magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: message: the number you have dialed is unallocated Reply with quote

I tried calling my folks new cell # and got this message saying "the number you have dialed is unallocated" and would not place the call so I did a search online and came up with this article.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk133/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b48cb.shtml

so for the more technical folks here, yes you know who you are Wink does this sound like a problem on magicjack servers or whatever they use for voip because this sounds like the people at MJ need to configure there equipment correctly, could be why you have droped calls,calls not going thru and all the other bugs that seem to have no cure or magically fix themselves. hopefully someone at MJ reads this post. peace out Smile
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could dial the new cell number from your cell phone and from landline phone then the problem is with MJ server not loading the latest NPA-NXX information. Tell them to reload the NPA-NXX table for the call server in your area then that should be fixed.
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you like magic, I was almost 99% sure this was the issue, so when I told them to please reload the npa-nxx table they had no idea what I was talking about, so I told them that the number I was trying to dial (my moms number) works with my cell my neighbors landline and even with my v@nage voip just not with my MJ and they told me it was sprint. So I called sprint and they said all is good which I already knew because I call my mom with my cell and with my lanline and all is working good. Rolling Eyes

three diffrent tech chats later Brian told me he would give the engenieers my moms number so they will look at the problem aprox.24hrs. Hey I am just glad they did not say "soon" Surprised because you know what that means. I will wait patiently to see if they fix it and will post results a.s.a.p, very frustrating when you know the problem is with their servers not being updated. Rolling Eyes
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked and it works! Surprised they fixed it for me, wow!
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that MJ fixed that for you Laughing Laughing sometimes, they need a few pushes Laughing Laughing
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousgeorge wrote:
just checked and it works! Surprised they fixed it for me, wow!

Wow, since you have such good luck w/ them, please have them fix this http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/certain-phone-numbers-magicjack-can-not-reach-t424.html Razz Thanks
curiousgeorge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

testing 123: I think all these types of problems are due to them not updating or configuring their servers with the correct info, because as you can see I just gave them the number that I could not reach and then was fixed. They are probably so busy with all these new customers that they will usually blame the other phone carrier just to get you off their back,but if you can call the number on any other phone(landline,cell,or voip) and it works then the problem has to be on MJ's end.

I think MJ will soon fix most of these types of problems as they begin to grow and as "likemagic" stated on his post they need a few pushes(3 in my case). Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: