magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Experience: Vonage to MagicJack Plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugnout
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: My Experience: Vonage to MagicJack Plus Reply with quote

I've been a vonage customer for over 8 years, but the cost has gone up to be comparable to what we had been paying the Bell company and within a dollar or two of the cable company offerings. We didn't want to get rid of the house phone yet, even though we all have cell phones. I've been looking a MJ for a while but having to have it plugged into a computer was a non-starter for me. Very happy to see the introduction of MJP.

So far so good. I bought MJP from RS a week ago. Selected a phone number and hooked it up. Still have my vonage box, just forwarded to the MJP for now.

Was very happy to discover the link to transfer my phone number. I was preparing my wife for advertising our new phone number to friends and family, but looks like we get to keep it. I filled out the form 2 days ago. I'll post when it actually gets moved.

VM took a bit to setup. Its not documented well, but once i figured out how to set the message and how to retrieve directly from the home phone, I feel I have everything I had with vonage plus some nice new features like emailing of vm's.

Once I turned on the feature that beeps if you have new vm, the phone visual indicator started working as well (led vm waiting indicator)

911 setup was easy. Caller ID works well. All in all it is a suitable replacement for Vonage at considerably lower cost.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

kos99ngel
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My Experience: Vonage to MagicJack Plus Reply with quote

bugnout wrote:
I've been a vonage customer for over 8 years, but the cost has gone up to be comparable to what we had been paying the Bell company and within a dollar or two of the cable company offerings. We didn't want to get rid of the house phone yet, even though we all have cell phones. I've been looking a MJ for a while but having to have it plugged into a computer was a non-starter for me. Very happy to see the introduction of MJP.

So far so good. I bought MJP from RS a week ago. Selected a phone number and hooked it up. Still have my vonage box, just forwarded to the MJP for now.

Was very happy to discover the link to transfer my phone number. I was preparing my wife for advertising our new phone number to friends and family, but looks like we get to keep it. I filled out the form 2 days ago. I'll post when it actually gets moved.

VM took a bit to setup. Its not documented well, but once i figured out how to set the message and how to retrieve directly from the home phone, I feel I have everything I had with vonage plus some nice new features like emailing of vm's.

Once I turned on the feature that beeps if you have new vm, the phone visual indicator started working as well (led vm waiting indicator)

911 setup was easy. Caller ID works well. All in all it is a suitable replacement for Vonage at considerably lower cost.

That's good that the magicJack plus has work for you. I have the magicjack running on a HP thin client. There is no need to have my PC power on all day every day. I have had the magicJack for 3 years and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. IDK if I can stand paying for Vonage monthly I like only paying $19.95 a year........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dfrankelmsc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Vonage to MagicJack Reply with quote

I am also a former Vonage customer and had three units (one in US and two overseas) with no issues. I now have one MJ in the US, and one MJ overseas and had no problem until I tried to contact MJ customer support (Vonage CS SUCKED!!!! as they are all foreign poor English speakers who just apologize repeatedly). I have not been able to renew even though my last two years my renewal was automatic. I would like a discount code if anyone has it. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: