magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple MagicJack Applications with Thin Client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d0nb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Multiple MagicJack Applications with Thin Client Reply with quote

I am new to all of this and have moderate IT skills. I am intrigued by the use of MJ w/a thin client and, while this will be obvious to anyone who's experienced, I am wondering...

Question Suppose you had 8 mj phones in an office setting. Do you need a separate thin client for each phone, or can ONE with sufficient capacity be used to manage all of them if connected to a network? If this could work, what extras hardware might be required?

thanx.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple MagicJack Applications with Thin Client Reply with quote

d0nb wrote:
I am new to all of this and have moderate IT skills. I am intrigued by the use of MJ w/a thin client and, while this will be obvious to anyone who's experienced, I am wondering...

Question Suppose you had 8 mj phones in an office setting. Do you need a separate thin client for each phone, or can ONE with sufficient capacity be used to manage all of them if connected to a network? If this could work, what extras hardware might be required?

thanx.

Unfortunately you will need one for each MJ since MJ only allows one dongle/computer Sad
d0nb
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx. Figured as much. I'm sure I'll have more ?s as I proceed. db
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d0nb wrote:
Thanx. Figured as much. I'm sure I'll have more ?s as I proceed. db

Your welcome. You may also want to take a look at a PBX if your managing several phones in an office. I actually have the Incredible PBX In a Flash running on a HP T5710 here in the house with a few phones and trunks. Something like an Acer Aspire with a little more horse power would be a good choice instead of a true thin client for a small office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: