magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack on 10.6 Snow Leopard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rapistanxxx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject:

wakundama wrote:
No problem with magic Jack on latest version of snow leopard here 10.6.4

Caller ID works fine as well and has never had a problem.

I do remember when I first did the upgrade to snow leopard 10.6.0, there were some problems, but then I upgraded the firmware on the magic Jack and all was well. I don't quite remember, but to get the firmware I might have had to contact customer support and have them send me the link as it might not be obviously posted on their website.

I'm having an issue with this 10.6.4 and a new Imac. I can't get it to see the magicjack. The blue light flashes for 8-10 seconds and then goes out. I can't see the magicjack under disk utility and mj support couldn't fix it. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or where to look??

Thanks,
Ron
toon guy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I had the same problem, needed t upgrade the MJ. You can find download links on this forum to the most recent update download, do it manually and hopefully that fixes it for you.
Donateko
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: POWER OUTPUT

Hi guys,

Bottom Line Up Front: 27" iMacs don't put enough power out through USB ports. Connecting the MJ to a POWERED USB HUB did the trick for me.

I am 99% sure that your computer not recognizing the MJ has nothing to do with Snow Leopard (SL) but with USB power output (PO) rather. I look in the energy savings pane to see if there was anything I could do to increase the USB PO, but had no luck. I tried all of my USB ports and still no luck. To support this, I plugged the MJ to my MacBook Pro (MBO) running the same exact configuration of SL as my iMac and gues what? IT WORKED!

It does not matter how many times Tech Support tells you to run the upgrade, if your USB port is not providing enough power to the MJ for it to work, it is as if it was never plugged in to begin with, HENCE, THE COMPUTER NOT RECOGNIZING IT.

If the blue light in your MJ is on and you can see it in the Disk Utility, then the issue might be more complicated than just PO and using a powered hub might not solve it.

Hope this helped.
poleary2012
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: no ringing/stopped ringing work around

currently using magicjack on a mac mini (2007) intel processor running snow leopard.

symptom: my magicjack stopped ringing after about 5 minutes or so after being plugged in sometime within the last year. this can't be a usb lack of power problem or it would not ring at all in the first place and as it used to ring on incoming calls all the time it can't be the phone itself. i have a panasonic kx-tg5571 wireless base with one handset as my phone.

i am not sure when this exactly started but i've used magic jack on the machine since osx leopard and i am pretty sure it was ringing after i upgraded to snow leopard. as i can't remember when it exactly stopped i can't pinpoint it to an operating system change.

solution: i've found that if i leave my handset or base station with the speakerphone in the "on" position when i am not on a call i will hear the sound of the phone ringing through the speakerphone. to save the battery on the handset i just leave the base speakerphone on & switch calls to the handset when they come in. now i have a working pop-up notification and a ringing sound i can hear after the phone itself stops ringing.

theory: as the sound coming thru the speakerphone is not the sound of the telephone ringing itself but that of a sound the magicjack is playing as a ringer it appears to me that magicjack is switching back to the headphone setting for phone ringing instead of continuing to use the telephone itself. yes, i've checked my settings. telephone is still set for the ringing device. though after 5 minutes or so of being plugged in the telephone itself no longer rings but the speakerphone will play the headset ringing sound. sounds like a magicjack programming issue, not a telephone issue. if it were a telephone issue the telephone would not ring when called immediately after being plugged in & then for about another 5 minutes before this unexplained switch to headset mode happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: