magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ DOES NOT HONOR THEIR REPLACEMENT INSURANCE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhitt
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: MJ DOES NOT HONOR THEIR REPLACEMENT INSURANCE. Reply with quote

Don't waste the extra couple of bucks when you buy time. MJ won't honor the insurance. Here is my chat with MJ:

You are now chatting with 'Cristine'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554048267119X
Cristine: Hello, how may I help you?
Bobby: Hi. I have a MJ that was stepped on. It still works but the box is all broken and we used packing tape to hold it togetrher
Cristine: Hello, Bobby.
Cristine: Do you want to request a replacement?
Bobby: I added a dollar? 2 dollars? a to my order for insurance
Bobby: how to I replace it?
Bobby: yes please
Cristine: If you lost or broke your magicJack, we will send you a replacement magicJack for only $10 plus shipping and handling fees, as long as you have an active account.
Cristine: All you have to do is plug your replacement in and follow the prompts. Your license and phone number will be transferred.
Bobby: Can you tell me what the insurance I paid for covers? When I got it it said full replacement no matter what happened - even if the dog got it
Cristine: Is XXX XXX XXXX your magicJack phone number?
Bobby: yes
Cristine: I see, you purchased your device to RadioShack.
Bobby: yes and when I went online to register and sign up for time it offered a dollar or 2 option for insurance
Bobby: That was thru MJ website
Bobby: I paid the extra each year for 5 years to have the insurance
Cristine: I will forward you to a higher operator to process your replacement.
Cristine: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are not currently in a chat session.
You are now chatting with 'Ezekiel'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554048267119X
Ezekiel: Hello. My name is Ezekiel. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.
Bobby: ok
Ezekiel: One moment please...
Ezekiel: Thank you for waiting.
Bobby: I'm in Korea now and was in the Middle East before that. I've told many friends about MJ and suggested they pay the little extra for insurance. It concerns me that now I find it is not a smooth effort to collect. I believe I might need to alert everyone via Facebook to not pay the extra. Just pay $10 for replacement if u need
Ezekiel: Is your magicJack physically damaged right now?
Bobby: yes but it still works. It is the box. It was stepped on.
Bobby: It is taped back together
Bobby: with packing tape
Ezekiel: If you don't have the insurance, you will be paying $20.95 for the damaged device. Since you avail the $1 insurance, you will only pay the $10.95 for the shipping cost.
Bobby: That's not true. Even online it says the replacement is $10
Bobby: So I paid insur for nothing.
Bobby: I will definately be advertising this on Facebook and user forums online
Ezekiel: Read carefully what it says in there and understand it.
Bobby: Ok Ezekiel . . . you guys win this one but you better believe when I plug into the online expat community it will cost you guys far more. I've been an expat since 1989 and know all the websites where we all swap information like this. I'll paste this chat also
Ezekiel: Not a problem.
Ezekiel: What if I lose or break my magicJack?
magicJack is dedicated to ensure your complete satisfaction.
If you lost or broke your magicJack, we will send you a replacement magicJack for only $10 plus shipping and handling fees, as long as you have an active account.
If you lost or broke your magicJack PLUS, we will send a replacement magicJack PLUS for $40 plus shipping and handling fees, as long as you an active account.
All you have to do is plug your replacement in and follow the prompts. Your license and phone number will be transferred.
Ezekiel: Read above.
Ezekiel: If you lost or broke your magicJack, we will send you a replacement magicJack for only $10 plus shipping and handling fees, as long as you have an active account.
Bobby: You are ignoring the replacement insurance I paid for
Ezekiel: That only applies for those who has no insurance.
Ezekiel: So?
Bobby: LOL . . . right. Okay, no problem. I will enjoy advertising your failure to honor insurance.
Bobby: Online.
Ezekiel: Okay.
Ezekiel: Bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: