magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nugrl
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

Don't you still have to log in to view "Tips, Tricks and hacks" ?

"The Lounge" is the only one you cannot view if you are not logged in.

Smile Can you tell I have been set to autologin too long!

I knew the so called netTalk ppl were coming here and reading without logging in as they told me so on the landline. Nothing wrong with it by all means. Im just wondering how long it takes for them to figure out there call delay plus i had two ppl return there NT and 6 weeks went by and i'll say it again SIX weeks passed and these ppl STILL have NOT received there refund yet on there credit card, They would of never lost the sales in the first place if they had better service. Both the ppl i know and more sent in a defective device and it still was'nt returned to them in a month. So when 6 weeks hit they got a N.Y. ( F.U. ) Give me my $ back. Let's face NT is good for what it is but in the real world the device is the cheapo of ATA's and looks like they don't know how to control there device that well, But then again what do you want that costs maybe under a U.S. dollar imported into the U.S. Exclamation, I myself don't care for some of there commands lke *46# to start a 3-way etc. They could'nt just use the flash button etc and there on hold music sucks like we are in the roaring 20's. But again i undertsand for the price what do u want and the HQ is in florida which tells me they pay poor as this state if u have to work pays nothing or is 25 yrs behind N.Y. state labor and no unions etc so most of there help is under 10 bux a hr which i made over 30 yrs ago. I suggest IMO BUY your OWN ATA and pay a SMALL FEE and enjoy almost 99.9% B.S. free service as there is NO VoIP service that can be 100% and even MJ setup correct without USER ERROR still works great except for there call blocking B.S., I'd IMO rather run a mj with a nice configured TC then a NT and if under warranty at least MJ sends a replacement A.S.A.P ( A few Days ).

Whoa, I've been gone too long! what's this now you think MJ is better than NT? Wow, I must have missed something here. Right now I am having problems with my MJ. Neither one is working, I suppose its "another" server problem! However, I have been having my fair share of problems with the NT too. Voices getting garbled, cutting out, or calls just not going thru when dialing out. I have the HBB1 still connected and still having problems. I guess I better continue reading on here, and see what else I have been missing. Shocked
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nugrl"]
gashliquor wrote:
VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

Don't you still have to log in to view "Tips, Tricks and hacks" ?

"The Lounge" is the only one you cannot view if you are not logged in.

Smile Can you tell I have been set to autologin too long!

I knew the so called netTalk ppl were coming here and reading without logging in as they told me so on the landline. Nothing wrong with it by all means. Im just wondering how long it takes for them to figure out there call delay plus i had two ppl return there NT and 6 weeks went by and i'll say it again SIX weeks passed and these ppl STILL have NOT received there refund yet on there credit card, They would of never lost the sales in the first place if they had better service. Both the ppl i know and more sent in a defective device and it still was'nt returned to them in a month. So when 6 weeks hit they got a N.Y. ( F.U. ) Give me my $ back. Let's face NT is good for what it is but in the real world the device is the cheapo of ATA's and looks like they don't know how to control there device that well, But then again what do you want that costs maybe under a U.S. dollar imported into the U.S. Exclamation, I myself don't care for some of there commands lke *46# to start a 3-way etc. They could'nt just use the flash button etc and there on hold music sucks like we are in the roaring 20's. But again i undertsand for the price what do u want and the HQ is in florida which tells me they pay poor as this state if u have to work pays nothing or is 25 yrs behind N.Y. state labor and no unions etc so most of there help is under 10 bux a hr which i made over 30 yrs ago. I suggest IMO BUY your OWN ATA and pay a SMALL FEE and enjoy almost 99.9% B.S. free service as there is NO VoIP service that can be 100% and even MJ setup correct without USER ERROR still works great except for there call blocking B.S., I'd IMO rather run a mj with a nice configured TC then a NT and if under warranty at least MJ sends a replacement A.S.A.P ( A few Days ).

Quote:

Nurgrl Wrote: Right now I am having problems with my MJ. Neither one is working, I suppose its "another" server problem! However, I have been having my fair share of problems with the NT too. Voices getting garbled).

Hello and i hope you had a great holiday, Well when don't you have a problem with either one Question , I beleive your problems are from self causes or your children taking bandwidth away like it had no limits being that you have a few computers hardwired. Even though i seen your internet connection and upload speed is fine and so is download but to VoIP U/L is more important then ur download and with your kids playing on multi computes at same time hardwired with u is'nt actually the best way to go. Without the horse power the donke can't keep up. I know ppl in PA not even running no where near close to you what your running and there MJ is perfect. IMO 99.5% of MJ problems are user made. I have no problem with ANY VoiP service im on and YES i run ALL of them at the same time. YES granted my connection is 100Mbps D/L and 15Mbps upload which does help but im running quite a few computers online at once and all VoIP equipment is run off one specfic computer. There is no such thing as a 100% VoIP service, 99.9% i will agree with. Whats the odds i clip ( Like a scratched record ) rare and if i do its for like 2ms if that otherwise nothing. All hardware is NOT created equal and one thing i know is i would boot that router you own right out the door as soon as you can and pickup a Linksys E1000 or 2000 would be good enough for you. In your case just because you get online etc does not mean that there is'nt anything wrong with your modem either but that router you have is not in the best interest of VoIP. There is also alot more then speed that counts like Jitter, Ping, Latency etc and actually VoIP does'nt need that much bandwidth so it could be the server that your going through or your IP has a problem etc. It is something, As far as netTalk goes im sure there aware they have this delay I.E., You get a incoming call and say hello and the caller won't hear it unless you say hello 3x as the delay is there but you'll hear them. Thats NT engineers problem which they still did'nt address. Don't under estimate MJ it is still powerful even though a USB device, MJ's main problem is the company not the device and NT problem is lack of know how and $. Want to solve your problems in your case IMO sell your MJ's and your NT and buy a ATA that u own and operate NEW for around 40 bux and get a commerical VoIP service with SIP Creds and your problem will be over unless your IP goes out of business Exclamation
Sumrall
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make the one waiting for a refund feel better...
cancel with Verizon, then get out the calendar. I canceled landline July, 2010. Just received refund check yesterday, Dec. 27, 2010 - 5 months. Had given up on receiving it.

Oh, and no problems with either MJ or NT.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumrall wrote:
Just to make the one waiting for a refund feel better...
cancel with Verizon, then get out the calendar. I canceled landline July, 2010. Just received refund check yesterday, Dec. 27, 2010 - 5 months. Had given up on receiving it.

Oh, and no problems with either MJ or NT.

Now that you received your money call them back and ask when the interest check is coming LIKE they don't have millions Idea
MST
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like having SIP creds is useless .....

they must had changed something yesterday
gashliquor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MST wrote:

I told you people it will last SHORT as i talked to these ppl at netTalk, There company is NOT magicjack and will not tolerate the BS but the so called GURU said it would be at least a year. It lasted at best a month. I guess thats why im a retired communcations engineer at 52 when alot are still doing the 9-5 until they drop dead or don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of either, Oh yes life is what you make it Exclamation ( Thats why it's 4AM EST and im on this damn thing already VIA remote server ) Laughing
Sumrall
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
I guess thats why im a retired communcations engineer at 52 when alot are still doing the 9-5 until they drop dead or don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of either, Oh yes life is what you make it Exclamation

A big 10-4. I retired at age 54 and that was 21 years ago! Best 21 years of my life!
neo2121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! I was waiting for something to do on my paid time off.

....works just fine check user agent and make sure you use 711
darkelf1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MST wrote:

Still working here.
AJCrowley
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to get this working with Siphon on my iPhone, get the error:

No challenge is found (PJSIP_EAUTHNOCHAL)

Here's what I have in my Siphon settings:

Username: as found in method outlined here
Password: ditto
Server: ditto, also tried appending :5060 for port
Voicemail Number: blank
Advanced settings:
Reg Timeout: 3600
Proxy server: blank
Enable NAT: off (tried on, no difference)
Auth Username: blank (tried username found above, no difference)
Magicjack: off
Network settings:
Local port: 5070
STUN server: blank
DNS: blank

That's about it.....anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.
neo2121

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there any solutions for Iphone that allow you to specify the user agent.
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: ATA login Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried to log in to the nettalk DUO Device
192.168.0.191 or what ever local IP its on. I wonder what kind of kewl settings there is Razz I bet there is alot of neat Tweaks you can make in the device settings Razz
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ATA login Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to log in to the nettalk DUO Device
192.168.0.191 or what ever local IP its on. I wonder what kind of kewl settings there is Razz I bet there is alot of neat Tweaks you can make in the device settings Razz

Just knowing the IP does'nt get you into the device Exclamation
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but it lets me know its serving up files Very Happy
gashliquor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
No but it lets me know its serving up files Very Happy

Thats about it, It's not a hidden function of the device either. If a customer said i know the IP of my netTalk the company would laugh. It would be just as funny as someone saying they know there MAC Address of there MJ Laughing
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you silly lol once you find your local IP of your nettalk Duo you type that IP in your browser and it wants you to enter a user name and password to get INSIDE

Can someone please find out the user name and password I wanna see the settings Wink Any disgruntle Employees ?? Wink
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
you silly lol once you find your local IP of your nettalk Duo you type that IP in your browser and it wants you to enter a user name and password to get INSIDE

Can someone please find out the user name and password I wanna see the settings Wink Any disgruntle Employees ?? Wink

Whats so hard, Dial *41 and listen to the indian woman say " 192.168.1.xxx" That took some work huh Laughing , Dump the chip and you'll get into the unit everytime or let netTalk in the device and use a device to monitor the USB port and you'll get the rest of the info,. There is'nt a bunch of shit in there like a REAL ATA. Your talking about a $1.00 device imported from china into this country. The device works don't get me wrong but a real ATA with a commerical VoIP server puts this device to shame, This is the poors mans way to ATA. It's great for ppl that make under 20G a Yr or are just tight with $.
Guide_timothy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I dialed *41 and your right some lady says 192.168 bla bla bla I felt like I was waiting for the lady to say me horny baby , me love you long time OMG too funny Razz
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide_timothy wrote:
OMG I dialed *41 and your right some lady says 192.168 bla bla bla I felt like I was waiting for the lady to say me horny baby , me love you long time OMG too funny Razz

LOL, When you said that it reminds me of a movie but i can't remember the name. But i remember the hoe said that in the philippines to a american G.I., Something to the affect me horny etc.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Guide_timothy wrote:

LOL, When you said that it reminds me of a movie but i can't remember the name. But i remember the hoe said that in the philippines to a american G.I., Something to the affect me horny etc.

Might have been The Sand Pebbles with Steve McQueen...........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're thinking of Full Metal Jacket.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
Great movie. Now I'm gonna have to watch it this weekend.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
Great movie. Now I'm gonna have to watch it this weekend.

Or just watch the Geico commercial and instead of a tissue box being thrown picture a bullet ot two.. Because yellow makes me sad...

Love that commercial....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was 100% Full Metal Jacket, Great Flic too. Now im gonna have to watch the DVD this week
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think this is working anymore. I just tried to use this method to get my sip info from my duo, and the videophone app fails saying "error getting user information"

ANyone else have any luck recently with this?
Canadiangrujee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Got SIP credentials but unable to use it Reply with quote

@ Newbie
Hi, you are really a genius. I tried finding the SIP and got it without any issue. Now when I tried using it on some of SIP based applications in PC and IPhone, these credentials don't work and I am unable to login and use those applications. I tried X-Lite4, QuteCom on PC running Windows 7 (32bit) and Acrobits SIP Phone on IPhone4.

Can anyone guide me what exactly I am missing?

I also found that MJ has released their iPhone App through iTunes Store (Free download) and you can use it with your existing account. I mean, you can use your existing MJ number to make and receive calls (as long as your account is good). I wana use NT Duo in the same way. I tried using NT Duo App for iPhone but it does not allow me to configure it as my NT Duo's phone number. I wish if NT staff make some changes in their app to make it work for existing NT Duo users.
Pablo123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the plan, supposedly in the next smartphone app release you will
Be able to link up your duo account with your app.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pablo123 wrote:
That's the plan, supposedly in the next smartphone app release you will
Be able to link up your duo account with your app.
I've tried voip over wifi and it's ok as long as it's at home and it's a good internet connection. Voip over 3g sucks. The call quality is piss poor and constantly breaks up no matter how good a signal it is. I've tried the g 729 codec that works better with 3g but to me it's just not worth it. GV has decent rates internationally and the voice quality is good. To save $2 every 6 months is just not worth the hassle of voip on a smartphone.
BooDaddy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
How to get your NetTalk SIP Credentials
  1. Download and install Fiddler, NetTalk USB Drivers, and NetTalk Video phone

2. Start up fiddler, and enable decrypting https (Tools->Fiddler Options->HTTPS->check "Decrypt HTTPS traffic")

3. Install NetTalk USB Drivers, and connect NetTalk to your PC rather than your router

4. Once NetTalk is operational, start NetTalk Video Phone

5. Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...

6. Your credentials are Base64 Encoded:
    Code:
    [account]
    vs=c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    vp=NTA2MA==
    vu=<your username>
    vw=<your password>

vs is the servername, vp is the server port, vu is the user name, vw is the password

7. decode the pieces, select the encoded server name
    Code:
    c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    and click, Tools->Text Encode/Decode

8. paste in the individual values:

9. enjoy your SIP

Is this still the proper way to get your NetTalk SIP credentials? I am wanting to pull the cred from my TK6000 and use it on my Android.
joecr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one have got the SIP credential using the procedure above im intereting to configure a Cisco SPA3102 Voice Gateway with Router to be used with the netTalk account
Hydra
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I was able to get the SIP credentials using this procedure. But it will not login in Linksys SPA unless I put the useragent. I am using the useragent posted in this forum. Can make calls but no incoming calls. Phone rings but when I try to answer nothing happens. So wondering if I have to use a correct user agent?

Can any one please describe how to find out the useragent from your nettalk duo?

Thanks.
lascott7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: NetTalk Duo SIP: a Tutorial Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
How to get your NetTalk SIP Credentials
  1. Download and install Fiddler, NetTalk USB Drivers, and NetTalk Video phone

2. Start up fiddler, and enable decrypting https (Tools->Fiddler Options->HTTPS->check "Decrypt HTTPS traffic")

3. Install NetTalk USB Drivers, and connect NetTalk to your PC rather than your router

4. Once NetTalk is operational, start NetTalk Video Phone

5. Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...

6. Your credentials are Base64 Encoded:
    Code:
    [account]
    vs=c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    vp=NTA2MA==
    vu=<your username>
    vw=<your password>

vs is the servername, vp is the server port, vu is the user name, vw is the password

7. decode the pieces, select the encoded server name
    Code:
    c2lwMS50a3RlbGNvLm5ldA==
    and click, Tools->Text Encode/Decode

8. paste in the individual values:

9. enjoy your SIP

This is where I am confused. I do not see the image and where do you really find the credentials? I go to the link and it's nothing there. Can you be more specific? Do you find them in Fiddler2? Is so where in Fiddler2? I am so lost in this so please clarify----------------->Your credentials will appear in a packet to https://www.nettalkusa.com/provision/?vm=...
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, are you late to the party. If you want to make free calls, get a GVjack or Obihai and use google voice (while it is still free)
lascott7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just searching for this for my nettalk and I'm about to lose them for another voip provider. NetTalk I am so sorry but they have very poor customer service. I am also looking for a good VOIp service with great customer service and it seems like this site I just went to (GVjack) has only email support.
crackerjack wrote:
Boy, are you late to the party. If you want to make free calls, get a GVjack or Obihai and use google voice (while it is still free)
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this site I just went to (GVjack) has only email support.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I know email support is very responsive and the simple nature of the device almost guarantees a foolproof installation and operation. Same for the slightly more expensive obihai device.
Nettalk, on the other hand, closely parallels MJ as to the level and nature of their support...
lascott7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that but for NetTalk email support isn't always good though. I would love to do chat or phone support. But if you enjoy email support that's great.
crackerjack wrote:
this site I just went to (GVjack) has only email support.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I know email support is very responsive and the simple nature of the device almost guarantees a foolproof installation and operation. Same for the slightly more expensive obihai device.
Nettalk, on the other hand, closely parallels MJ as to the level and nature of their support...
mmzk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: HORRIBLE Experience with Nettalk Reply with quote

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone can help me out because up until this point I've had the most terrible experience with Nettalk EVER. We got our device and connected it on 7/10/2013. Outgoing calls work but incoming calls do not. "The number or code you have dialed is not in service please check the number or code and try again" So I filled out a trouble ticket immediately and waited for assistance. It took 48 hours for someone to get back to me. On Friday 7/12/2013 I waited 1 hour during my lunch hour for someone to pick up in their call center and over an hour on their tech chat. To no avail. Finally I got a call on my cell phone from someone because I kept updating my trouble ticket and frustration was more and more noticeable. I was told by their tech support I need to be home during their very convenient hours of Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm so they can remote access into my equipment and open some ports. We have a very advanced home network and don't want them messing with our router settings. I asked the tech who called me today to provide me with the Login Credentials to the Nettalk Device and tell me the ports that need to be open as my husband is a network engineer and can easily work on these settings without affecting our home network. What is someone like me supposed to do? Someone who works 8am-5pm Monday - Friday and cannot afford to take time off of work or wait their ridiculous hold times??? And clearly someone who has been denied the login credentials to my own device I paid good money for? Is there somewhere else I can escalate this complaint to? If anyone knows or can help me out I would greatly appreciate it, I have a 2 year old daughter at home I need to call and check on periodically and the fact this device is not working is hindering upon my ability to call my own home. One would think a telephone service provider would have more convenient hours that would appease their client base not hours that are convenient only to the workers. On a side note they must only have one person working in their call center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: