magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ updates on t5710 cause "broken storage"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roundabout
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: MJ updates on t5710 cause "broken storage" Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a t5710 that works fine when it works, but everytime MJ does an update, I get the "error - broken storage" message. I have to format the E: PHONE drive on the MJ, unplug the MJ dongle, then delete the MJUSBSP folder on the TC's C: drive and the MAGICJACK folder on the Z: Ramdrive and reboot in order to get it running again. What am I doing wrong?

Is there anything I can do that will update the MJ without getting the Broken Storage error? Am I missing a setting, or should the MJ auto-commit the changes? Or do I have to manually commit the changes everytime the MJ updates?

I installed TeamViewer so I can control the TC from my main PC, but am I going to have to log into it all the time to make sure it commits the changes? How will I know there's an update that needs to be committed?

I hope someone can help me by telling me how to set the TC so the updates don't cause this error. Other than that, it works great and I'm very happy with it. I'm just tired of having to constantly go through the process every time MJ updates itself - which is two times in the past couple of weeks Sad

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point me in the right direction.
manasota
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just use stroth's image if all you want to do is MagicJack. It's plug and play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: