magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicjack plus error 23
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
3digitiq
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: magicJack plus error 23- Linksys WRT54GL router

I found a solution for the "Error 23" problem when magicJack is connected to my router.

I have a Linksys WRT54GL router, and got persistent disconnects after 33-34 seconds. After upgrading to the v4.30.15 firmware, connection is golden.

Hope this helps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarcTrep
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:

try changing out the 5v usb power supply with a better one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capta1nk
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Plus Error 23 resolved , fix

I have a MJ+ and it was working great direct connected to my Netgear WGR614 router. No extra config and it worked fine for a month. Then I got an Amped Wireless R10000, great router, but I got MJ+ Error 23. I read forums about D-link routers having issues.

Bottom line, I'm nearly certain it has to do with the router ,NAT , firewall or any of the above. About 3 weeks ago, I determined my MAC address of my MJ+, reserved that address on my router to always be MJ+, then made the MJ+ the DMZ port. Problem solved and now MJ+ is fine, dial tone, always, for at least the past three weeks. I hope this helps someone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bsostrich
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject:

You can add my name to this list of "Error 23" and MJ+ problems. I've been on the chat line twice and it's been no help. First time just telling me to reboot the device. Second time they opened the ports in my firewall on my computer. I am not an expert here but I don't understand opening ports on my computer when the mj device is connected to the router?
I have a Dlink DIR 601 router. I have tried to open the ports but how does one check that the ports are actually open? Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stanomatic
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 30 Dec 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Asus RT-N56U Firmware Version: 8.1.1.4o

Had the same problem until I read this thread. Here is what I did:
Access your router 192.168.1.1 (or whatever yours is)
1. LAN | DHCP | Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP List - I figured out my MAC address from the MagicJack plus unit and added an entry to assign the same IP address each time. (Click apply after you add.)

2. WAN | QoS | User Specify Rule List - Added two entries for MagicJack plus for it's IP address and ports 5060 and 5070. (Click apply after you add.)

3. WAN | Virtual Server | NAT Setting - Virtual Server - Added two entries for MJ+ for UDP ports 5060 and 5070. (Click apply after you add.)

I hope this can help someone. After the entries everything is great. Good Luck.

Stan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone have a flashed dd-wrt router that can guide me. Also how do I get the Mac address for the mj-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcam
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Plus Error 23 resolved , fix

[quote="capta1nk"]I have a MJ+ and it was working great direct connected to my Netgear WGR614 router. No extra config and it worked fine for a month. Then I got an Amped Wireless R10000, great router, but I got MJ+ Error 23. I read forums about D-link routers having issues.

Bottom line, I'm nearly certain it has to do with the router ,NAT , firewall or any of the above. About 3 weeks ago, I determined my MAC address of my MJ+, reserved that address on my router to always be MJ+, then made the MJ+ the DMZ port. Problem solved and now MJ+ is fine, dial tone, always, for at least the past three weeks. I hope this helps someone.[/quote]


How did you obtain the MJ MAC address

I have a Belkin N750DB and all of a sudden MJ + has started stopping every hour or so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Plus Error 23 resolved , fix

find the mac address:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack75646.html

dcam wrote:
capta1nk wrote:
I have a MJ+ and it was working great direct connected to my Netgear WGR614 router. No extra config and it worked fine for a month. Then I got an Amped Wireless R10000, great router, but I got MJ+ Error 23. I read forums about D-link routers having issues.

Bottom line, I'm nearly certain it has to do with the router ,NAT , firewall or any of the above. About 3 weeks ago, I determined my MAC address of my MJ+, reserved that address on my router to always be MJ+, then made the MJ+ the DMZ port. Problem solved and now MJ+ is fine, dial tone, always, for at least the past three weeks. I hope this helps someone.



How did you obtain the MJ MAC address

I have a Belkin N750DB and all of a sudden MJ + has started stopping every hour or so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 673
Location: Buffalo NY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Does anyone have a flashed dd-wrt router that can guide me. Also how do I get the Mac address for the mj-
Make sure your router is compatible with dd-wrt first. If it's not you'll have a paperweight. The dd-wrt website has instructions to flash a router. In a nutshell it's
1 Make sure your router is supported by dd-wrt http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

2 Save the firmware for your specific router to a file/place on your pc where you know where it is.

3 Login to your router. Somewhere on the stock firmware there is an option to click on to upgrade firmware. This is where it gives you the option to choose your own. Select the saved dd-wrt file from step 2 and wait a few minutes.

I'm by no means an expert. Although I have flashed several routers with no problems this is the quick version. Take your time and read/search the dd-wrt forum on dd-wrt's site and they have everything one needs successfully and easily flash a router. For the lazy here's the official guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation . One more tip always make sure your connected to your router with a cable when flashing a router. Do this at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
naplesnick
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Linksys firmware upgrade fixes this!

I also had the same error 23 problem with a Linksys wrt54gl router. I followed the advice posted above/below and upgraded my firmware from 4.30.12 to 4.30.15 by downloading the new firmware from Cisco and voila! the problem was fixed. Thanks so much for the tip! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject:

sabresfan wrote:
xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Does anyone have a flashed dd-wrt router that can guide me. Also how do I get the Mac address for the mj-
Make sure your router is compatible with dd-wrt first. If it's not you'll have a paperweight. The dd-wrt website has instructions to flash a router. In a nutshell it's
1 Make sure your router is supported by dd-wrt http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

2 Save the firmware for your specific router to a file/place on your pc where you know where it is.

3 Login to your router. Somewhere on the stock firmware there is an option to click on to upgrade firmware. This is where it gives you the option to choose your own. Select the saved dd-wrt file from step 2 and wait a few minutes.

I'm by no means an expert. Although I have flashed several routers with no problems this is the quick version. Take your time and read/search the dd-wrt forum on dd-wrt's site and they have everything one needs successfully and easily flash a router. For the lazy here's the official guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation . One more tip always make sure your connected to your router with a cable when flashing a router. Do this at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I ment how to resolve error 23 on my dd-wrt router.

i will save this tut for the next time i flash a router.


Last edited by xmartangel2k1 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I am getting error 23 and 2003 while connected to the modem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3digitiq
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Linksys firmware upgrade fixes this!

naplesnick wrote:
I also had the same error 23 problem with a Linksys wrt54gl router. I followed the advice posted above/below and upgraded my firmware from 4.30.12 to 4.30.15 by downloading the new firmware from Cisco and voila! the problem was fixed. Thanks so much for the tip! Very Happy


Happy to help and thanks for the props.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 673
Location: Buffalo NY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
I am getting error 23 and 2003 while connected to the modem.
Is your modem a modem/router combo unit or a stand alone modem? If it's a stand alone modem from your isp it seems like it does not work with MJP then. What type of internet connection/modem do you have?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

sabresfan wrote:
xmartangel2k1 wrote:
I am getting error 23 and 2003 while connected to the modem.
Is your modem a modem/router combo unit or a stand alone modem? If it's a stand alone modem from your isp it seems like it does not work with MJP then. What type of internet connection/modem do you have?


Its a stand alone dsl modem with the speed of 3.5mb down and 1mb up. But it was working when i first plugged it to the router.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Posts: 673
Location: Buffalo NY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
sabresfan wrote:
xmartangel2k1 wrote:
I am getting error 23 and 2003 while connected to the modem.
Is your modem a modem/router combo unit or a stand alone modem? If it's a stand alone modem from your isp it seems like it does not work with MJP then. What type of internet connection/modem do you have?


Its a stand alone dsl modem with the speed of 3.5mb down and 1mb up. But it was working when i first plugged it to the router.
Other than trying it at a friend or family members house to see if it's working correctly the only other suggestion I have is test your internet connection and see if it's compatible with voip http://myspeed.visualware.com/indexvoip.php . Perhaps some of the other forum members may have another suggestion. Good Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xmartangel2k1
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Just found out by mj customer service that my isp doesnt allow voip. Oh well i have my own vpn Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3digitiq
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject:

xmartangel2k1 wrote:
Just found out by mj customer service that my isp doesnt allow voip. Oh well i have my own vpn Very Happy


If you don't mind my asking, what isp doesn't allow voip?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 131

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

ISP doesn't allow voip? Sounds like a b.s. answer to me. I don't think your isp has the right to not allow anything for that matter. Could be wrong, but your paying for a service. What you use it for is your business.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcannon-gso
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Those having issues with the MagicJack+.
Make sure your router does not have SIP ALG enabled.

This will cause problems with the MagicJack.

Refer to your router documentation and/or call tech support for your router model.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
springfever2002
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Location: Gardena CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: I have resolved most error 23 issues that I have encountered

Here's the jist of everything to know before complaining about error 23

If you are running a wireless B/G/N router using the 2.4GHz bandwidth and using a laptop to connect tirelessly, while using a 2.4GHz cordless phone, you will get interference if the phone, router, or laptop are within 5 feet from each other in any given setup. I run a Netgear WNDR3300 Dual Band Router for this reason. If you want to reduce interference use a 900mhz cordless or use an old school corded phone.

Now for the MJ+! I had to do an interesting setup to make it work right without a bunch of issues. First off, my GF's mom bought one and wanted me to set it up to our already vast array of WIFI connections to our router(3 laptops, an xbox 360, and 4 cell phones). This is a lot of wireless data going around the house as it is, thus the dual band works flawlessly.

Well I ended up in a situation since my GF's mom didn't want to use her laptop to use the MJ+, so I had to come up with something since our router is centralized and in no position for the MJ+ to be connected. Luckily I bought a Netgear WN2000RPT wireless extender on sale in December that I was going to implement later on. The cool thing about this extender is that it checks for wireless interference so that it can have optimal data streaming(this is how i figured out the 2.4Ghz interference problem). Well I was able to connect the MJ+ to the extender, then I set the QoS for the extender to the highest priority on the router, then restarted the router, then the extender, and after that, the MJ+ voila! it works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krieg
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:
This is a reoccurring issue with Netgear and D-Link routers.

Someone spent the time till they got the correct settings on the D-link router.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fix-for-mj-on-a-d-link-router-t11429.html


I suggest using a Linksys router if you want a more plug and play experience.


I am using a Linksys router and am having the same problem, Also running Cisco Network Magic. Magic Jack + seems to have a problem, everything else is working fine.....STB, 2 laptops, ebook reader, etc. Network Magic keeps a running log, sometimes the MJ+ is out for an hour, sometimes 10 minutes....nothing else shows a drop of service.
What bothers me the most, is that it's out when I need to use it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devd2k
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Majicjack Plus error 23

I am using Linksys router WRT54GL and MJ+... after very long conversation with MJ tech support I come to know that I we have to fix (static) IP address for MJ device and assign it for DMZ.

after couple of days this error shows up (Error 23)
I fixed it by just disabling DHCP)

Follow the instruction you will get success.
( this is MJ+ connect with router resolution)

- first you get it MJ+ Mac address( generaly start with 6C:33:A9) assigned with IP address from router Admin page > Status > Local Area network > DHCP client table
- go to status page and disable the DHCP
- go to application and gaming > DMZ > enable > apply the IP of MJ+ which you collected in first step.
save continue and check your MJ+

Hope this works for you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bsostrich
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject:

Just to let you know my Error 23 mostly went away with the purchase of a Belkin rounter. In the last two weeks since I got the Belkin, I have had one error 23. So whatever is going on the Belkin is a lot less susceptible to the problem than the Dlink (with all the changes talked about on this board).

I have 2 laptops, a wireless phone (2.4ghz) and a wireless printer all very close to the MJ & router.

I do (on occasion) notice a pause when I am talking (long conversations) on the phone. But at this point itís working ok.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:
This is a reoccurring issue with Netgear and D-Link routers.

Someone spent the time till they got the correct settings on the D-link router.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/fix-for-mj-on-a-d-link-router-t11429.html


I suggest using a Linksys router if you want a more plug and play experience.


- I have to disagree re Netgear routers, NEVER had a connection problem with them but sometimes when you're messing around with configuring it via its web interface you have to log out of it before it will re-establish its internet connection. But I agree the D-Links are "problematic" to put it kindly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: ERROR 23

rpgleprog wrote:
I have figured out my problem, it appears to have been an issue with configing my router correctly because after I made my changes my MJ+ seems to be working now. Here is what I did:

Router Linksys E1000
I setup my MJ+ with it's own IP address so that it would always get that IP address when it was plugged directly into the network (NOT USB). I used DHCP Reservation to do this.

THen I went into Applications and Gaming and single port forwarding and opened up ports 5060 and 5070 UDP to the ip address of my MJ+.

After doing this it appears that my magicjack no longer gives me error 23 and stays running without me having to unplug it and plug it back in. I also went ahead and did DHCP reservations for everything on my network so that they would not interfere with the reserved IP address, I also did my wireless devices this way also. Hope this helps someone else.


- Yes, it's ALWAYS advisable to set your router to RESERVE MagicJack Plus's IP address. But messing with port forwarding is NOT recommended, particularly the MagicJack has been known to VARY the specific ports that it uses... that is one of the reasons why the company recommends that port forwarding NOT be utilized, stating that doing so is NOT necessary and can in fact cause more problems than it may solve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: I have resolved most error 23 issues that I have encount

springfever2002 wrote:
Here's the jist of everything to know before complaining about error 23

If you are running a wireless B/G/N router using the 2.4GHz bandwidth and using a laptop to connect tirelessly, while using a 2.4GHz cordless phone, you will get interference if the phone, router, or laptop are within 5 feet from each other in any given setup. I run a Netgear WNDR3300 Dual Band Router for this reason. If you want to reduce interference use a 900mhz cordless or use an old school corded phone.

Now for the MJ+! I had to do an interesting setup to make it work right without a bunch of issues. First off, my GF's mom bought one and wanted me to set it up to our already vast array of WIFI connections to our router(3 laptops, an xbox 360, and 4 cell phones). This is a lot of wireless data going around the house as it is, thus the dual band works flawlessly.

Well I ended up in a situation since my GF's mom didn't want to use her laptop to use the MJ+, so I had to come up with something since our router is centralized and in no position for the MJ+ to be connected. Luckily I bought a Netgear WN2000RPT wireless extender on sale in December that I was going to implement later on. The cool thing about this extender is that it checks for wireless interference so that it can have optimal data streaming(this is how i figured out the 2.4Ghz interference problem). Well I was able to connect the MJ+ to the extender, then I set the QoS for the extender to the highest priority on the router, then restarted the router, then the extender, and after that, the MJ+ voila! it works.


- Yeah, people REALLY need to do their homework when it comes to setting up a "DIY" voip system (and MagicJack most definitely IS a DIY project no matter WHAT the company claims LOL). One needs to make sure that wireless transmissions aren't interfering with each other, that router settings are correct for MJ's voip implementation, that USB and Ethernet connectors and cables are making SOLID connections, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
netspec239
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Location: Naples, FL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Check your router's firewall settings...

I'm using Comcast and a Arris TC862 Cable Modem / Wireless Router Combo. The MagicJack kept giving me a status 23 error until I reduced the Firewall Settings to Medium.

Arris TC862 Firewall Instructions:

1. Login to your Arris TC862 (Normally IP: 10.0.0.1)
2. Type your username/password (Default= admin/password)
3. Click on Gateway
4. Click on Firewall
5. Click on Typical Security (Medium)
6. Click on Save Settings
7. Assuming that everything is properly connected... now test your phone.

Chances are that this is the same issue that everyone else is experiencing with other routers. Please test the FIREWALL SETTINGS.

Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 498
Location: Southwest Florida

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject:

VERY good point, netspec239! I'd forgotten that some router (or modem-router) models actually have a "Low-Medium-High" security type of firewall setting!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
playball25
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2013
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Linksys WRT54GL

Kept getting the error 23 after numerous attempts with help from MagicJack online chat but no luck. Saw this post for Linksys WRT54GL and updated the firmware myself to the most recent (4.30.16) and I'm good to go!! Ty!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UmarTO
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 23 Mar 2013
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: SOLUTION FOUND

This is a common problem with MJ+ it seems from a quick google search. I faced the same issue again and again and tried a bunch of things. I did a few things which resolved the issue (though I am not exactly sure which did it). I will list them in reverse order... please try the first one and if that doesnot work out please go to setup 2, etc. Leaving applied what you did in step 1. (ie: I right now have all the things done and so not sure even if they work in combination- ie: multiple issues).

STEP 1: MJ has shipped a cheap USB adapter. But any decent USB adapter from any where (you dont need to spend a fortune. Any 5$ to 10$ adapter should do. I used one that was lying around in the house. Some people even report that this improves the sound quality in the MJ+ and reduces the random noise. I am not too sure of that part as I don't use MJ+ much. If this doesn't do the trick move to step 2; leave MJ+ connected via the new adapter.

STEP 2: MJ has shipped a very slim Ethernet cable with apparently untwisted wires susceptible to EMI. Who knows may be rest of the wires near the MJ+ were interfering with the data transmission. Connect any regular Ethernet cable from router to MJ+. I had a patch cable lying around that I used. If that doesn't work move to step 3, leaving this and previous steps done.

STEP 3: Some people claimed that at times the router block certain MAC (firewall) and that causes that problem. That was not the case for me, but I do have MAC authentication enabled on my Wifi router so I added the MJ+ MAC to the list of allowed devices. Its MAC begins with 6C:... Look through routers logs to find it or google for help on how to find MJ+ MAC. DO NOT GO to MJ+ support. They have clueless homeless indians sitting there for support (no offence to indians - I am one too). So they are bound to confuse you even more. Do not seek MJ+ support help... other users will be more knowledgeable.

STEP 4: Some people claim this issue happens when your MJ+ does not get a static IP address. So assign a static IP from the range available to router DHCP. Tell it to assign the device with MAC 6C:xxxxxxxxx the IP address XXXXXX. I know this was not the issue for me as well because one I got error 3002 and I checked the IP address that the MJ+ had at that time and it was the same it had since so many days. (Yes I had done yet another thing, turned the DHCP lease to 30 days instead of the default of certain hours.)

STEP 5: One thing to do also is to increase the DHCP lease in router settings to make sure its not changing too quickly for the MJ+.

STEP 6: Yet somewhere else I saw people insisted that we use a static IP that is out of router DHCP address range (which doesn't make any sense as the static IP was already marked as exclusion under DHCP setting and dedicated to my MJ+ for assignment -- but hey who is arguing. At this point I was so desperate I could try any thing).

STEP 7: Yet again some people said you have to push the MJ+ via MJ site to use the static IP. They said to fix that there is this way (though some people claim that doesnt work - I am not sure if it does but whats the harm in trying?). Go to http://my.magicjack.com/ and login in. Then under "Call Features" menu dropdown select "Advanced".Under Static Configuration uncheck Use DHCP and type in an IP Address which is not from the range available to your router DHCP. I used the following settings:

Use DHCP (unchecked)
IP Address= x.x.x.201
Subnet Mask= 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP=x.x.x.1
Broadcast IP (optional)=x.x.x..255
DNS Server 1=x.x.x.1
DNS Server 2 (optional)=8.8.8.8


So in simple words I am telling MJ to use 201 (because my router assigns DNS from the range 2 to 200), and to talk to Gateway and DNS (both is the router IP address) and finally I used the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 as the optional DNS2; in case my ISP messed up their DNS etc. Use your own relevant IP addresses please.

STEP 8: Some people correctly advised that check for loose connections. Many times the outlets/extension bar is so crowded with the adapters that some of them are loosely connected. Make sure you have firm connection.

STEP 9: I know this is not a solution, but its the first every one told me... restart everything. It is at the very least a temporary solution.

STEP 10: If nothing works for you (which I highly doubt), there is only one thing left to do. Carefully take MJ+ to the nearest freeway and properly lay it in path of an oncomming truck. The satisfaction of shredding it would be worth it! (if nothing else seems to work for you)
***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A JOKE AND I AM NOT ADVOCATING ANY SUCH ACTION AND NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU END UP DIEING AS YOU WERE NOT FAST ENOUGH TO MOVE AWAY FROM ONCOMMING TRUCK OR IF YOU ARE BLINDED BY FLYING SPLINTER OR WHATEVER. ALSO WHILE THIS GUIDE MIGHT SOUND OTHERWISE I AM NOT UNGRATEFUL TO MJ. THOUGH MJ+ IS NOT THE BEST AND SUPPORT IS POOR, YET IT HAS SAVED ME FROM RIDICULUS CHARGES JUST FOR A HOME PHONE"

All the best. If it works (which I am 99% sure it will) just remember me in your prayers and well wishes.

Cheers

Umar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB Ultra Turbo Extended Edition Live © 2001-9999, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.