magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAJIC JACK PLUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mckeever2004
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: MAJIC JACK PLUS Reply with quote

HI I JUST BOUGHT A MAJIC JACK PLUS FROM EBAY.TOOK 3 DAYS TO RECEIVED IT.REGISTERED THE MAJIC JACK PLUS ON THE COMPUTER I USED MY SAME PHONE NUMBER.HOOKED IT UP TO MY MODEM WORKS LIKE A CHARM GREAT VOICE QUALITY.IM A HAPPY CAMPER. Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: MAJIC JACK PLUS Reply with quote

mckeever2004 wrote:
HI I JUST BOUGHT A MAJIC JACK PLUS FROM EBAY.TOOK 3 DAYS TO RECEIVED IT.REGISTERED THE MAJIC JACK PLUS ON THE COMPUTER I USED MY SAME PHONE NUMBER.HOOKED IT UP TO MY MODEM WORKS LIKE A CHARM GREAT VOICE QUALITY.IM A HAPPY CAMPER. Laughing

Wow yes we can see you are such a happy camper as your caps lock key got stuck AND YOU ARE SHOUTING HOW HAPPY YOU ARE Smile

PLUS you had to post the same HAPPY CAMPER message twice IN CAPS since you are so happy...

One can only imagine what happens when something really good happens in your life, say like the birth of your first born..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just seen the Magic Jack infomercial for the new plus. Although i've been using the Nettalk since last Feb i still have some love for the MJ. I hope it becomes a big success and voice quality is good. Nettalk has been very good, with the exception of crummy voicemail and a few beeps now and then. Magic Jack was the first, so I'm wishing then luck. I wonder if they will now offer phone support with the new plus
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telltom wrote:
I wonder if they will now offer phone support with the new plus

I think there is a snowballs chance in hell of that happening. They appear to just be adding the Plus to their current system and are maintaining the status quo.

You would think at some point they would put the price on their website to let potential customers have some sort of idea what the darn thing costs. And I'm still waiting for that 50% discount for current MJ users that their PR person supposedly told a reviewer about.

I clicked on the "free trial" offer, and they are still playing the "only available today" game and give you the price after you enter in an address. It does appears that you cannot order the regular MJ through the website anymore. I am now curious if they are discontinuing the regular MJ, and if so, how long they will keep supporting it. As with 99.99% things MJ, it's a guessing game. But would anyone be surprised if at some point in the future, maybe a year or so, that all regular MJ's just quit working?
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that wold not surprise me with mj in the lest but if that wold happen the law could step in if you had a 5 year and u only get a year out of it. my be they will just upgrade u to the plus and hopefully by then can transfer the time over too who knows Laughing
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty200 wrote:
that wold not surprise me with mj in the lest but if that wold happen the law could step in if you had a 5 year and u only get a year out of it. my be they will just upgrade u to the plus and hopefully by then can transfer the time over too who knows Laughing

Based on prior MJ behavior, I could see them just offering pro-rated refunds for whatever time you have left on your service. Hopefully they don't take that route, but if they have quit selling it on the web-site, as a current regular MJ user, I do wonder.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I faxed 1 page w/the plus ...
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:

Had you been able to fax with the regular MJ?
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

Had you been able to fax with the regular MJ?

way way back when it first came out it worked then they MJ changed something and it never worked again ...

This was my first attempt w/the plus ... even if it was 1 page at least that works again ...

I had my fax program set to 9600 but it still connected at 14400 ...

FYI, this was through my computer not an out side fax machine ...
AlaninKY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:

If it can really fax, maybe I'll upgrade to the magicJack Plus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlaninKY wrote:
conniemadagain wrote:

If it can really fax, maybe I'll upgrade to the magicJack Plus.

Fax another 1 page fax ... sorry at the moment I only need to fax one page ...

again it was from the computer using a fax program and again it connected at 144 so that is good news ...
beerhat
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Have had mine for 2 weeks.. DTMF beeping still an issue! Reply with quote

They really need to fix this DTMF translation issue, causing random touch tones for my callers.

I'm about ready to smash this thing with the sledge-o-matic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: