magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack+VOIPVOIP(keepyournumber)+SPA3102+DialPlan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poluxproject
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: MagicJack+VOIPVOIP(keepyournumber)+SPA3102+DialPlan Reply with quote

Gentlemen. I have purchased a MagicJack device but have some questions; hopefully someone here will be able to help me; Please tellme if this is feasible or not?
Since MagicJack did not provide a phone number in my local area code, and I want to keep my phone number, I have the following idea.
First, Port My phone number to VoipVoip 239-xxx-xxxx and use a linksys spa3102 to handle incomming calls (free incomming) and manage the dialing plan.
Second, use my 2003 (24/7 up time) server to host the MagicJack dongle with a phone number 305-xxx-xxxx, connect the magic Jack rj11 port to the pstn port of the Linksys spa3102. (this is the part I am not sure if it will work, since the MJ expect a regular phone and the spa3102 expects a phone line)
Third, connect the SPA3102 phone line to the cordless phones.
Fourth, Create a dialing plan on the spa3102 as follows:
a. allow incomming from both voipvoip and MJ.
b. direct outgoing to PSTN port(magic jack port).
c. direct international outgoing (+011XXXXXXX) to VoipVoip
That way I will be able to receive calls from my current phone number(free incomming) plus the MJ phone number on the same phone system, I will be able to dial out always using the magic Jack (free), and I will be able to dial international numbers using the VoipVoip system (better Rates).
Is this feasible? any Ideas or comments? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: