magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Voice is Muted On A Magic Plus Call Outgoing Call Works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentienti1956
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: My Voice is Muted On A Magic Plus Call Outgoing Call Works Reply with quote

Hello, I need help please with the Magic Jack Plus, 2019 model with the blue strip. I just installed it and registered a Canadian number to call the government in Canada. I live in the Philippines. My outgoing call reaches its destination, but when the recipient picks up and speaks everything is muted at my end. The mute button is permanently muted on my MJ Keyboard. I am at my wits end. I need help, please.

I think when I was registering the new MJ Plus I neglected to check both incoming and outgoing calls with the initial setup. I went back later into the Advanced Device Settings and upgraded the device to include incoming and outgoing calls, I checked both the boxes. It indicated that this was successful, but my calls are continuing to be muted, I can call the person in Canada but when they answer the phone and I speak, they cannot hear my voice.

Is there a way to fix this issue? Can this MJ Plus be reset? Confused

This is a great forum, it is a potential life-saver. Smile

Apart from my initial mistake in setting the Magic Jack Plus up, which I take full responsibility for doing, I did go back into advance settings later and I checked the incoming and outgoing boxes for calls, which were updated successfully. However, updating the settings did not fix my issue.

I thought that my sound card inside my desktop might be contributing to the problem, but my outgoing calls on Magic Jack Plus are working, it is just that my voice is being muted at my end of the call.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying connecting the MJ directly to the modem instead of going through your computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: