magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack Settlement Kills Womens Professional Soccer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Settlement Kills Womens Professional Soccer Reply with quote

See http://www.voipreview.org/blogs/magicjack-settlement-kills-womens-professional-soccer
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Settlement Kills Womens Professional Soccer Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
See http://www.voipreview.org/blogs/magicjack-settlement-kills-womens-professional-soccer

They probably wanted to play in rural areas and Dan blocked them Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Settlement Kills Womens Professional Soccer Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
They probably wanted to play in rural areas and Dan blocked them Smile

Now THAT was clever.

For my usual un-wanted opinion. I think the article headline should have been "magicjack settlement accelerated the killing of womens professional soccer". Anyone who really thought that league would last probably also believes in the tooth fairy.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thank you John, I try I try Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone who really thought that league would last probably also believes in the tooth fairy

You are probably right on this one, but the whole case showed to everyone who did not know that what kind of absolute, sorry jerk this guy was. One of the many little things which accelerated my departure from MJ. Smile
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this was not turned over to one of the top 10% CS reps for satisfaction???
radzkillah
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conniemadagain wrote:
You mean this was not turned over to one of the top 10% CS reps for satisfaction???

Rolling Eyes Can we just use the %1 reps?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cell14 wrote:
the whole case showed to everyone who did not know that what kind of absolute, sorry jerk this guy was. One of the many little things which accelerated my departure from MJ. Smile

There is no denying that Dan appears to have a "few" personal issues, but I'm selfish. I personally couldn't care less what kind of a sorry jerk the guy was/is/will be. As long as I got good phone service at a cheap price, I was a happy camper. And I did with him for more than 2 years. Now I'm getting cheaper good phone service with the GVJack App, with a great company, and I'm a happier camper. I'm just hoping that the Dan-designed dongle holds in there for a while. Long live the free enterprise system. Cool

Edit: I'm not totally cold-hearted. If I had read that he was burning kittens and stealing food from babies, or vice versa, I would not have kept using his company. Other than that, one might be leaving a company with a high profile jerk to a company with a low profile bigger jerk.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
cell14 wrote:
the whole case showed to everyone who did not know that what kind of absolute, sorry jerk this guy was. One of the many little things which accelerated my departure from MJ. Smile

There is no denying that Dan appears to have a "few" personal issues, but I'm selfish. I personally couldn't care less what kind of a sorry jerk the guy was/is/will be. As long as I got good phone service at a cheap price, I was a happy camper. And I did with him for more than 2 years. Now I'm getting cheaper good phone service with the GVJack App, with a great company, and I'm a happier camper. I'm just hoping that the Dan-designed dongle holds in there for a while. Long live the free enterprise system. Cool

Edit: I'm not totally cold-hearted. If I had read that he was burning kittens and stealing food from babies, or vice versa, I would not have kept using his company. Other than that, one might be leaving a company with a high profile jerk to a company with a low profile bigger jerk.

He is ONLY killing kittens in Rural areas... As far as taking food from babies, again it depends on where they are living as I think he actually blocks their cars from leaving the driveway.. or so I have heard for the top 10% of people.

Smile
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm just hoping that the Dan-designed dongle holds in there for a while. "

I would not worry about that. With a retention rate of 31% after the first year of service there are estimated 6.5 million dongles out there and while most of them ended in trash, many did not. I sold my dongles for $ 4.- piece on Craig's and I saw a guy with a box of about 40 dongles collected in an elderly citizens' condo complex who apparently watch too many infomercials....
Very Happy
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to talk my ex into giving me her unused one so I have a backup.

I do feel sorry for the guy with 40 devices. Hopefully they were his and 39 of his friends at the home who couldn't get it to work, instead of him buying 40 of them.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he was an electrician working in the building. All 40 were donated by the residents. It happened before the GV ap was announced, though.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. I had this image in my head of some guy who had ordered 40 of them trying to find one that would work like the infomercial. 40 different elderly people not getting it to work isn't a much better image though. I wonder how many of the 40 were still using AOL dial-up? Yea, it's still out there, despite all my trying, my mom and her neighbor still use it. Shocked
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a couple of people using AOL dial up as well and they are not even that old. One of them pays close to $ 50.-/m for PSTN plus long distance and does not want broadband because it is too expensive. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: