magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My experience trying for a service refund 13 days after buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrownBullhead
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: My experience trying for a service refund 13 days after buy Reply with quote

This is the chat log from my experience with Magic Jack when trying to get a refund of my purchase.

My original purchase was as follows...

Qty Product Code Description Price Each Subtotal Charge Date
1 CHANGECPN Number Change 10.00 10.00 04/13/2012
1 MJPLUS5YR9975 Five Year Platinum Preferred Plan 99.75 99.75 04/13/2012
1 CANADACHGNUMBER1000 Canadian Phone Number 10.00 10.00 04/13/2012
1 REGULATORYFEES4.8 Regulatory and Compliance Expense 5.75 5.75 04/13/2012

--------------------------
ORDER TOTAL: 125.50

Quote:
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Ethel'

Your Issue ID for this chat is [intentionally deleted]

Ethel: Hello, how may I help you?

"BrownBullhead": Hello Ethel. I activated a Magic Jack on April 12, 2012. I signed up for the 5-year prepaid plan. However, I am dissatisfied with the call quality and I want a refund for my prepaid plan plus current year plan. I will return the hardware to where I bought it. Please assist me with the refund process.

Ethel: Please wait while I check that for you

"BrownBullhead": Ethel: What is result of your check?

Ethel: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Chris'

Your Issue ID for this chat is [intentionally deleted]

Chris: This is Chris , a Higher Level of Support. I will be assisting you. How are you today?

"BrownBullhead": I am good, Chris. I will cut/paste what I wrote to Ethel.

"BrownBullhead": Hello Ethel. I activated a Magic Jack on April 12, 2012. I signed up for the 5-year prepaid plan. However, I am dissatisfied with the call quality and I want a refund for my prepaid plan plus current year plan. I will return the hardware to where I bought it. Please assist me with the refund process.

Chris: Hello Robert let me assist you

Chris: Please wait while I check that for you

Chris: One moment please...

Chris: thank you for waiting all you want is to cancel and ask for refund under the 5 yr plan applied on your account correct ?

"BrownBullhead": I would like to refund all of the time I paid for (5 year + current year) as I am within the 30-day trial period. The hardware I will return to where I bought it. I believe our credit card was charged about $126 CAD for the 1yr+ 5yr

Chris: no the current or free 1 yr plan is not refundable the 5 yr plan yes we can process the refund

"BrownBullhead": yes please refund the 5-year plan immediately. thank you.

Chris: okay

Chris: One moment please...

Chris: thank you for waiting i have made the the report on the proper department and they are now verifying your account and the cancellation and refund as well . rest assured that it will be completed as soon as possible .

Chris: you will have the confirmation as well regarding on the refund on your account

Chris: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

"BrownBullhead": where will I receive confirmation of the refund? in my email?

Chris: email

"BrownBullhead": standby while i check my email

Chris: the refund is still on process

Chris: I cannot give an exact timeframe but this will be processed as soon as possible. Because normally the change will automatically happened , but I will include in my report that you wish to be contacted

"BrownBullhead": may i have a reference number, in case i need to follow-up if i do not see the refund within a couple of business days?

Chris: yes

Chris: Ticket [intentionally deleted]

"BrownBullhead": ok thank you, Chris and Ethel. I will watch my credit card and email for the refund.

Chris: welcome

"BrownBullhead": can you please confirm the dollar amount being refunded?

Chris: Thank you for understanding

Chris: please do chat us back we are here 24/7 to assist you back. and this chat we have now is

Chris: saved here in our end so it will be reviewed by the higher department .

Chris: yes the 5 yr plan only cost $99.75

Chris: the charge of the change of Canadian mj phone number not refundable as the process is now applied on your service

"BrownBullhead": ok thank you. i will watch for $99.75 USD refunded

Chris: welcome

Chris: ye

Chris: Thank you for understanding

Chris: please do chat us back we are here 24/7 to assist you back. and this chat we have now is

Chris: saved here in our end so it will be reviewed by the higher department .

Chris: Thank you for stopping by to chat, I hope I did a good job at addressing your concerns. Please take a second to answer a one question survey about the service I provided. Please click the "close" button on the top right of this screen and the survey will appear. Thanks again!

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat

You are not currently in a chat session.

You are not currently in a chat session.

Last edited by BrownBullhead on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
BrownBullhead
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did tick me off was the extra $10 I was charged for "number change" in the beginning because their system assigned me a USA # by default without prompting me to create a Canadian #. My Dad's MJ+ was charged same fees as above, less the $10 I had to pay. For some reason, we weer prompted when creating his.
BrownBullhead
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 days later and they still haven't refunded this to my credit card!
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, BrownBullhead. If I were you, I'll look for the MJ billing department phone number on my bank statement and call them over the phone to verify everything as a follow up action on that matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: