to? If anyone knows or can help me out I would greatly appreciate it, I have a 2 year old daughter at home I need to call and check on periodically and the fact this device is not working is hindering upon my ability to call my own home. One would think a telephone service provider would have more convenient hours that would appease their client base not hours that are convenient only to the workers. On a side note they must only have one person working in their call center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: