magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicjack plus error 23
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danjayh
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: magicjack plus error 23

Just got a magic jack plus. It will work for a few minutes and then cuts out to silence. If I hang up and try to dial again, I get an "Error 23" message. This condition persists until I unplug the magicjack's power supply it and then plug it back in. Any ideas?
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject:

I presume you are not plugged into a computer USB port (although if you aren't how do you know you are getting the Error 23?). Have you contacted tech support?
skynet
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: magicjack plus error 23

[quote="danjayh"]Just got a magic jack plus. It will work for a few minutes and then cuts out to silence. If I hang up and try to dial again, I get an "Error 23" message. This condition persists until I unplug the magicjack's power supply it and then plug it back in. Any ideas?[/quote]

Check your internet connection
spooky47
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem and my Internet connection is working just fine. We need some help with MJ+ adapter setup for the router to keep it from dropping off-line all the time.
Rickthescot
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Dial tone dropping

I have the same issue. MJ+ sometimes looses connection during a call or after a certain period of time I get no dial tone and an error 23. Seems to work fine when connected to USB but the point of the MJ+ is the stand alone. Need to solve this one or she goes back to MJ.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject:

These sound like NAT problems in the router. The port following apears to be timing out. Try putting your MJ+ in the DMZ and see if that fixes the problem.
Tophawk38
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject:

VaHam wrote:
These sound like NAT problems in the router. The port following apears to be timing out. Try putting your MJ+ in the DMZ and see if that fixes the problem.

how do you put your MJ+ into the DMZ?
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Tophawk38 wrote:
VaHam wrote:

how do you put your MJ+ into the DMZ?

Look into your router documentation. Instructions should be found there since it varies from one router to another.

But basically you would reserve a ip for the MJ+ mac address so that the DHCP of the router would always hand out the same ip to the MJ+ then that ip address would be the ip of the DMZ.
Rickthescot
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Right

Not sure how to accomplish that mission.
pt
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: put MagicJack into DMZ for DIR-825 router does it - Thanks

-Open the router in your browser i.ex. http://192.168.0.1/
-obtain ip addr of MagicJack : -Status -Device Info -Lan computers
-add/select this ip addr under: =Advanced – Firewall settings –DMZ host

UPDATE 2 days later : run into error 30
trying now the setup published by Matt9876
UPDATE 3 days later : again Error 23 - above does not work
UPDATE 5 days later : after about 18hrs with 8 operators + 5 Toprated 10% operators + 4 Live operators working on my pc directly - it finally seems to work : since 14 hrs now without error 23
was working for 24 hrs
and again error 23 a few times a day agents are glueless - now they say its my phone the SIEMENS A490 causing this

I am close to return this not working device

Last edited by pt on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
giophotos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: magicjack plus error 23

Today, I received my new MagicJack + and I already experienced this issue.

My internet speed is 20MB download, 2MB upload. I am using Netgear Powerline AV 200 Nano Adapter kit, XAVB2101. My main router is an Apple xtreme with 4 port 10/100/1000.

Beside putting the MJ+ in the DMZ zone, is there any other work around?

It wil go back if it continues doing this. Sad

danjayh wrote:
Just got a magic jack plus. It will work for a few minutes and then cuts out to silence. If I hang up and try to dial again, I get an "Error 23" message. This condition persists until I unplug the magicjack's power supply it and then plug it back in. Any ideas?
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject:

This is a reoccurring issue with Netgear and D-Link routers.

Someone spent the time till they got the correct settings on the D-link router.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fix-for-mj-on-a-d-link-router-t11429.html

I suggest using a Linksys router if you want a more plug and play experience.
Rickthescot
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: PT Done that

I did as you recommended and still I have a dropping issue. If a Linksys router with solve the problem I would be happy to purchase one. However i am not in a mood to gamble. Any thoughts?
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried to bypass your router by connecting the MJ PLUS directly to the modems Ethernet port and restart both.

When I hear the phrase chop or drop all I can think is it's a Bad ISP or router causing the issues.
pt
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: MagicJack plus and DIR-825 = error 23

MagicJack plus and DIR-825 = error 23
DIR-825 Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.52VT

reply from MJ support:
Thank you for the time you have given me. I am done with the report on your issue and have forwarded this to our Technical Engineers already. They are currently working on it. We will resolve this problem on our end. Rest assure that you will get fine results on this matter. It will take awhile for this problem to be resolve. You will also receive an email notification for that matter. Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience. I appreciate it.

I got the same answer a week ago and nothing ever happened

Anybody else with this issue and was it ever solved ?

Last edited by pt on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpgleprog
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Error 23

I have the exact same issue and do not have it resolved yet. I don't think it is a router problem because I had the old magicjack before the plus and had it plugged into my home server (Just WINDOWS XP win various software installed for server purposes) and it worked flawlessly for a months at a time without rebooting and no errors. I bought my MJ + 2 months ago and then like 3 weeks ago just started getting ERROR 23? Let me know if they ever get this fixed, Thanks. Right now I just have to unplug it and then plug it back in to the power supply and it starts working again for a couple of 2 hours and then start getting error 23 again.
rpgleprog
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: ERROR 23

I have figured out my problem, it appears to have been an issue with configing my router correctly because after I made my changes my MJ+ seems to be working now. Here is what I did:

Router Linksys E1000
I setup my MJ+ with it's own IP address so that it would always get that IP address when it was plugged directly into the network (NOT USB). I used DHCP Reservation to do this.

THen I went into Applications and Gaming and single port forwarding and opened up ports 5060 and 5070 UDP to the ip address of my MJ+.

After doing this it appears that my magicjack no longer gives me error 23 and stays running without me having to unplug it and plug it back in. I also went ahead and did DHCP reservations for everything on my network so that they would not interfere with the reserved IP address, I also did my wireless devices this way also. Hope this helps someone else.
magicPhilip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject:

I seem to have figured out my issue on the Linksys/Cisco WRT160N v3. For me, the final piece of the puzzle was creating a QoS rule. Prior to that I would have a working system up to 1 day. Now it's been working for 2+ days straight. Guess I'll be returning the NetTalk DUO I purchased in case I couldn't figure it out. Very Happy

I spent time on the support chat from MJ to no avail. In fact, many of the suggestions made things worse (to the point that it would work for 1 call, then return to the error 23 state). It may have been coincidence, but I noticed the error occurring more frequently when heavy traffic was flowing through the network (streaming Netflix, playing Youtube or Pandora, plus 2 web browsing clients, all simultaneous).

Anyway, on to the working config:
1. Updated my firmware to the latest build (currently v3.0.03).
2. Reserved the IP address for the MJ+ in the DHCP reservation table.
3. Placed the MJ+ in the DMZ.
4. Created a QoS rule for the MJ+, setting it to High priority. (I have no other QoS rules in place.)
djvoice
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Error 23 I'm No putor expert

They advertise the Magic Jack PLUS... essentially "plug-n-play"... WRONG. Works great, well for a couple of hours, and then, ERROR 23. I have spent untold HOURS of time on line with their support, with everything from plug, unplug, and then into my router, all to no avail. It will be packaged up and sent back.

And now to the other issue about my old plain old Magic Jack, which was a bit choppy at times, and had to have the putor on at all times, but it worked. BUT.... caution to those who pre-paid for any period of time, your money is gone. Magic Jack (more than two folks at their on line help) have confirmed that you may NOT transfer your old account to your new account, and advise just to use the old Magic Jack until the subscription is up..... well, who the heck needs two phone lines, especially with one computor.

In closing, error 23 equals a faulty product, and for those of us who invested both money and time into this product should contact our respective State Attorney Generals for a disposition.... the product, until perfected should not be sold on the market.
djvoice
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject:

RMA Requested.... below are the comments I sent. Making it easy, they say they'll bill be on 12/13... hopefully this will not be the case as they'll have this piece of garbage back before then, as it is going in tomorrows mail, but after reading other posts I have my concerns... hate to dispute a CC charge, but, ya gotta do, what ya gotta do! What a real piece of crap this is.... they need to perefct their product before touting it as being the best thing since sliced bread!

Comments: I spent too many hours, back and forth with your customer service in the past few days to try to rectify "ERROR 23". Clearly, this does not work as you have advertised it. Far from being easy, as it sure is more than plugging it in, especially when ERROR 23 exists. Additionally, it is very disappointing that had it worked, the time left on my existing MagicJack account would not transfer to my new PLUS account, thus making the PLUS a costlier item than what it is portrayed to be
chiroxiphia
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Any one heard back from MJ+ regarding Error 23? I purchased and registered my MJ+ in Louisiana and worked fine both plugged in the computer and directly in router. I took it to Nicaragua and it would not work plugged into the router or the modem (ERROR 23). Support was not helpful -- they asked me to update the magic jack (didn't work), then to open ports 5060-5070 (didn't work either). Tried it in a different house, same error. Brought it back to the states, and it works here. Any ideas?
nobrain
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Yep error 23 here...

Same crap here. Also my MJ+ cannot receive calls from digital/voip phones!
pt
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: 3 weeks ago - on error 23

3 weeks ago - reply from MJ support:
Thank you for the time you have given me. I am done with the report on your issue and have forwarded this to our Technical Engineers already. They are currently working on it. We will resolve this problem on our end. Rest assure that you will get fine results on this matter. It will take awhile for this problem to be resolve. You will also receive an email notification for that matter. Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience. I appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
used the recommemded DIR-655 setup and a old D-Link router DI-604 and no more error 23 ...since 3 weeks...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
but MagicJackPlus can not handle
DIR-825 Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.52VT
or the other way around this firmware prevents MagicJackPlus from working properly

and of course i did not receive any email from the MJ Technical Engineers who "started already working on this issue" - as promised by the MJ agents 3 weeks ago - in order to get rid of me...
dwilson106
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Magic Jack+ error 23 using Linksys router

I installed my magicJack+ on sunday. It works fine in my usb port but cuts off in my Linksys router and then gives me an error 23. I tried contacting tech support but could not find one. Is there a tech support and how do I contact them? Has anyone found a fix for this problem?
hytek
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Only one device allowed at a time

Was having the same issues. I put the MJ+ on a reserved DMZ address and the problem went away. I was still concerned about the MJ+ not being behind the firewall so I contacted MJ customer support. They did not give me an opinion on security issues but indicated that some ISPs only permit one device to be hooked up to the router by Ethernet Cable. I disconnected my computer and connected it wirelessly to the router. Only the MJ+ remained hard wired and seems to work fine now. Not sure if that was the problem but I'm happy. Laughing
pt
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack+ error 23 using Linksys router

dwilson106 wrote:
I installed my magicJack+ on sunday. It works fine in my usb port but cuts off in my Linksys router and then gives me an error 23. I tried contacting tech support but could not find one. Is there a tech support and how do I contact them? Has anyone found a fix for this problem?

http://www.magicjack.com/techchat/
Search ; Error 23 -> Start Chat
but believe me they are only good to raise your blood-pressure

3 tests you could do:
1-check the setup of your router by checking your port fwd settings under
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
or
2-try another router
3-use the MJ+ directly connected to your modem
pollya43
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject:

I have had my Magicjack Plus since 11/22/11. Am having the same issue with MJ working for a while, then no dial tone--message 23. doesn't matter whether I'm connected to the usb or directly to the router. Stayed on phone with mj support with several technicians for a long time yesteday. They set me up with allowed sites thru Control Panel and did an update. Same problem. I notice most of the postings are back in Nov. Have any of you resolved this issue. I have a Westell wired DSL modem and an adapter to allow me to have additional ports for eternet. I want my MJ Plus to be able to be connected directly to my router adapter. My modem is several years old. I have tried a corded phone and my cordless phone connected to the MJ. Same problem with both. Any suggestions
pollya43
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject:

On my previous posting dated today, I said that I had contacted tech support by phone. I meant by chat sessions. There is no tech support by phone as far as I know.
Sakamochi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack+ error 23 using Linksys router

Has anyone found a fix for this problem?[/quote]

http://www.magicjack.com/techchat/
Search ; Error 23 -> Start Chat
but believe me they are only good to raise your blood-pressure

3 tests you could do:
1-check the setup of your router by checking your port fwd settings under
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
or
2-try another router
3-use the MJ+ directly connected to your modem[/quote]

OK: Here's my input!

MJ+, been installed thru netgear600 N2 router for a couple weeks. MJ Quit working sometime, don't use this phone more than a couple times a week so who knows how frequently it craps out.

This problem looks to be systemically chronic.

Not buying another $100 router as an experiment for MJ!!~!

Not going tekkie and re-writing software for anything! (lessee, port 32 in a dual down flip flopper routed to extinction zone 51...Smile))

No extra ports to connect to the modem.....so that's out!

SO: My low tech solution: I set a light timer that turns the MJ off every night at midnite for about 2 minutes. This clears the probelm of error 2,3. This timer model allows turning of or on every 2 minutes around the clock, so you could cycle the CrapJack thirty times an hour if you'd like.

The timer cost $2.99.
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Error 23

Good solution. I never fully eliminated this problem in my Dlink installation, but did confirm that the problem went away with a Belkin N150 router instead. It never goes down on the Belkin, but does fail several times a day on the Dlink. Powering down always fixes the problem immediately. I guess this is the price of cheap....Fortunately I rarely use the phone these days...
3digitiq
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: magicJack plus error 23- Linksys WRT54GL router

I found a solution for the "Error 23" problem when magicJack is connected to my router.

I have a Linksys WRT54GL router, and got persistent disconnects after 33-34 seconds. After upgrading to the v4.30.15 firmware, connection is golden.

Hope this helps.
MarcTrep
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:

try changing out the 5v usb power supply with a better one
capta1nk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Plus Error 23 resolved , fix

I have a MJ+ and it was working great direct connected to my Netgear WGR614 router. No extra config and it worked fine for a month. Then I got an Amped Wireless R10000, great router, but I got MJ+ Error 23. I read forums about D-link routers having issues.

Bottom line, I'm nearly certain it has to do with the router ,NAT , firewall or any of the above. About 3 weeks ago, I determined my MAC address of my MJ+, reserved that address on my router to always be MJ+, then made the MJ+ the DMZ port. Problem solved and now MJ+ is fine, dial tone, always, for at least the past three weeks. I hope this helps someone.
bsostrich
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject:

You can add my name to this list of "Error 23" and MJ+ problems. I've been on the chat line twice and it's been no help. First time just telling me to reboot the device. Second time they opened the ports in my firewall on my computer. I am not an expert here but I don't understand opening ports on my computer when the mj device is connected to the router?
I have a Dlink DIR 601 router. I have tried to open the ports but how does one check that the ports are actually open? Thanks!
Stanomatic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Asus RT-N56U Firmware Version: 8.1.1.4o

Had the same problem until I read this thread. Here is what I did:
Access your router 192.168.1.1 (or whatever yours is)
1. LAN | DHCP | Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP List - I figured out my MAC address from the MagicJack plus unit and added an entry to assign the same IP address each time. (Click apply after you add.)

2. WAN | QoS | User Specify Rule List - Added two entries for MagicJack plus for it's IP address and ports 5060 and 5070. (Click apply after you add.)

3. WAN | Virtual Server | NAT Setting - Virtual Server - Added two entries for MJ+ for UDP ports 5060 and 5070. (Click apply after you add.)

I hope this can help someone. After the entries everything is great. Good Luck.

Stan
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone have a flashed dd-wrt router that can guide me. Also how do I get the Mac address for the mj-
dcam
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Plus Error 23 resolved , fix

[quote="capta1nk"]I have a MJ+ and it was working great direct connected to my Netgear WGR614 router. No extra config and it worked fine for a month. Then I got an Amped Wireless R10000, great router, but I got MJ+ Error 23. I read forums about D-link routers having issues.

Bottom line, I'm nearly certain it has to do with the router ,NAT , firewall or any of the above. About 3 weeks ago, I determined my MAC address of my MJ+, reserved that address on my router to always be MJ+, then made the MJ+ the DMZ port. Problem solved and now MJ+ is fine, dial tone, always, for at least the past three weeks. I hope this helps someone.[/quote]

How did you obtain the MJ MAC address

I have a Belkin N750DB and all of a sudden MJ + has started stopping every hour or so
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Plus Error 23 resolved , fix

find the mac address:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack75646.html

dcam wrote:
capta1nk wrote:
I have a MJ+ and it was working great direct connected to my Netgear WGR614 router. No extra config and it worked fine for a month. Then I got an Amped Wireless R10000, great router, but I got MJ+ Error 23. I read forums about D-link routers having issues.

Bottom line, I'm nearly certain it has to do with the router ,NAT , firewall or any of the above. About 3 weeks ago, I determined my MAC address of my MJ+, reserved that address on my router to always be MJ+, then made the MJ+ the DMZ port. Problem solved and now MJ+ is fine, dial tone, always, for at least the past three weeks. I hope this helps someone.

How did you obtain the MJ MAC address

I have a Belkin N750DB and all of a sudden MJ + has started stopping every hour or so
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Does anyone have a flashed dd-wrt router that can guide me. Also how do I get the Mac address for the mj-
Make sure your router is compatible with dd-wrt first. If it's not you'll have a paperweight. The dd-wrt website has instructions to flash a router. In a nutshell it's
1 Make sure your router is supported by dd-wrt http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

2 Save the firmware for your specific router to a file/place on your pc where you know where it is.

3 Login to your router. Somewhere on the stock firmware there is an option to click on to upgrade firmware. This is where it gives you the option to choose your own. Select the saved dd-wrt file from step 2 and wait a few minutes.

I'm by no means an expert. Although I have flashed several routers with no problems this is the quick version. Take your time and read/search the dd-wrt forum on dd-wrt's site and they have everything one needs successfully and easily flash a router. For the lazy here's the official guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation . One more tip always make sure your connected to your router with a cable when flashing a router. Do this at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
naplesnick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Linksys firmware upgrade fixes this!

I also had the same error 23 problem with a Linksys wrt54gl router. I followed the advice posted above/below and upgraded my firmware from 4.30.12 to 4.30.15 by downloading the new firmware from Cisco and voila! the problem was fixed. Thanks so much for the tip! Very Happy
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject:

sabresfan wrote:
xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Make sure your router is compatible with dd-wrt first. If it's not you'll have a paperweight. The dd-wrt website has instructions to flash a router. In a nutshell it's
1 Make sure your router is supported by dd-wrt http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

2 Save the firmware for your specific router to a file/place on your pc where you know where it is.

3 Login to your router. Somewhere on the stock firmware there is an option to click on to upgrade firmware. This is where it gives you the option to choose your own. Select the saved dd-wrt file from step 2 and wait a few minutes.

I'm by no means an expert. Although I have flashed several routers with no problems this is the quick version. Take your time and read/search the dd-wrt forum on dd-wrt's site and they have everything one needs successfully and easily flash a router. For the lazy here's the official guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation . One more tip always make sure your connected to your router with a cable when flashing a router. Do this at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ment how to resolve error 23 on my dd-wrt router.

i will save this tut for the next time i flash a router.

Last edited by xmartangel2k1 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I am getting error 23 and 2003 while connected to the modem.
3digitiq
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Linksys firmware upgrade fixes this!

naplesnick wrote:
I also had the same error 23 problem with a Linksys wrt54gl router. I followed the advice posted above/below and upgraded my firmware from 4.30.12 to 4.30.15 by downloading the new firmware from Cisco and voila! the problem was fixed. Thanks so much for the tip! Very Happy

Happy to help and thanks for the props.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Is your modem a modem/router combo unit or a stand alone modem? If it's a stand alone modem from your isp it seems like it does not work with MJP then. What type of internet connection/modem do you have?
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

sabresfan wrote:
xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Is your modem a modem/router combo unit or a stand alone modem? If it's a stand alone modem from your isp it seems like it does not work with MJP then. What type of internet connection/modem do you have?

Its a stand alone dsl modem with the speed of 3.5mb down and 1mb up. But it was working when i first plugged it to the router.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
sabresfan wrote:
xmartangel2k1 wrote:

Its a stand alone dsl modem with the speed of 3.5mb down and 1mb up. But it was working when i first plugged it to the router.
Other than trying it at a friend or family members house to see if it's working correctly the only other suggestion I have is test your internet connection and see if it's compatible with voip http://myspeed.visualware.com/indexvoip.php . Perhaps some of the other forum members may have another suggestion. Good Luck
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Just found out by mj customer service that my isp doesnt allow voip. Oh well i have my own vpn Very Happy
3digitiq
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Just found out by mj customer service that my isp doesnt allow voip. Oh well i have my own vpn Very Happy

If you don't mind my asking, what isp doesn't allow voip?
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

ISP doesn't allow voip? Sounds like a b.s. answer to me. I don't think your isp has the right to not allow anything for that matter. Could be wrong, but your paying for a service. What you use it for is your business.
mcannon-gso
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Those having issues with the MagicJack+.
Make sure your router does not have SIP ALG enabled.

This will cause problems with the MagicJack.

Refer to your router documentation and/or call tech support for your router model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: