magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack on 10.6 Snow Leopard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildcatwater
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: MagicJack on 10.6 Snow Leopard Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience so far? Tech Support runs me around saying it is not compatible and offers no advice on anything else. Sad
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

mmain1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

users in this thread http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/today-s-upgrade-t7404.html report positive feedback with magicjack on snow leopard. The thread is regarding a software update which may be required for snow leopard...
w0by
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: MagicJack on Snow Leopard Reply with quote

I have magicjack on snow leopard and it works wonderfully. It's very clear, easy and I love it. The only thing I have never been able to get to work is caller id on the phone. It works on the software but not the phone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience echo's the above. Works fine, and no problems, but no caller ID on the phone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
digitalknight
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Caller ID Reply with quote

Anyone know if they are going to fix the caller ID bug when used on our Mac's Question
Tommyr
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack on 10.6 Snow Leopard Reply with quote

wildcatwater wrote:
Does anyone have any experience so far? Tech Support runs me around saying it is not compatible and offers no advice on anything else. Sad

I just got my Magic Jack today and it runs with NO problems on my 1.83Ghz. Macbook with Snow leopard 10.6.2. 1 gig Ram through an Airport extreme. Wired phone. Call audio is AWESOME on both sides.

So far I'm happy!
toon guy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since upgrading to 10.6, I have been having issues with MagicJack not ringing for incoming calls. I need to restart the software to get it working again.

Outgoing calls work fine, and the incoming works fine for a while after restarting it. Seems after a certain period of idle time or something, the incoming calls stop working.

I was on chat support and did an upgrade (which I probably already had installed as I did an upgrade a few months ago), and then they suggested switching all my DNS servers to the talk4free DNS servers (which I did not like at all, as it routes all your web browsing DNS through those servers).

Anyone else with this problem? Fixes?
gavilaso
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there is any way to use it with out the dongle????
TheDoctah
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my Magic Jack running on 10.6.2 without problems for the most part. Every so often it will lose the ability to make and receive calls. A restart of the Magic Jack sw fixes it. Not sure why it happens though, timing seems to be random.

Also i sometimes get the phone ringing but when i pick it up to answer, it will be blank for a good 7-10 secs before i can hear anything which is a great nuisance.

Last but not least, the caller id refuses to work on the phone.

All in all, its minor issues, i still love the magic jack, I look forward to those bugs being fixed one day.
imma imac
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found I have to plug in my usb every single time my iMac goes to 'sleep' or restarts.. I also have to log it.

twice I lost my contact list and ALL MY PHOTOS!!

the technicians are a bunch of knuckleheads
I want to uninstall it and reinstall it again. They also expired my account today and I stupidly renewed it until december 2015.
imma imac
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw.. I had renewed it a few months back.... they prematurely expired my account today...VERY prematurely
imma imac
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: B eeps, and other odditys on MJ Reply with quote

I decided to uninstall MJ. I went into Disk Utility and totall erased it from my system.

I reinstalled it, signed in, and DID NOT USE THE UPGRADE!!

I no longer get the "3 second" beeping or button pushing sounds on the other end.

DO NOT USE THE UPGRADE NO MATTER WHAT TECH SUPPORT TELLS YOU. IT MESSES UP THE WHOLE THING.

I can restart my Mac and I don't have to continuously log in which became, still, another nuisance. If I lose my contact list.. oh well... After my contract is up with MJ..unless there are significant changes, I am done with it. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, it is still in the early stages and now there is more advertising and lots are starting to use it, therefore there will be many 'bugs/kinks/glitches' they will be needing to work out. Maybe even get SMART techs!!!

Get back to the basics.
Clark21
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,so useful info)
luannec
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: MagicJack on 10.6 Snow Leopard Reply with quote

I just got an iMac with Snow Leopard installed. MagicJack was flaky on my MBP with Tiger but it's horrible with Snow Leopard. It has to be restarted every time the computer goes to sleep and half the time I have to eject it and plug it back in to get a dial tone on the phone. I installed the update today, thinking that might help, but now I keep getting the message saying I have to replug in the MagicJack. I've had it with this stupid thing. I only use MJ for my business phone (small business and I don't get too many calls). I use PhonePower for my home phone, which is much much much better. I've just ordered PhonePower for my business phone, too...I'm trashing MagicJack. PhonePower has a great deal where, if you pay for a full year for $199, you get the 2nd year free. Not as cheap as MJ but I'm willing to pay a little bit more for some reliability. Plus, PhonePower's customer service is awesome.
wakundama
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with magic Jack on latest version of snow leopard here 10.6.4

Caller ID works fine as well and has never had a problem.

I do remember when I first did the upgrade to snow leopard 10.6.0, there were some problems, but then I upgraded the firmware on the magic Jack and all was well. I don't quite remember, but to get the firmware I might have had to contact customer support and have them send me the link as it might not be obviously posted on their website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: