magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help from the community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: need help from the community Reply with quote

I sent a magijack to whom I though was a friend......turned out not so friendly after all...how can I cancel the service and stop him from using it.
chad
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVEN IF THAT MEANS NOT BEING ABLE TO USE IT AT ALL
AlaninKY
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not file a legal complaint against your so called friend to get your magicJack back Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: need help from the community Reply with quote

chad wrote:
I sent a magijack to whom I though was a friend......turned out not so friendly after all...how can I cancel the service and stop him from using it.

If you configured it and know the number and password go in and change the password and phone number.

Actually you have already spent the money and given it away which is probably a legal gray area. I believe you giving something to someone is the same thing as a verbal contract and if you repeal the gift he may have recourse against you.

Now for the realistic side of this, if it just for revenge, pretend you took your friend out for dinner at nice restaurant you would spend close to the price of an MJ. And after your friend accepted your gracious gift you wouldn't want to attempt to stop him from using the calories. Wink Save your time and emotions for something worth while and just write it of as a mistake and call it a day.
aone999
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the tech-chat and tell them you lost the MJ and suspect some body got it and using it. You may need some details like:
  • e-mail id used for purchasing
  • order number
Max ODrive
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy another magicjack, spoof his name and number for caller ID and make obscene phone calls to the police station nearest his house... make sure you put in his 911 information..

Order delivery pizza, chinese, thai..

.....possibilities are endless......

PS Keep in mind they can subpoena your IP address, so don't go too far overboard...
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max ODrive wrote:
Buy another magicjack, spoof his name and number for caller ID and make obscene phone calls to the police station nearest his house... make sure you put in his 911 information..

Order delivery pizza, chinese, thai..

.....possibilities are endless......

PS Keep in mind they can subpoena your IP address, so don't go too far overboard...

I'm glad you posted that and not me... but it's what I was thinking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: