magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Number closer to Harrisonburg VA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baggottt
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Need Number closer to Harrisonburg VA Reply with quote

I have been waiting a long time for a number closer to Harrisonburg VA. There are plenty of 540 numbers for VA but not with out toll charges for my neighbers and family. Thanks
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not look to see if there is a Google Voice # in the area you are looking for. Then just have neighbors and family call your LOCAL GV # and have it ring your MJ#... Works like a charm if, of course, GV has the exchange you are seeking.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Punkinoid
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Harrisonburg Virginia Reply with quote

Harrisonburg Virginia are not available on Google voice or magic jack Staunton is closet place with numbers available which is stupid because Harrisonburg is larger than Staunton Virginia I wish magic jack could get a clue. I know at least 50 people that would use magic jack if they had a Harrisonburg Virginia number
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Harrisonburg Virginia Reply with quote

Punkinoid wrote:
Harrisonburg Virginia are not available on Google voice or magic jack Staunton is closet place with numbers available which is stupid because Harrisonburg is larger than Staunton Virginia I wish magic jack could get a clue. I know at least 50 people that would use magic jack if they had a Harrisonburg Virginia number

My understanding is that it's not whether MJ has a clue or not, although they frequently don't. It's a matter of supply and demand. And if GoogleVoice doesn't have them either, that's a pretty good indication that the supply is pretty tight.

A look at other forums show the same frustration with certain area codes/exchanges.

I've seen posts where GV had acquired a handful of numbers in a given exchange and they were taken in a few hours. I would assume the same situation could apply to MJ, so it might be necessary to check frequently to get what you want. I waited forever to get an specific area code from GV, and I didn't care about the exchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: