magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magicjack no longer works after update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moxiemoney
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: magicjack no longer works after update Reply with quote

system: HP T5700 1ghz, 256/256

Magicjack was working perfectly for a year. Suddenly, it no longer works after the magicjack did an upgrade. I c an reboot the thin client, but now magicjack will not even start, and the 'magicjack' and 'phone' drives disappear if i try to launch it manually.

I've searched high and low on the internet trying to find the answer. I've downloaded the lastest flash file to a thumb drive, in order to reinstall, but when I double click the .exe file within the thin drive, I get an error that I don't have enough room. I'm guessing I'm suppose to launch the exe file from my main computer and make the thumb drive bootable? I will try that tonight.

Is it that the newest versions of magicjack require a bigger hard drive and more memory? If so, could you please let me know. I will buy 512 memory online. Thanks.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: magicjack no longer works after update Reply with quote

moxiemoney wrote:
system: HP T5700 1ghz, 256/256

Magicjack was working perfectly for a year. Suddenly, it no longer works after the magicjack did an upgrade. I c an reboot the thin client, but now magicjack will not even start, and the 'magicjack' and 'phone' drives disappear if i try to launch it manually.

I've searched high and low on the internet trying to find the answer. I've downloaded the lastest flash file to a thumb drive, in order to reinstall, but when I double click the .exe file within the thin drive, I get an error that I don't have enough room. I'm guessing I'm suppose to launch the exe file from my main computer and make the thumb drive bootable? I will try that tonight.

Is it that the newest versions of magicjack require a bigger hard drive and more memory? If so, could you please let me know. I will buy 512 memory online. Thanks.

If you now have version 2.0 of MJ ( up to 2.04) then yes you need at least 512 of ram for your TC...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should upgrade both the RAM and the C: FLASH drive to 512 MB. Both are inexpensive and directions are in the sticky of this forum.
moxiemoney
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will do. I will continue to browse, maybe I should delete this post, don't want to be redundant. thx.
barkndog
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
You should upgrade both the RAM and the C: FLASH drive to 512 MB. Both are inexpensive and directions are in the sticky of this forum.

I'm not finding a 512 FLASH on ebay, but can get the 512 RAM. Will upgrading the RAM only for now do the trick, or is it mandatory that the FLASH be upgraded as well?
Diggs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it is the Flash that needs updating more than the RAM. (You can probably get by on the RAM you have.) Details are in the first post of the first sticky of this forum, but here is the link to the flash module from Transcend. They also make larger modules, but not really needed for MJ.

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?itemid=TS512MDOM44H-S
mememe1234
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works with 256/256 after little play around.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/t5710-thin-clien-w-256mb-works-t10012.html

That was what I did and it works ever since.
barkndog
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the suggested flash on the way. When I replace the flash, will I have to follow the steps in this thread again? Or can I backup and restore from my current flash?

Also, concerning RAM: would this item work for the 5700?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006TTDF8/ref=oss_product
Diggs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm - Restore? How would you restore to a computer that no longer has an OS on it and won't boot. You may know something I don't but that is why you need a bootable image from HP on a USB stick. Also, I would use this thread (first thread in this forum) -

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/hp-thin-client-modifications-upgrades-for-magicjack-t1493.html

And yes. That memory appears to be correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: