magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mg ready tc won't start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: mg ready tc won't start Reply with quote

my son bought a thin client for me as a gift so I could run our magicjack, I can't even get the tc to run period...supposed to be plug and play mg ready...do I have a bad tc I wonder? any advise? thx
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: mg ready tc won't start Reply with quote

Aside from the obvious... did you plug it in? Hit the power button ? Plug in a monitor? What is the make/model ?
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thx and yes plugged in powered up added monitor and nothing? it is a HP Thin Client t5710 800mhz/256/256 MagicJack Ready.
lymon

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the green power light on the front light up when you hit the on button? I'm assuming it does since you said you powered it up. Can your son return it for refund or replacement?
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't light up at all but I'm assuming there is power to it because the mg is lit up, he bought it off ebay from alltech, I believe. I was so excited to finally be able to give my desktop a rest lol oh well.
Paul777

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: mg ready tc won't start Reply with quote

well... there is power... then ... otherwise blue light inside MJ would not be on. Maybe video driver not working with your display? Try another monitor ? Odd though that the green power light is not on.

Aside from re-imaging the unit, maybe contact the seller for suggestions? I'm sure they would want to help. I just bought three T5710's and went through some issues and re-imaged them and all is good now. See my other posts.
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have another monitor but have contacted Alltech and waiting to hear back thx all Smile
lymon

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird. The monitor works on other PC, right? In any case, let us know what you find out, just out of curiosity.
TheMountainMan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a keyboard plugged into it? My TC won't work without a keyboard.
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Looks as if the tc was defective, was replaced and new one working as it should..happy camper:)
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Ha another update Reply with quote

after just days of use my tc won't start...good grief beginning to wonder if a tc is worth the hassle!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ha another update Reply with quote

Tam wrote:
after just days of use my tc won't start...good grief beginning to wonder if a tc is worth the hassle!

Dog hair??? Smile Unless that is a BIG cat in your arms...Then CAT hair??

Sorry I could not resist.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bite me...sorry I couldn't resist Wink Razz
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahha touche`

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ha another update Reply with quote

Tam wrote:

Any chance you are having power issues in your home? It is the time of year for brownouts and the like.
OR maybe just a bad batch of TC from the MFG. Any chance the S#'s of the orig and this one are close to each other? If they replace it and that one is bad as well I would get a refund and try elsewhere or a different mfg..

Just my 2 cents..

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: