magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ Blocking US Domestic Dial Around Numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHL
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: MJ Blocking US Domestic Dial Around Numbers Reply with quote

I have Allo France as a dial around service to call France because they are really cheap - $0.011/min for France & $0.039/min for a French cell phone. I dial a domestic US number and then I am connected to a service to dial France. All the domestic US numbers worked in the beginning (11/2011), but slowly more & more numbers were blocked by MJ, but I could call the numbers for free from my cell phone.

A few months ago, when I first got the message that I needed to buy pre-paid minutes from MJ to call a free domestic US telephone number (that is a dial around service), I called MJ to complain and they denied that they did anything and claimed the dial around number had problems.

Today I had a live chat with MJ and they admitted to blocking US dial around number because MJ has its own international service . I should buy MJ international minutes and pay almost 4x what I currently pay.

BEWARE
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are so many VOIP solutions better than MJ that there is no reason to complain about it- just drop it and move on to a better service.
Ruejo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to purchase International Minutes as what they term it "IPP".. found it on their FAQ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: