magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ+ suddenly became unusable on phone and PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swimmyfish
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: MJ+ suddenly became unusable on phone and PC Reply with quote

Greetings.

Well, MJ+ has stopped working. Possibly coincidentally, possibly not, this happened immediately after I changed the battery in the handset I was using. The phone constantly blinks "IN USE" now, even when MJ+ isn't plugged in. Other handsets won't give me a dialtone either.

Now, setting that issue aside for the moment, I decided to try my laptop instead. When I plug MJ+ into the USB Drive, the MJ program doesn't open. When I run the program manually, it opens, but gives me a message telling me that a registration screen will soon open. Only it never does.

I downloaded and ran the firmware upgrade. When the MagicJack program opened afterward, I got the same message as before about a registration screen opening...and no registration screen. On MJ's web site, I navigated to the Activation page and clicked "Detect Device." However, the page simply reloads when I click it.

I tried to format the MJ Plus device, but I get no format option when I right-click on the drive that MJ is plugged into. My USB ports are usable with other devices.

I tried to use MJ's on-line help chat, but it's only available during US working hours, which means I had to get up very early in the morning, and was still testing random stuff when I had to stop and get ready for work.

So....any ideas? I'm thinking the device is probably beyond help, but if there's anything I'm missing, I'd love to know. Thanks in advance! If no solution is forthcoming I'll just have to get up earlier and try their on-line chat again.
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things to try:

Use a corded handset to see that works with the MJ directly plugged into the router;

Uninstall the MJ software and then plug in the MJ to reinstall the software
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: