magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ App & Unlimited International Data for iPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aquinoent
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: MJ App & Unlimited International Data for iPhone Reply with quote

Here is the set-up: An employee of ours has an iPhone 4S with unlimited International Data service through our corporate account with AT&T. We have an active MJ subscription with our original MJ USB dongle. He has the MJ app installed and running on his iPhone and he is logged in with our MJ account on the app. He will not always have access to WiFi while he is travelling abroad and may need to use the MJ app with his Unlimited International Data to make calls.

The question is: If he makes and receives all calls through the MJ app on his iPhone while travelling outside the US and not on WiFi, will he be charged on his wireless plan for roaming calls? Or is the service trully free through the app and on unlimited international data?

MJ Support has said YES that his calls made on the app will not be billed on his voice plan since he has Unlimited International Data.

Google Voice is not free when using it abroad to make calls back to the US as we have been billed for calls made using the GV app abroad.

Just looking for anyone who has any experience with this set up and the MJ app.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Google Voice is not free when using it abroad to make calls back to the US

That's only partially true. In some countries, you can use GV for US/Canada calls for free, in some others you have to establish a account for international calls and have to pay 1c/min .
RIC2AF
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: GV from UK to USA Reply with quote

Hello. I have only used GV two or three times from the UK. One time I was told the call would cost 1c/min, another time 3c/min, and another time there was no cost listed. All three were to the USA from the UK.

I have gotten my MJ+ back in action (after the recent Windows 10 Anniversary Update), so it will be plugged in most of the time.

But, I'd be interested in learning how best to use GV if some of you have international experience.

Thank you!

cell14 wrote:
Quote:
Google Voice is not free when using it abroad to make calls back to the US

That's only partially true. In some countries, you can use GV for US/Canada calls for free, in some others you have to establish a account for international calls and have to pay 1c/min .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: