magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Call Forwarding was disabled without notice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I wrong for wanting to recover bonified losses?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
No
80%
 80%  [ 17 ]
Maybe
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

NetAlien
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding is gone = so am I Reply with quote

Was about to make MJ my main provider & port 3 numbers over to existing MJPlus units; but that plan just went up in smoke with the disappearance of Call Forwarding -- along with my business.
Goodbye MJ!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definitely one confused company. I did not renew my service at the expiration date in the first few days of November. Now, almost TWO months later, as of yesterday anyway, my old number can still be called and forwarded to GoogleVoice. Go figure.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did not renew my service at the expiration date in the first few days of November. Now, almost TWO months later, as of yesterday anyway, my old number can still be called and forwarded to GoogleVoice

2 months is a lot but I had about 6 weeks with my second dongle. With the first dongle I ported out the number, but still could make outgoing calls via the dongle for many weeks. A bit annoying because I had to wait till they disconnect them before I could sell them on Graig's list.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
I had about 6 weeks

I kind of rounded my 2 months, I'm not much past the 6 week time frame so maybe it will stop working soon.

Regardless, it's another example of a company with it's collective heads up it collective arses. Continuing forwarding way past the expiration of service, for someone who doesn't give a crap anymore, while dropping it for current customers who do want it.
Jacked_Up
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, feature is officially gone forever in my account, links don't help. I did figure out how to add recorded message of my own, which helps a bit. Anything but that ad for magicjack when voicemail picks up.

Then at least you can tell them try your other number in the voice message.
Before I thought we were stuck with the canned message: "magicjack customer..blah blah blah.. : ) Will probably phase out my old number next year, depending on what googlevoice decides to do- come end of year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: