magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ+ Stand-Alone Ethernet Cord to Modem Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArubaBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: MJ+ Stand-Alone Ethernet Cord to Modem Setup Reply with quote

I've purchased the MagicJack Plus and registered it as was suggested by plugging it directly into my computer's USB port. It has worked great.

I would now like to use the MJ+ in a stand-alone mode plugged into a wall outlet but I do not know how to hook up the ethernet cord from the modem to the MJ+ and my computer. My modem only has one ethernet outlet that I use to plug into my computer.

How can I hook up the ethernet cord to the MJ+ and my computer?

Hey, thanks for any feedback!

Bob
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not currently have a router, suggest you get one. It need not be WiFi capable, from what you say.

Keith
ArubaBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Internet cable. Will the TP-LINK 4-Port Cable/DSL Router TL-R402M do the job?
Thanks, Keith.

Bob
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArubaBob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, I apologize for my ignorance about routers. I've never used them.

I bought and just installed a Belkin Wireless Router N150. It was the cheapest I could find at WallyWorld that could deliver up to 150mps.

The home phones are working great through the MagicJack Plus with the computer shut off.

I did 3 yrs 9 mos with the standard MagicJack, which in itself, I thought, was awesome with the exception that the computer always had to be on (a minor PIA).

Now hopefully the MagicJack Plus from YMAX will be my last landline.

Dan Borislow and YMAX Corp Rocks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: