magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ+ issues - Choose your device problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb104
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: MJ+ issues - Choose your device problems Reply with quote

I got my number ported over and can make calls with no issues. However, incoming calls are a problem. Under the "choose your device" option in the menu, I can receive calls if I select "headset/other". It rings on the computer, and I click "accept" on the screen. I can hear through the speakers, and I can talk using the microphone. However, if I want to use the telephone option (which is what I want to be able to do), there is no ringing at all. I checked all the volumes on both the phone and computer, and all are on. I have to actually see the call coming in, pick up the phone. Once I do that, the phone "connects", but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. This is only a problem when receiving calls. Outgoing calls are fine. Any idea what the problem is?
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thing I would do is try another phone, especially if you have an old single corded one....some of the newer phones just don't like MJ and visa-versa. There are posts on it here if you want to search. Good Luck!!
mb104
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be a monkeys Uncle. I changed from a cordless phone to an old fashioned regular corded phone and viola....problem solved. Thanks.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mb104 wrote:
Well I'll be a monkeys Uncle. I changed from a cordless phone to an old fashioned regular corded phone and viola....problem solved. Thanks.

No problem Smile there are cordless phones that work (Uniden for me), you just have to be sure to get ones that do. I have a dual set on mine with no issues.
mb104
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh....the one that was not working IS a Uniden 5.8ghz model. I guess its a bit temperamental.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are Uniden Dect 6.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: