magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAGICSCAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdscooter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: MAGICSCAM Reply with quote

Well,,here we go,,four days later of talking to them in their chat area and magicscam will not honor their Black Friday Sale for $29.99 a unit. It was an offer only available through their Soft Phone software if you already owned a unit. But when ordering through the Soft Phone,,,it takes you to the order area and puts a limit of 7 units for that price. I ordered 6 units and with shipping charge of $6.75 for all 6 units. Order went through and about an hr. later I checked my email to see that it wass declined with the explanation that the offer is only available to new customers. Well,,, how would you get new customers when it was an offer only seen if you already own one. Pretty sleezy scam I think. Then 4 days of trying to get this rectified on the chat site there with about 20 different people and with 2 supervisors guaranteeing me the price and quantity for the sale and still got burned with 3 units a full price with shipping more than double of the quote for the order of 6. Great ,, a sale that is a non sale and not available to those they say are eligable,,, can you say scam,, unethical and fraud. Every supervisor I talked to was supposedly the head and top dog. Two made a guarantee of $29.99 per unit and in closing the last supervisor tried every trick under the sun to deny any responsibility to fulfill the agreed price by saying my credit card rejected the chager for 6,,,lie,,,my order was placed after the sale which ended thursday,,,lie,, was still active in the softphone and confirmed by the rejection from the softphone email time and date. Also,,,stated that their own staff lied to me more than once stating it was approved and confirmed for the Sale Price. All this,,perhaps 8 hrs of wasted time on their chat line. Was given a phone number to call which turned into a automated order desk that wouldn't give you a price per unit or shipping charges supposedly to charge me the sale price. Another flaw,,, no option to choose the sale price,,,but they say you have to be a new customer to get the sale. In closing,,I was told the sale was over now and they would not honor the sale. What a scam,,, paid more for them ordering from the US than it would have cost me to order at a regular price here in Canada. And to think I promoted their product to so many friends and family in the last month since I got my first one. Love the product but the lies and BS comming from there is unbelievable. They say they are looking at past conversations,,but when you ask them to solve it,,,it turns into,,so what is the problem??? Duh,, and they take 20 min of you waiting everytime you ask them to read them and they don't. All I can say is SHAME ON YOU Magicjack USA. If anyone wants to see these conversations for a laugh to see how evasive and full of BS they are ,,,email me at [email protected]
I would recommend to anyone that this company is a scam with that type of customer support. They are not interested in dealing with you and sidetrack every time you approach them with excusses till you finally give up any hope. THEY WIN. Good for you Magicscamers. Its more principal than the cost savings and to see that confirms the scam.[/b]
hdscooter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: MAGICSCAM Reply with quote

By the way,,if you know any other sites to post this let me know and I will do it with the converstions to prove all of this. I am not a lunatic,,,just a person that refuses to be walked on and lied to. Gives me a bad taste in my mouth and others should know what to expect from MAGICSCAM. Have a great day all.
ret27m
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm odd I ordered 5 of them as christmas gifts and just received all 5 today and they were all at the sale price and only one shipping charge. My only regret is I didnt order more..... Razz
hdscooter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: MAGICSCAM Reply with quote

Well,,,, good for you and thats exactly why I wanted to purchase that amount as well,,,,but the softphone order was declined with this in my mail.

Subject: magicJack Order CANCELED
Sent: Nov 28, 2008 03:40:23 PM
To: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]

Thank you for your order of the magicJack on 11/28/2008. Due to the overwhelming demand for the magicJack, we are at this time only accepting orders from those who have not previously ordered a magicJack. Please visit us again in the future and we will try to accomodate everybody.

We are pleased to announce that magicJack's are now available at Radio Shack and Best Buy. Please click the Best Buy or Radio Shack link if you would like to order your magicJack today.

Thank you for your interest in magicJack.

Yours truly,
magicJack

How are those that are not owners of magicjack supposed to order when it was only available at the sale price through the softphone anyway???

Not advertized anywhere else online or through any other methode other than current owners of a magicjack that make you ineligable.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICSCAM Reply with quote

hdscooter wrote:
Great ,, a sale that is a non sale and not available to those they say are eligable,,, can you say scam,, unethical and fraud.

That's like their special "five-year plan". It's really four years. And, there have been contradictory reports about those four years replacing any time the purchaser had remaining. Or, added to their remaining time.

You asked if there are other places to report your experience. There is www.ripoffreports.com . Also a MJ forum on www.DSLreports.com

FWIW: Radio Shack had MJ for sale at $29.95 without all the sleaze you have to put up with when dealing directly with Pick-Pocket Dan. And, they had free shipping too. (Always free shipping to the store.).

Also, even with Dan's dishonest business practices, MJ at the regular price is a terrific value. It's just unfortunate that Dan has no concern for his own reputation, and has to keep his prices so low that people will overlook his reputation. It doesn't sound like a good business model. I doubt he'll be in business for too long. So, I'd be reluctant to buy extra years of service.

Mark
ret27m

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an owner of one already, I just clicked on the softphone to submit the order...I was amazed at how quickly they arrived. Altho I do live in Fl, and thats where they were mailed from. I hope to make 5 people happy on Dec 25
hdscooter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: MAGICSCAM Reply with quote

Well,,, I'm guessing that they didn't want to ship to Canada then for that price quote,,, seeing that I got every other excuse under the sun to notfulfill the order. This is what I got for a confirmation from one supervisor.

Scott: using that 1-800-897-8700 number which is an automated ordering line that doesn't tell you a price of anything
Scott: total is 6,,,, 3 have been ordered with the 1800 number,,,but I want to make sure its not being processed at the regular price and the shipping is still going to be the same as I was told
Scott: making the order the same cost as the one that was rejected/cancelled by the online order deal
Grace: Okay. I got it Scott..
Grace: I will process the 6 units of MJ for one order so that the shippind charge will be only $6.95..
Grace: please hold on.
Grace: I already file the report regrading your order Scott to our billing department and its only under in 1 order and the order number is Order Number: TS00574554
Grace: And the total charge is :Total: $186.89
Grace: Please wait for the email confirmation within 24 hours regarding your order.
Grace: is there anything else?
Scott: ok,,,, so,,,,the visa charge will be that and readjusted from the 3 ordered by automated phone ordering?

much more,,,but still a bunch of BS
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ret27m wrote:
I was an owner of one already, I just clicked on the softphone to submit the order...I was amazed at how quickly they arrived. Altho I do live in Fl, and thats where they were mailed from. I hope to make 5 people happy on Dec 25

It sounds like they had an overwhelming response and chose to limit the offer to new customers. But, since the deal is displayed to existing customers, it's kind of bad that they didn't change the ad to make it clear.

If that's the case, this is the kind of stuff that amazes me. Things that are fully in Dirty-Deal Dan's control, and he chooses to do things that are guaranteed to generate ill will and a bad reputation.

BTW: How will you feel if any of those 5 friends get "taken" by Dirty-Deal Dan? Like, buying one of those 4-year plans that he calls a 5-year plan?

Mark
ret27m

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008
I am going to tell them that if they buy the 5 year plan it will only give them 4 additional years, but I'll advise to only do a year at a time, I feel its the smart way to go at this time. I PRAY this service survives as it is the best deal around bar none even with the shady sales policies, I'm tired of AT&T's dirty deception far more than magicjack.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ret27m wrote:
I'll advise to only do a year at a time, I feel its the smart way to go at this time.

I agree. That's smart. I bought 4 additional years at the time of initial purchase. But, knowing what I do now (Dan's dirty practices likely affecting the longevity of the company), I wouldn't do it.

But, I was getting more at the general dirty practices. It just seems exhausting to tell people "it's really a great deal, but... (all the drama)." Some people get worked up over principle (regardless of how good the deal is). I just wouldn't want to get someone involved in something where they later say "hey, what did you get me involved in?"

Hopefully you won't have that problem with your 5 friends.

Mark
ret27m

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL i doubt I will have any regrets, I have all 4 of my kids on MJ and my sister and mother are also on it, to date they all LOVE the service and all were advised to not do the 5 year plan. The friends that I'll be giving these to will have $00.00 invested in their units and I'm sure they will take my warning to heart about the year to year subscpiption.

BTW an amazing thing happened at our local BestBuy, they had 250 magicjacks on black friday, the guy that lives down the road from me went there sat morning to get one and ALL units were gone. Our local rat shack sold out too.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ret27m wrote:
BTW an amazing thing happened at our local BestBuy, they had 250 magicjacks on black friday, the guy that lives down the road from me went there sat morning to get one and ALL units were gone. Our local rat shack sold out too.

That's one of those good news/bad news things. Good news that MJ is popular. Bad news that we'll probably see a wave of disappointed customers. Overloaded/oversold server capacity, etc.

It would be nice if things improve. I'm not optimistic, especially with Dan's demonstrated disregard for his own reputation.

Mark
hdscooter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: MAGICSCAM Reply with quote

ret27m
What ere Best buy selling them for on Friday? The 39.99 or the Black Friday Sale price of 29.00 ???
ret27m

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our BestBuy had them for 39.99 on Black Friday, our Rat Shack had them for 29.99 but I heard that rat shack was out by 8am
Stewey
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: magicscam Reply with quote

I live in Canada. On Monday (Jan. 5) my boss says he heard about this great new product called MagicJack that can let you make free calls over the Internet and he had ordered 2 units on line on a "free trial" basis.

I thought that this device would be a good thing to use to save long distance charges at home so Monday afternoon I did a Google search for MagicJack and click on the link to magicjack.com.

I saw that the "free trial" offer was to expires today (Jan. 5) so I entered my order. When I complete the information for ordering but before I could submit it a popup appeared saying the "free trial" does not apply to Canada and I will be billed the full cost immediately. So I hit the "Cancel" button.

I figured that is all and I left to do something else. When I returned there is a message on my screen saying they had processed my order and here is your confirmation number.

I looked all over the page but there was no button to cancel the order. I called AmEx to tel them not to accept the debit to my account as I had cancelled the order. The AmEx agent tried to call them but all she got was an answering machine.

While I was speaking to the AmEx agent I received an email from MagicJack. It stated QUOTE Important: Please reply to this email right away if you want any modifications from your order below, so we can ship your magicjack right away. END QUOTE. So I sent a reply telling them not to ship as I did not want it.

Also from the same email QUOTE Your credit card will be charged on or after the following date(s)... Date: 02/04/2009 END QUOTE.
Well the current date was 01/05/2009 and the AmEx agent said MagicJack had already debitted my account.

After ensuring AmEx would stop payment, I called the Canadian distributor for MagicJack to see if they could help. The guy who answered the phone said he had no connection with MagicJack.com couldn't help me and would not give me their phone number.

Since MagicJack.com was U.S. based and they were sending the device in the mail, I didn't expect it to arrive here in Canada for a couple of weeks. Guess what arrived in the mail today, 3 days after I unsuccessfully tried to cancel the order!

The MagicJack not only arrived in the mail, the return address was the Canadian office that said they had no connection with the U.S. operation. Since their office was not far from where I live, I drove over and returned it personally.

I don't know if the MagicJack device works or not, but based on the business practices of the company I have no intention of ever trying it to find out.
davrow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for telling us of your experience, Stewey.

In your case, I'd say you did (are doing) the right thing. Flaky business practices.

If I didn't already have mine, knowing what I do now, I wouldn't buy one.

Although, to be fair, it is working for me with almost no problems. (for the price, I can live with the problems I have experienced so far).
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Same problem three years later - Order CANCELED Reply with quote

It is not easy to buy a MagicJack in Toronto. There are just a few small retailers that are usually located far away requiring 30 min or longer driving

Ridiculous and frustrating ....

I have bought online at www.magicJack.com three MJs online, prepaid $345 with my credit card for six year plans and then received this!!!

magicJack Order CANCELED

Dear VICTOR *****,

Thank you for your order of the magicJack on 11/10/2010. Due to the overwhelming demand for the magicJack, we are at this time only accepting orders from those who have not previously ordered a magicJack. Please visit us again in the future and we will try to accomodate everybody.

Weird!!!!!

www.magicJack.com shareholders should eliminate the current management and hire another capable to produce & ship the product to every customer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: