magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ+ Error 23 Work-Around

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mj3541
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: MJ+ Error 23 Work-Around Reply with quote

With the help of this forum, I was able to resolve, MJ+ Error 23, by using a second router. I shared this work-around with MJ Tech and requested to forward to their engineers, in a attempt to make unit more compatible. Their lastest software upgrade didn�t resolve the issue.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Edward'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554019589507X
Edward: Hello, how may I help you?
Rory : I have a solution for Error 23 with MJ+ and I'm hoping you can forward info to you engineers.
Rory : MJ+ Error 23 Solved constant Error 23 messages ,re-occuring within 15 minutes after reboot. Appeared to be a conflict with MJ and � 2WIRE � router from AT&T Uverse. Service worked great for about 1 month and errors started in October. Worked with 10% Tech, upgrading software didn�t resolve issue. Tried forwarding UDP ports 5060 & 5070. Tried Static IP Placed MJ+ in DMZ. To resolve Error 23: I added a second router , DLINK 615 � & changed to a different IP range. 2WIRE used 192.168.1.x , so I used, 192.168.0.x, and connected MJ+. Error 23 was gone, but voice was choppy, and sometimes I had to redial 2 of 3 times as there was no audio. To resolve the audio issue: In the 2WIRE router, placed MJ+ in DMZ and used static IP. In the DLINK router, I changed many settings, so I sure many are unnecessary. QOS was already enabled I put MJ+ in DMZ and used static ip I enable Multicast Streaming I disabled SPI, ( stateful packet inspection ) UDP & TCP End Point Filtering set to Endpoint Independent For DHCP, I cloned the mac address of MJ+
Edward: Please wait while I check that for you
Edward: Thank you for patiently waiting.
Edward: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
Edward: Please run the upgrade.
Rory : An upgrade was ran about 3 week ago. Is this a newer upgrade solving error 23, or the same one that was alread applied?
Edward: Please restart your magicJack by clicking on the "Menu" then "Advance Users" then "Restart".
Rory : I'll try that, but the last upgrade didn't resolve the issue. If this update was not recently released to resolve error 23 with MJ+, this won't fix the issue, and I hoping the info provided can be sent to the engineers in a attempt to resolve this issue, I have experienced every day for the last 2 months. I signing off now, and thank you!
Edward: Please restart your magicJack by clicking on the "Menu" then "Advance Users" then "Restart".
Edward: Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and make sure they allow multiple devices to be connected to their modem. There are some ISP's that only allow one device to be connected
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: