magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ+ only works in computer NOT in standalone mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtoledo2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: MJ+ only works in computer NOT in standalone mode

I went to their web site and set it on static routing, to do this I had to plug it into the computer, things worked ok, then today it failed.

I have reset my router to factory standards and nothing, i have checked the cable all is ok , also on the lights for the ethernet I get a green light on the left side of the port and a orange light on the right side facing the ethernet cable plugged ito the wall.

but works if I plug into computer

is there a RESET for this dongle? I remember when I registewred it I had to tell them I wanted it on stand alonbe mode. how can I do that again?

thanks to all for your help

EDIT: problem corrected found a post at dslr that showed a hidden page on the latest firmware .34 of the REV I router and it had UPNP disabled also MAYBE the web site at myjack fixed the static setting back to DHCP

here is the hidden page link incase someone comes asking about Verizon Actiontec REV I and MJ+

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=900

this is for UPNP and

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

this one is for IGMP some folks have issues with this setting and OTHER network apps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: