magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My exsperience with Magic Jack Plus

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my MJP yesterday and so far so good. I chose a new number for my plus and had everything up and running in less than 3 minutes. No problems with any disconnects so far and the call quality is good. Another good thing is I'm able to still choose the vms proxy that's closest to me even though my MJP registers with the LA proxy.
collin
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad Sad
I got the problem with calls using MJ+. In my case I have old gadget and plus to compare side by side. Tried it for many days of trial wasting all ideas and resources available in the internet. Technical support doesn't gave me more than I already knew but just maybe the link for upgrading firmware on magicjack. Did tests of many kind, with all suggestions you can think, followed a lot of posts from other users, tried 2 headsets, 2 phones, 2 computers, 2 routers, and tested side by side the sound on call with the plus gadget wasn't equal to the old or enough to be used "even plugged to computer!". I even used a phone with speaker ability to super increase sound but had to use always on calls and put my ear directly over the speaker. As for technical support, if you have problems with sound volume with the plus gadget, don't waste your time. I love electronics and I don't give up easily on them. The idea of magicjack plus is super, but or I received a defective dongle or it doesn't work well. And I say without concluding it doesn't perform equally as the old one, due to that I don't have a 2nd magicjack plus to test. I did tried to ask for a replacement cause I didn't want to give up without testing a new one even though I read on the site that I will had to pay for shipping and handling but got no answer from the chat forum. So at the end I'm returning the plus due to that I had no other alternative.
Maybe later on they'll solve the issue.
I never had the need to use technical support for magicjack, but if you're in trouble or have any questions about setup, you'll have better results looking for similar issues online.
I'll continue to use my old magicjack.
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi collin sorry u were having trouble but just to let you know my mlp is working good mind u when i first got it i had some trouble but i found that some routers don't work as good as others did u port forward the mjp?

happy new year and good luck if u get a other mjp
collin
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty200, like I described in my before post, I tried all sort of things, and yes I tried too port forwarding, also tried 2 router, 2 computers and 2 headsets, and nothing compared to using the old device. That's why I thought that the one I received could be defective, but only If I tried another one I could confirm. At least the one I got didn't worked with normal volume on calls.
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after you send it back, and get your money back, nothing saying you can't order a new one...... That would be one way to get a exchange.
I pretty much forgot about my phone plan, because it just flat out works.

I want to add that I'm really glad I went with Comcast for ISP (Internet Service Provider) because each of the boys (3 of them) have a Ipod touch now. and there all using band width.

Chuck
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land line (magic jack plus) ringing less and less, cell phone ringing more and more, glad I'm only paying $2.88/ month for it... Still seems funny, no more Verizon bills....

Chuck
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: iPod Touch Reply with quote

FriskyKid wrote:
My girlfriend in the Philippines may get an iPod Touch with Wi-Fi.

Can the MagicJack work on the iPod Touch with either the original MJ or the MJ+?

If there is an iOS app for this, can the iPod Touch work in someone else's Wi-Fi (open) or only your own with the MJ+ in your house?

Does the power adaptor on the MJ+ use 220V as well as 115V?

Can the MJ+ plug right into a wall internet jack, or does it have to go thru a router?
You can also use app called talkatone...
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished reading all the negative posts on here, sorry to hear of so many problems.

I've pretty much take the MJ+ for granted now, just plain works here (which is York PA).

Chuck
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I got a message on the phone from MJ+ "to keep your phone number please pay $10.43 for a one yr. lock in of your current number" something like that, anyway I ponied up the money. I believe this has something to do with the local phone service, wanting there number back...
Other then that MJ+ is working well, and still glad that I made the switch.

Chuck
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe this has something to do with the local phone service, wanting there number back...

No, that has something to do with MJ, after screwing you into their worthless service will additionally charge you every year for keeping that number. But if you are happy, stay happy, i will not interfere with anyone's happiness! Twisted Evil
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my phone service went up all the way to $3.75/month and it was at $2.88/month. Verizon was over $35/month, it's still a no brainier for me.

Chuck
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: update Reply with quote

c4yourself2 wrote:
I got a message on the phone from MJ+ "to keep your phone number please pay $10.43 for a one yr. lock in of your current number" something like that, anyway I ponied up the money. I believe this has something to do with the local phone service, wanting there number back...

Chuck

Just curious, was the $10.43 charge for subsequent annual service fees for porting/transferring a phone number (initial annual fee should have been $19.95). I'm curious because I had my phone number ported on 1/15/12 and I paid $19.95 at that time for the transfer fee. I'm making the assumption that on or about 1/15/13 I too will have to pay the $10.43 subsequent annual fee to keep my ported phone number. Actually, I just found out the answer to my question in the F.A.Q. section of the official website about porting or transferring a phone number;

Click the "Phone Numbers" tab and then "Transfer". Next, click the "Transfer My Number" button.

Follow the prompts to submit your transfer request.

There will be a $19.99 one time fee and $9.95 annual charge after the first year. We will provide status via email.
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way I see it, like I said still in no way a deal breaker.... for me.

Chuck
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Update... Reply with quote

Coming up on 14 months, still working great.... The best part is, I don't think about MJ+ anymore, and of course long distance is included.

Chuck
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got hit for $10.47 to keep my old number another year... about ready to just let them give me a new number...

Chuck
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I transferred my home phone to Google Voice instead.
Everyone who calls my home phone now gets forwarded to the magicJack and Skype. I answer on both.

It doesn't matter what the mJ number is with this system.
If magicJack dropped off the earth, I can still answer with GV or Skype.

That said, like you, mJ+ seems to perform transparently under most circumstances. My Mom is in a mJ-blocked exchange, so I call her through GV, even on the mJ+.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: