magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ working on t5720 XPe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaguare
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: MJ working on t5720 XPe Reply with quote

I have been reading the forum and realize some are having trouble with this so I wanted to post my experience setting up the MJ on HP TC.

Bought TC on Ebay for around $90. Downloaded XPe update from HP site, loaded to Flash drive. Started system with flash drive installed and updated/flashed XPe. Plugged in MJ and allowed XP to install. Transfered MJ upgrade file from laptop previously hosting MJ to TC. Ran file, MJ software tried to run but was blocked by Symantec Active Agent 5.1. Exited the agent and MJ software ran fine, completed a call with no sound or other communication issues. Lucky me.

I would like to run the Symantec Agent for security if anyone knows how to allow MJ software to run with Symantec Agent please let me know.

J
tony
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: MJ working on t5720 XPe Reply with quote

jaguare wrote:

I would like to run the Symantec Agent for security if anyone knows how to allow MJ software to run with Symantec Agent please let me know.
J

Hi,
With thin clients no changes wrought by a virus are permanent (unless explicitly committed). One strategy is to set up the TC so it reboots in the middle of the night. Any viruses picked up during a day are eliminated as the TC goes reboots to its pre-infected state. Actually if you just run MJ on the TC and don't use it for browsing, your chances of the TC getting infected are slim. I don't have any anti-virus on my TCs and have never had an issue.

Have fun with your TC.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tony other than I do run HP's firewall for thin clients. It is relatively small but effective -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=vc-71327-1&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=439748
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: