magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mininum specifation for a magicjack thin client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Mininum specifation for a magicjack thin client Reply with quote

I was just curious on what is the min specs?

I tried using this computer with an ssd and with 2gb 533 memory.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167032

Call quality always had problems. I tried several different solutions but same result. I wanted to try to record convo for record as well and the combination was even close to being successful. When using it in my desktop or anything it works pretty well, really no problems with more then 2 gb of memory. I think the one core atom didn't' help as well.

So I was looking into anther client and just wanted to know any pointers for other peoples experiences or successes.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

murugan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Min OS Specs XPe SP2 or higher? Reply with quote

I don't know if these are the minimum hardware requirements but here's what I have been successful with:
MJ on Neoware CA10 (800 MHz CPU/512Mb DOM/512Mb RAM), Ramdrive 100Mb, XPe SP2 - performance VERY GOOD
MJ on Neoware CA22 (1 GHz CPU/512Mb DOM/1Gb RAM), Ramdrive 200Mb, XPe SP3 - performance EXCELLENT
MJ on Maxterm 8300 (800 MHz CPU/512Mb CF/512Mb RAM), Ramdrive 100Mb, XPe SP2 - performance VERY GOOD.
MJ on Maxterm 8300B (578 MHz CPU/512Mb CF/512Mb RAM), Ramdrive 50Mb, XPe SP2 - performance GOOD.

BUT MJ will refuse to install on any XPe with NO service pack installed. So, I gather that the minimum OS for Windows XP is XPe SP2. Anyone with any experience with XPe no SP or SP1 having MJ install?

With a XPe (no SP or SP1) I get the error:
Magic Jack pops up a little yellow triangle and '!' in the middle.
It reads as follows: magic jack is not supported on your version of Windows.
Please check http://www.magicjack.com/requirements for more information Detected version: WinNT 5.1 build 2600 [0.0]

Any ideas?
Especially on how to update an XPe no SP or SP1 image to XPe SP2 or SP3 (without IDIFF).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: