magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack keeps shutting down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom/S
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: APPCRASH Reply with quote

I have tried the solution but it did not work. I scanned the computer with virus software and found no virus. I've been running my virus software for a while and had no problems with that so I trust there is no virus.

I am amble to start magicjack and make a call. But within a few moments it keeps sutting down. I can start it again but it'll shut down again.

Can anyone come up with the solution?

Thank you!
English_Jean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been having the same problem for past 2-3 weeks. At random times - few hours to few days - I'll hear a chat message like ding noise and Magicjack shuts down. What's strange is that all appears well because the blue light is still on. I get a window saying insert the Magicjack but it also advertises Magicjack+. I'm thinking they're trying not so gentle persuasion to sell me a Magicjack+. Not going to work as I'm paid thru 2013. Everything is well once I reinsert the dongle, until the next time. All has been reasonably OK for a while till this. I've had the unit for about 2.5 years and use Windows 7 and usually Firefox. The dongle is connected directly to the USB. Don't recall making any changes to anything recently. I use Norton and McAfee and they haven't found any issues.
Excuse the non techie language. Don't know much about that type stuff but I've managed to get by so far:)
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to check in device manager in the USB section none ( there are more than one) of the USB ROOT HUB settings have the power saving feature enabled. Also sometimes USB ports can and do put out less power as the PC ages so you MIGHT need a POWERED usb hub. Also maybe you added another USB device? If so, don't forget USB power is shared among
ALL USB devices and that power is finite.
Just a few ideas off the top of my head, hey it's a short trip Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
English_Jean
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Joe. I'll check these out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: