magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ Neglects Problem: YOUR DEVICE IS NOT ON THIS ACCOUNT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HcVcT
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Has MagicJack come up with a fix for this yet? Reply with quote

I just signed on for the MagicJack with a 5 year contract. I received a used galaxy tablet from my brother. He has MagicJack also.
I can't log into my own magicjack account. It tells me "Your device is not in this account." Well, no kidding. The MagicJack account that the galaxy tablet used to use belongs to my brother. Now, it's mine. But I can't use the app because an idiot thinks that users shouldn't be changing smart phones/tablets. I hope MagicJack would put in the app where it can break the link between the smart device and a magic jack account. To permanently tie them together is simply idiotic.
I am returning my magic jack along with the 5 year contract because I can not use the app. I got it for a reason: to be able to use my tablet as a secondary phone in the house.
Sadly, I bought one for my mother also with a 5 year contract... which I will be returning that also. This is poor design. It's better not the have the app than having the app that doesn't work.
Also, the helpless desk through live chat is ridiculous. I was hung up on 3 times. then I was transferred to a higher level tech... who can not solve my problem either. I was informed that the MAC address is hardcoded and can not be removed. Stupid, stupid, stupid. With poor customer support and idiots for programmers, I am dropping my magicjacks and I will tell my brother to do the same.
jacob_camacho
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: MJ Neglects Problem: YOUR DEVICE IS NOT ON THIS ACCOUNT Reply with quote

I solved this problem with my iphone and Samsung Tablet by doing a Factory Restore and then re-installling the app.

The iphone still appears in my cousins account, but I could register it in mine. I guess it is hooked to the software.

I would only depend if its worth for you to do a factory restore in your device and then install all apps again.

Hope it helps.

Jacob

[quote="bubbageekoid"]Id really like to know when MJ is going stop neglecting the problem explained below. "YOUR DEVICE IS NOT ON THIS ACCOUNT". This is technically wrong and unlawful for MJ to not fixing this issue. I am starting this post because there are hundreds of people having the same issue. This deserves a class action law suit. Here is my chat log with MJ support tech.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steve: Before I got the MJ...
steve: I tested the the MJ app on my IPhone with a friends account.
Maurice: Okay. Try to contact your friend, maybe it is in your friend's account.
steve: My IPhone device is probably still linked to his account.
steve: Is there a way to clear all devices on my account???
steve: The app worked perfectly ... until I tried it with my MJ account.
Maurice: One moment please...
steve: Actually we will need to clear my device from his account.
steve: That is probably most surely causing the issue.
Maurice: Sorry to inform you that, once the device is already been registered to an account it cannot be remove or transfer.
steve: That is technically retarded.
steve: there has to be a way to unregister a device.
Maurice: Sorry for the inconvenience you encountered but sad to say it is the way our system works.
steve: I specifically ordered th MJ for this reason.
steve: Not lawful.
steve: I will be contacting my lawyer. TY.
steve: The fact that MJ cannot unregister a device is not lawful.
steve: Lame technology. MJ SUCKS.
Maurice: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Maurice: I will be right with you.
Maurice: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Maurice: I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. I am very sorry for that.
steve: thats it.
steve: No solutuion from MJ.
steve: ???
Maurice: It is how our system works, once the device is already registered to an account it is not possible to transfer or remove that registered device on that particular account.
steve: That is not lawful.
Maurice: Sorry but it is the way our system works.
steve: Technically incorrect.
steve: OK ... Ill be contacting my lawyer.
steve: I guess we are done.
steve: I am going to post this to the hundreds of folks having the same issue.
steve: There are hundreds of folks having the same issue and MJ is neglecting to take care of the problem.
steve: But yet u will still advertise being able to use a smartphone app.
Maurice: Sorry again but there is nothing I can do about it.
steve: kk Ill go from here.
steve: Thank You for wasting my money. :)
Maurice: Okay.
steve: I will make sure to send MJ posts. :)
Maurice: I do believe I explained everything to you, Steve. I have to end this chat now.
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat[/quote]
KatMiaCartersguy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: FIX!!!!!! Reply with quote

All you have to do is get on live chat and if its your own account or a free account it is not an issue to have it deleted. Basically what this does is deactivates your device that you want to use on your paid account from the free account.

After that is done just delete the Magic Jack app from your phone and then Download it again. Open the app and sign in to your paid account.

I have confirmed that it works!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: